Solution to the titan gun whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to the titan gun whores

I hate those talentless guys who just sits on the titan guns all day ending up with a 30-0 k/d ratio... heres a solutions... instead of it taking 3 pilums to destroy a titan gun reduce to 2 and if you blow a titan gun.. it kills whoever is on that gun at the time.... that will balance it out a bit....

at least when u destroy the core, u kill everyone sitting in the guns at that time.... 6 kill streak max....

Comment

Ive always thought destroying the gun should kill the gunner, it might aswell be a form of stats padding in the titan guns cos you cant die - mega k/d ratio

Comment

The Titans are supposed to be huge flying fortress which can rain down hell upon infantry/armor.

Comment

between a pilum, a support, and a gunship, titan guns = no problem.

Comment

I use the guns from time to time, but like it says above, they don't seem to be anything gunships/AA cant handle fairly easily, my only problem is some idiot on your team is bombing you when your capping a silo

Comment

When a console blows up in ST, does the person that just got electrocuted just stand there and look at the blank console waiting till Geordi Laforge fixes it? Or do they go flying 10ft and die (die if theyre extras, not any senior officer lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                When a console blows up in ST, does the person that just got electrocuted just stand there and look at the blank console waiting till Geordi Laforge fixes it? Or do they go flying 10ft and die (die if theyre extras, not any senior officer lol).
                I used to watch all the time. Let me tell you that at least they weren't dieing like flies(redshirts) like in TOS.

Comment

I suggested this a while ago but it was quickly shot down along with every other reasonable suggestion.

Comment

Its so reasonable that we tried that in an internal beta. The end result was Titan guns were never used. There's a lot of threats to a Titan gun, and often a particular gun was unable to engage the threat to his life. It was just frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                      Its so reasonable that we tried that in an internal beta. The end result was Titan guns were never used. There's a lot of threats to a Titan gun, and often a particular gun was unable to engage the threat to his life. It was just frustrating.
                      but dont you agree that the titan guns are overpowered.. look at suez or verdun a well placed titan 2 or 3 engineers 4 gun monkeys and you have the makings to spoil what would be a very good game.. within all other aspects of the BF2/2142 you have tried to find a balance.. but I dont think you have with the titan guns. you need to balance it out.. why dont your try and implement it in a patch.. if it proves unsuccessful you can reverse it again.. like you did with the granades blowing anti-tank mines in BF2... More people on our server moan about the titan guns than anything else.. if it is like this on our server then i would think we are not alone... you guys at dice have listened to what people say about other stuff ie squad hopping dolphin diving why cant you look deeper into this.. dont get me wrong I think you guys do a great job.

Comment

We hear you, but its a complex issue without a quick fix. Titan Gun balance is on our radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                          We hear you, but its a complex issue without a quick fix. Titan Gun balance is on our radar.
                          Why? So few servers allow moving Titans these days, and it really is your fault if you stray under the GIGANTIC FLYING BASE IN THE SKY. This is like saying "Its not fair that the one guy camping in his main base keeps killing me when I try to RDX the commander assets". So what if he has a 30-0 KDR? If he finds that fun, fine, let him have his fun.

Comment

Thank you for pointing out the complexity of the issue raidyr.

Comment

I posted this in another thread yesterday regarding the Titan guns....

-----------------------

Bah... the titan guns are hardly unbalanced. They can basically only shoot where you've got a line of sight to, are dependant on where the titan is actually located, and the shots surely don't fall with any degree of precision unless the target is practically directly underneath, and a turret can be taken out from 100% health between shots while it recycles.

Weapons to be respected, no doubt, but nothing as whoresome or ridiculous as the J10 situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X