Solution to the titan gun whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
    You are complaining that they can't be killed. However, their guns CAN be killed, so you DO care about the fact that THEY get a better KDR than you.
    you cant seem to get the KDR outa of your head.. I have no trouble with anyone playing in balanced way getting a better KDR than me.. i have a problem with people playing in an unbalanced way. The only situation you can give me as an example in BF2142 that is unbalanced is titan gun.. no other senario is unbalanced... and whatever you come up with next i will have a suitable answer for..

Meh. You might be right about the titan gun destruction. I am not belitting you for playing infantry, its just kind of biased for an infantryman to complain about the Titan.
    so if we go by your rule book, i should keep my mouth shut because I like infantry more than titan.. If I have a preference to infantry that has nothing to do with you and that i have voiced an opinion about titan, i am well within my rights to do so.

I am using your stats against you, duh
    where? you have told me what i play with, etc .. and? how have you used my stats against.. i think you need to draw me a picture as i cannt see it.

Again, you don't mind because they CAN be killed. However, the second they can't be killed, it upsets you. So yes, you do care about their KDR, again.
    do you understand english? I have answered this before... NO i dont mind if they can be killed but the second they cant be killed it becomes UNBALANCED!!!!! the KDR which you seem to bring up at every chance is a by product.. the main things is he can kill me but i cant kill him... that has nothing to do my me not liking his kdr it is me not liking the fact that i cannot kill him..

Guys am I talking double dutch.. does anyone know what im on about because this guy dont.. if so can anyone on this forum explain to this guy what im talking about....

Comment

I somehow actidentially podded into the other teams titan hanger the other day.

I got so many of those titan gun whores tags.

Sweet retribution!

Comment

ROFL, that would be awesome!

Comment

It seems to be an increasing trait amongst players to simply sit in titan guns for an entire round and rack up insane amount of kills with 0 deaths.

Sure they are missing out on 90% of the game, but there is nothing worse than having a titan gun continually spamming a choke point over and over again.

I'd suggest increasing its reload time and make them shoot a single stream of bullets rather than having them spread out to cover a decent area.

At least if they were in a single stream they would be better suited to taking out armour rather than infantry and it wouldn't be so easy to clock up tens of kills with zero risk.

Having them kill the gunner when they explode probably wouldn't work as nobody would use them, and having their damage reduced won't really help either as I think they're pretty good. The main issue is that its just too easy to sit in a titan gun and spam down onto the helpless infantry.

Heck if one of the gunners is an engineer (90% of the time) then there is absolutely nothing you can do as they will come back up faster than you can take them down.

So to summarize:

Titan guns = big kills with zero risk
          Titan whores = annoying
          DICE please fix :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
            Words
            Shut up already. Disable the guns. Adapt. Stop crying because someone else can't be killed. Getting sick of having long, drawn-out arguments with someone who is lying to themselves. What does it matter if he cant be killed? You can remove his weapon. So do so.

An infantryman whining about Titan guns is like a vehicle person whining about "those overpowered engineers". Titans were made to fly around and KILL YOU. However, DICE was nice enough to allow you to disable the guns. So do it and stop complaining because someone has better stats then you.

Comment

or play servers where the titan can't move...as in most of them.

Comment

Shut up already. Disable the guns. Adapt. Stop crying because someone else can't be killed. Getting sick of having long, drawn-out arguments with someone who is lying to themselves. What does it matter if he cant be killed? You can remove his weapon. So do so.
                Giving up already? seems my "drawn-out aurgument" has some credibility as you havnt come back with any decent retort... you seem to be using the "kdr" like its the last bullet of your gun.. I am not lying to myself.. I do not like the unbalance of the titan gun... where is the lie there?

An infantryman whining about Titan guns is like a vehicle person whining about "those overpowered engineers". Titans were made to fly around and KILL YOU. However, DICE was nice enough to allow you to disable the guns. So do it and stop complaining because someone has better stats then you.
                there you go again with some stupid examples... "overpowed engineers" can be killed..... titan gunners cant, yes DICE was nice enough to allow us to kill the guns.. they can get 2 or 3 volleys off at you before you can destroy them and the guns can be back on line before you have reloaded your pilum or your AA gun cools down...

your right.. this is getting tedious, you cant seem to see wharer im comming from so just leave it at that...

Comment

Repeating myself again:

You are crying because they can't be killed. Stop crying.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                    Its so reasonable that we tried that in an internal beta. The end result was Titan guns were never used. There's a lot of threats to a Titan gun, and often a particular gun was unable to engage the threat to his life. It was just frustrating.
                    i guess it makes sence when u think about it:

gunner doesnt die when gun explodes person who blew it up gets attack score (gunner repairs and starts attacking again)

gunner dies due to console exploding person who blew it up gets 1 attack score + 1 kill = no gunners and when there is everyone spends there time blowing the F%&$ out of the guns

all in all i guess the way titans are atm are good (although i still get angry at titan gun spammers) but there are easy ways to deal with them, pilum. aa. gunship.

if the console explodes killing the gunner people are gna do the reverse and spamm the ground with the idea of blowing Titan guns up

which would mess everything up imo

Comment

i got the answer!

-they respawn like the rorsch (like 1-2 minutes wait)
                      -no repairs (repairs dont even make sence, the guns on the bottom not the console)
                      -no point what so ever for the gunner

Comment

What does it matter if he cant be killed? You can remove his weapon.
                        Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of First Person Shooters! Since this is clearly your first time here, let me explain the basics. You might have noticed the word "Shooter" in there... what's that mean, you ask? Well, in this type of game, one group of players or "team" tries to kill (often by "shooting" them, hence the name) the other group ("team"). As you can see, not being able to kill a given player when he can kill you might be perceived as a problem.

This has nothing to do with a K/D ratio, but so what if it did? Why should we care about the K/D ratio? Right, why should we care about the score in a game. What was I thinking. Who's lying to themselves again?

Comment

^^^ amen

Comment

Originally posted by Ekonon View Post
                            Hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of First Person Shooters! Since this is clearly your first time here, let me explain the basics. You might have noticed the word "Shooter" in there... what's that mean, you ask? Well, in this type of game, one group of players or "team" tries to kill (often by "shooting" them, hence the name) the other group ("team"). As you can see, not being able to kill a given player when he can kill you might be perceived as a problem.
                            First off, I have been playing shooters since I was 3. Yay. On topic though, don't take it up with me. DICE designed the game. If people want to sit in Titan guns all day, let them. Frankly, I find it boring. However, I almost always run around with vehicles (usually a tank/APC) and have no problem whatsoever with people getting kills but not dying. So what if they cant die? I can take out the guns. Doesnt matter now, because they cant shoot. So what is there to ***** about?

Comment

First off, I have been playing shooters since I was 3. Yay. On topic though, don't take it up with me. DICE designed the game. If people want to sit in Titan guns all day, let them. Frankly, I find it boring. However, I almost always run around with vehicles (usually a tank/APC) and have no problem whatsoever with people getting kills but not dying. So what if they cant die? I can take out the guns. Doesnt matter now, because they cant shoot. So what is there to ***** about?

Honestly I think you almost seem to be purposely missing the point.
                              The simple fact is that the gunners in a Titan are unable to be killed and this is by any definition unbalanced.

If anyone rolls around in a tank and kills people they are still vulnerable to getting their posterior handed to them by either a well placed Pilum or a TV guided missile. They get hit, they die. In a titan they get their gun destroyed and there is no repercussion.

Personally I think that the idea of a gunner taking some damage, around the 25-35 points range, is a brilliant idea. The effect of the gunners console blowing up is already there so surely it wouldn't take much more to knock off a few health points. This still leaved the titan guns as a very effective weapon but also means that the gunners are less able to 'stat pad' and lets be fair, it is tantamount to it.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Fish on this one.

Comment

If youd let gunner take a hp hit, youd see some happy statpadding medics about.
                                Just make it so the guns take longer to repair, much as with the deployable sentry gun which has a lot of hp, fairly easy to destroy, yet takes ages to repair. If you pop a titan gun, you can expect it to pop up again in a second due to repair hogger standing by 24/7.
                                Or you could decrease the rate of fire, or decrease the turret rotation speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X