X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Reality New Procedure For Server Code

Originally posted by Riktar View Post
    Wow, I didn't know the devs of such a popular mod could be so narrow-minded and fascist.
    you may think cos I work for PR that I dont play any other game atall, but I do play Sci-fi games and arcade games quite abit. At the moment I am quite into Supreme Commander that is in no way realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
      you may think cos I work for PR that I dont play any other game atall, but I do play Sci-fi games and arcade games quite abit. At the moment I am quite into Supreme Commander that is in no way realistic
      Yeah, I am looking forward to Crysis and play Halo:CE but I love PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed View Post
        Yeah but sooner or later you need to attack something dont yeah think? Especially if you are the attacking team on a map. Long spawn times do nothing except make people not attack and camp. Sorry but i dont find that realistic. In real war sometimes your ordered to your death as a diversion for example. When you're ordered to attack, you do even if it gets you killed.
        Same goes for real war. The point is you do not throw your life away meaninglessly if you can avoid it.

Comment

In real war sometimes your ordered to your death as a diversion for example. When you're ordered to attack, you do even if it gets you killed.

Trying not to die is some what second nature dont you think? I have yet to see guys running around saying shoot me?

Comment

In real war sometimes your ordered to your death as a diversion for example. When you're ordered to attack, you do even if it gets you killed.
            again, being ordered to charge a front line is very different from something like taking cover instead of jumping out and bunny hopping.

If we wanted to make the game really realistic we should really put a virus in the mod, and when you get shot and killed it destroys your PC

Comment

But when its your decision you don't run in the open and jump. Following an order has NOTHING to do with not using cover and tactics.

Comment

so add a stamina function to jumping, then

I fail to see how long spawn times stop bunnyhopping?

Comment

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed
                  Jesus dude it has NOTHING TO DO WITH JUMPING. We already have it so you can't jump as high PLUS it takes away tons of stamina. I rarely EVER see bunnyhopping in PR. Its seems like you haven't played PR since its first release. He is using it as an arcade example, something you might see in vBF2. Use stealth, use concealment, use cover, flank the enemy, use other tactics, don't bunch up, don't engage unless you are in a better position, etc. There are a million aspects to it.

Comment

And im telling you that long spawn time dont make me want to die less, i dont want to die at all and it pisses me off when i do, even once.

Long spawn times just = less play time period!

Comment

• Re: Project Reality New Procedure For Server Code

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed

I fail to see how long spawn times stop bunnyhopping?
                      we have added a stamina bit to jumping.

watch videos of PR and tell me how many times you see someone bunny hop, then watch a video of vBF2 and tell me how many times you see someone bunny hop?

the fact is bunny hopping dose not happen atall often in PR, and if someone dose its because they are strait from vBF2 and still need to adjust to the PR way, and they get killed cos of bunny hopping.

so something we are doing must be right

I can not be asked to go on and on all night with you about what each feature of our mod is and why we have done it. Like it or lump it to be frank.

Comment

And im telling you that long spawn time dont make me want to die less, i dont want to die at all and it pisses me off when i do, even once.

Long spawn times just = less play time period!
                        I played for 3 hours yesterday and died 10 times. TEN times. Thats half a minute times ten. Five minutes out of three hours.

Maybe long spawn times don't directly effect you, but they OBVIOUSLY effected the players as a whole.

Comment

Well if i play PR it will be on the modded servers, because i come to play, not watch a clock.

TBH spawn times have been adjustable since i started gaming (in every other game on the planet with respawning). So i find it rediculous that you would insist every server have long spawn times.

The server rule, "if you dont like the rules dont play there" seems to work just fine. So play on servers with the long spawn times if thats what you want.

Comment

Well if i play PR it will be on the modded servers, because i come to play, not watch a clock.
                            The DEV's obviously don't make the mod for someone as impatient as you then. You see, the long spawn time also sort of filters out impatient ones.

Comment

I don't see how our little 64 player server with a set of tweaks weakens your PR community, especially as in .05 we properly named it with server name and messages. There are lots of fun aspects to this mod. There are others that are in our opinion are distinctly not fun. We just want to run our ssms. I don't see how it got so over the top.

Comment

Sorry but the devs dont have rights over spawn times on servers imo

thats been the precedent since the start of online gaming im afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X