Solution to the titan gun whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve O B Have View Post
    Honestly I think you almost seem to be purposely missing the point.
    The simple fact is that the gunners in a Titan are unable to be killed and this is by any definition unbalanced.

If anyone rolls around in a tank and kills people they are still vulnerable to getting their posterior handed to them by either a well placed Pilum or a TV guided missile. They get hit, they die. In a titan they get their gun destroyed and there is no repercussion.

Personally I think that the idea of a gunner taking some damage, around the 25-35 points range, is a brilliant idea. The effect of the gunners console blowing up is already there so surely it wouldn't take much more to knock off a few health points. This still leaved the titan guns as a very effective weapon but also means that the gunners are less able to 'stat pad' and lets be fair, it is tantamount to it.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Fish on this one.
    Bingo.

So it is about stats? It is about caring that they get a better KDR than you? Something is not unbalanced because they cant be killed. Something is unbalanced because it performs its job too well. With Titan movement off in 75% of servers, it can hardly do its job at all.

Also, you joined just to argue that?

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
      Bingo.

So it is about stats? It is about caring that they get a better KDR than you? Something is not unbalanced because they cant be killed. Something is unbalanced because it performs its job too well. With Titan movement off in 75% of servers, it can hardly do its job at all.
      This game is ultimately about killing the other guy. If he can kill you but cannot be killed then there is an issue.

Yes, you are that annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
        This game is ultimately about killing the other guy. If he can kill you but cannot be killed then there is an issue.
        You can remove his weapons.

Again, /thread.

Comment

No, you can disable them for a very short amount of time. However the only "cost" in this game is death, and he never has to pay that.
          Again, /thread.
          Your admin privilege seems to have been revoked.
          I guess the only way for this thread to die is for you to stop posting then?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
            No, you can disable them for a very short amount of time. However the only "cost" in this game is death, and he never has to pay that.

Your admin privilege seems to have been revoked.
            I guess the only way for this thread to die is for you to stop posting then?
            Yeah, Im done with this. I seem to be the only one here who doesnt care about JoeBobCamper in his Titan getting better scores than me.

GG noobs, GG

Comment

No. An argument implies that there are two reasonable sides to the 'discussion'. You appear to have relinquished your standing within the argument when you passed up on reason.

Again, /thread.
              By virtue of this you have nicely alienated everyone else in the thread as not having a valid right to express their opinion and as such have alienated yourself.

I joined the thread to express my opinion on a game that I enjoy and that I felt that DICE were taking notice of. I felt that there were some ('some') worth while opinions being expressed in an open and sensible manner until you stuck your oar in and decided that yours was the be all and end all.

Simply - it's not the way to carry an intelligent conversation and it's certainly not the way to engage in debate.

Comment

Keep in mind that if a Commander moves his Titan on top of a silo thinking it'll be easier for him to defend it, dead wrong, even if the silo is yours, the missile from the silo will still do damage to your own Titan.

As for the missile hitting the Titan guns, hmm, it could possibly destroy em?

Comment

I thought this thread was a "solution to titan gun whores" not a bickering match that no-one is going to concede to. I was enjoying parts of this thread.

Comment

I consider myself a gun whore. I love the titan guns on titan mode, I love the rorsch on conquest mode. I'm a lot better than most people with these guns, because I play with them a lot.

About the titan guns:

Even if you are a good gunner and the titan is right above a silo, a SMART squad can take you down/capture the silo quite easily. Pilums + railguns + gunships = you lose. Sure, you will kill some people in the process, but in the end, the enemy will get the silo. And when they do, you (or someone else from your team) has to get down there and get the silo back.

I don't think that the guns are unbalanced. The titan is supposed to be godamn powerful ffs.

Comment

• Wow, what a thread.
                      First off, I hope you, raidyr, have not really given up on this thread yet, cause I'll probably need your back-up here.
                      I camp the Titan guns. Plain and simple. In certain situations. I don't play an entire round like that. I'll always be assault, support, whatever during the game, and go help my teammates out in the field. Once our shields go down it's a different story. I often spawn on the Titan only to find NO ONE defending it. Or, there's some poor loner down in the halls, defending by himself. (Who some semi-coordinated squad could take out in about .06 seconds) So I hop into the guns, to make every effort to defend the Titan.
                      And, because of lag, I only play in static Titan maps. Which means you have to come to me. If you're flying a transport in, or driving an APC in, why shouldn't I use all the fire power I have to defend my Titan?
                      Not sure who said it earlier, but someone said....the Titan is meant to be a flying fortress.
                      Do we all know what a fortress is? It's a heavily guarded, heavily defended structure. The Titans are not supposed to be easily approached or boarded.
                      (I have a 40.5 K/D ration with Titan AA, with 567 kills. Before anyone complains...I don't care about these kinds of stats. Rather, I got them all just playing defense.)
                      Now, can the Titan guns be "spammed"? Of course. ALL weapons can be spammed. Though, personally, I don't believe you can spam any weapon, cause it just does what it does. I hate engis who have a supply crate dropped to them, then just find cover and "spam" taking out the Titan guns. But hey, that's what's happening. I need to find a way to counter it, not complain they should be nerfed.
                      If you're getting killed constantly by approaching my Titan.........don't approach my Titan! Simple as that. I will kill you if you try to board.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidyr View Post
                        The Titans are supposed to be huge flying fortress which can rain down hell upon infantry/armor.
                        ooo raid that sounds sexy like a new mercedes

Comment

• Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                          I camp the Titan guns. Plain and simple. In certain situations. I don't play an entire round like that. I'll always be assault, support, whatever during the game, and go help my teammates out in the field. Once our shields go down it's a different story. I often spawn on the Titan only to find NO ONE defending it. Or, there's some poor loner down in the halls, defending by himself. (Who some semi-coordinated squad could take out in about .06 seconds) So I hop into the guns, to make every effort to defend the Titan.
                          I totally agree, you should defend your titan, and you are correct they should be very powerful but there should also be repercussions for sitting at a console when a gun gets taken out.

We aren't suggesting that DICE make the guns less powerful, only that there is more of a risk to sitting at them for the whole game. Make it more of a risky endeavour to be a gunner.

Comment

• Heh, fine. You can have your new Titan guns if I can have my Voss that can't snipe :laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by raidyr
                              The Titans are supposed to be huge flying fortress which can rain down hell upon infantry/armor.
                              OK where on earth did you even read this? All I have read IG is that they are "a superior transport and assault medium".
                              And even if you were right; this game is about having fun, not simulating futuristic hoplessnes of a war. It would be like making a game about WW1, charging entrenched machine guns with bayonets.

Originally posted by AckAck
                              Here come the whiners. I use the Titan guns and I've been killed by Titan guns and IMHO the guns are fine. BOTH teams have access to the guns so whats the problem here?
                              Again, games are suppose to be fun. If both teams had wallhacks and aimbots, it would be balanced yes, but would it be any fun?

Originally posted by raidyr
                              That's like an APC shooting EMP on a walker. "let's put death on hold another two seconds"...

Originally posted by Roger Smith
                              Think of a respawning vehicle like a tank, as opposed to a battlefield asset like an artillery piece. that way, if someone truly has the pactience to train thier weapon on the guns, they can suppress the usage of them indefinitly. which would give the enemy commander a reason not to put his titan in the middle of the map. its still not totally fair this way, because the enemy still doesnt get a death. but at least they cant just sit on the deck switching guns and repairing constantly and getting mucho kills with no risk.
                              Yes please. I don't understand why they were made the way they are in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Filippo View Post
                                Even if you are a good gunner and the titan is right above a silo, a SMART squad can take you down/capture the silo quite easily. Pilums + railguns + gunships = you lose.
                                I love the Rorsch railguns as much as you do, but you've GOT to show us where these magical railguns are that can elevate high enough to actually hit a Titan gun that's inside the draw distance, much less "right above the silo". With the sole exception of the two at Silo 1 on Sushi Table (which are already up on a hill), I can't think of a single one on any other map that would work as you describe.

EDIT: Doh - it just occurred to me that perhaps you were talking about the Rorsch AA guns rather than the railguns? Those will elevate high enough but leave the user supremely vulnerable to return Titan gun fire. Tip: always smart to jump out if you're about to die, 'cause if you die while you're in it you can't be revived by a buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X