This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb Raider: Anniversary Coming to Steam

Everyone's favorite heroine (that isn't of the drug variety) is coming to Steam again in the form of an anniversary edition. The game, Tomb Raider: Anniversary is currently available for pre-order on the Steam content delivery system. Don't believe me? Then perhaps a wonderful press release from Valve will suffice.
    Inspired by the first Tomb Raider videogame, originally released in 1996, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a totally new 2007 adventure for Lara, faithfully preserving the elements which made the original Tomb Raider such a classic, selling over 7 million copies worldwide. [...]

Using an enhanced 'Tomb Raider Legend' game engine, the graphics, technology, physics and engine bring Lara's adventure and pursuit of a mystical artefact known only as the Scion right up to today's technology standards and will offer gamers a completely new gameplay experience.
    The game is only $29.95, and will be made available for play on June 5th.

i had a lot of fun playing tomb raider 1 & 2 on ps years and years ago, good games. im not gonna lie though, i did buy the strat guides for them.

Comment

yay! Though as a TR fan I think I will forgo a steam purchase and get meself a boxed version Doesn't seem right to not have one when I have all the rest (for better or worse). I'm looking forward to despising and liking Cistern at the same time lol.

Comment

Tomb Raider 1 was really good for its time, but going back to play it years later, it really, really sucked. Especially the ending. I had played it partway and then went back years later just to play through it to the end, and it so wasn't worth it.

I hope they put a bit of story to it as well as the graphical updates.

Comment

Thortok2000 wrote..

Tomb Raider 1 was really good for its time, but going back to play it years later, it really, really sucked. Especially the ending. I had played it partway and then went back years later just to play through it to the end, and it so wasn't worth it.

I hope they put a bit of story to it as well as the graphical updates.
          The story seems a bit more in-depth from all the videos I watched.

Comment

Is it wrong that I laughed at Zips' heroine joke for like three minutes?
            totally new 2007 adventure for Lara
            How is it 'totally new' if it's a remake?

Anyhoo, been looking forward to this one for awhile. Can't make up my mind though to get it on PS2 or PC. TR on the PC just feels wrong to me, but I'm not sure I can be arsed to dust off my PS2. You'd think they'd be making PS3 and 360 versions, but alas.

Comment

They always call remakes 'totally new' to distinguish them from re-releases.

Comment

Tomb Raiders 2 + 3 were the win

Comment

mmm, how big will it be?

The fact is, I'm getting it some way, and right now it's the unconventional way, that some might say is illegal.

But I wouldn't mind buying it off of steam, if my sister didn't like the game...

I've played them all, and I really liked the longevity and puzzles of the first ones but prefered the mobility and action of the latest (legend rocked being able to control Lara with the mouse).

Comment

imo the most important part of this game to most of the gaming community will be how the physics engine will handle the motion of certain spheres

Comment

wow!!! keep this retarded shit off steam

Comment

icemanz-alb wrote..

wow!!! keep this retarded shit off steam
                        Because people are holding a gun to your head, forcing you to buy it. Right? Of course they are!

Comment

Shadow wrote..

imo the most important part of this game to most of the gaming community will be how the physics engine will handle the motion of certain spheres
                          If TR:L on the 360 is anything to go buy, the spheres don't move at all. Solid as a rock.

Which makes me wonder. They managed to program run-able and smudge-able makeup on her, yet there was no wet cloth system, nor any '*cough* physics *cough*' either. You'd think they'd work those kinda of things out before her feckin' makeup. I mean, TR makes more cash based on Lara's chest than even the DOA games, and those pretty much revolve solely aroudn boobs.

Comment

I don't really care about her boobs THAT much.

Comment

Yo where 2 dowwnload nude pach?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X