Update: Sony Debunks IGN Rumor - The Last Guardian is Not Cancelled

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

  • Update: Sony Debunks IGN Rumor - The Last Guardian is Not Cancelled

    UPDATE: Just like that, Sony's Scott Rohde, the Software Product Development Head at Sony Worldwide Studios, essentially says IGN and their source are full of crap.


    I'm sure this won't bite IGN in the ass in any way, shape, or form. Nope.


    Original: This news is not confirmed by Sony but rather by sources close to IGN. Their sources say that during an internal meeting last week, it was revealed that the long in development Team Ico title, The Last Guardian, has been cancelled.

    Now, the last official word from Sony, which admittedly was last March, is that the game was still "in the mix" at Sony Worldwide Studios. The game was first revealed in 2009 at E3. It had a projected release date of 2011. In 2012 Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that the game was still in development. In 2014, a random source says that the game is now officially cancelled.

    It's not official by any stretch of the imagination, but it's been a very quiet five years now. It will be quite interesting to see if this is complete crap and if Sony shows off The Last Guardian at their E3 presentation on Monday.

    • cikame
      #1
      cikame commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently playing through Shadow of the Colossus again and it's rekindling my interest in this, how does a developer survive 9 years without making a new game?

      Though i guess if they are internal Sony maybe the staff get moved around a lot.
    Posting comments is disabled for guests. Login or sign up to leave a comment.

Related Topics

Collapse

TGN on Threads TGN on BlueSky TGN on Facebook
Working...