• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Reality New Procedure For Server Code

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
    ARMA

:salute: :salute: :salute:
    Which is why we have PR players that also play ArmA. Most prefer PR though.

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
    1. Stop giving out server files. (problem solved)
    Or, you could be smarter than you and do what PR is doing.

2. How would you know what is militarily realistic or not? You are still a child. Let me say it one more time....NOTHING in PR is realistic, not even remotely.
    Most of it is common sense. Also, like I said you are contradicting thousands of players at the PR community. Them > you. I can't help you if you didn't play well on PR.

If you honestly think that nothing about PR is realistic at least compared to vBF2 then I have trouble believing your involvement in the military. At PR we have many members in the military who say just the opposite of you.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
      ARMA

:salute: :salute: :salute:
      You arent suggesting certain games are made to be sold into the military are you?

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws
        I'll be more than happy to school any of your thousands...which brings me to another point...if you have thousands of military folks in your PR community, then why are there problems getting pure PR servers populated?
        No no no, I meant thousands of total members. I am not sure how many military there are that play PR, I just know there are many players/DEV's both active and retired. The servers aren't having trouble. Hence PR being the most popular released.

I don't even see 300 people playing your mod right now....but you go find these thousands of military folk and direct them to this link....PLEASE!!!!
        The community is split right now. Some playing the beta, some playing the last release. God, what did I ever do to you? Why do you act like this so much? You are so damn arrogant. I hope you are not like this in real life. After you said that no game is realistic you made me feel better though, because now I know you are treating real life and games in the same category and comparing them. No wodner you think nothing is realistic.

Comment

for thous of you who are going on the argument of "if the SSM are bad, no one will play on there server, if they good lots of ppl will play on it" that is kind of the point to why we are doing this.

The point of PR is not made for the masses. the point of PR is that its made for that small group of players that want, hard core tactical gaming. The reason for why we have limited kits, long flag cap times, long respawn times is to slow down gameplay to be more realistic. The hard core realism players love this kind of stuff, but the non-realism players who come to play the mod first time do not. I for 1 when I first played PR hated the mod out right, I could not stand stuff like the respawn times. It took me afew goes, and alot of nagging from my old clan mates to give PR another try, and when I played it as it was ment to be played, as a team, and accepting things like the spawn times it grew on me and before I knew it I loved that kind of gameplay as it brought so much more, for me as a player with working as a team etc.

The fact of PR is that you love it or you hate it. We make PR for the ppl who love it, and not hate it. Now with the long spawn times etc the normal players who would go back to vBF2 or w/e after playing it and deciding it was not for them etc, which is fine, we respect what they like game play wise. But with the SSM alot of the players that would go, would stay, and alot of the players who would stay, went because of the SSM servers. Our overall mod population grew with these servers yes, we know about that BUT, at the same time we lost alot of the player base that we made PR for, which to us was a big blow.

The fact is these SSM hurt the mod more than they do for it, with our design plan of our mod, making it for hard core realism players. As alot of these SSM server admins did not want to come to a agreement, like have there server passworded with keeping there password on the forums we are going to have to do this to keep the mod and the community in good health.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. bzb View Post
            You arent suggesting certain games are made to be sold into the military are you?
            not sure what you mean. he asked what other games provides realism and i said ARMA, its a game.

i suppose you could also chalk the new insurgency mod for HL2 under that section also.

Comment

I understand the position of the PR community. I do. No doubt it is a difficult thing to deal with, when your work has been changed without your consent.

However...

I think that your reaction to this is completely over the top. You have effectively railed at a huge number of people who actually took the time to look up your mod. You claim that less than 5% of the people playing BF2 mods play yours, and apparently less than 2.5% of those are playing the actual game. Spectacularly, you claim that this is in the interest of keeping your community from fracturing.

It sounds like your community wasn't really there to begin with.

I think it's great that you want to protect the integrity of your mod. But the whining and moaning over the fact that not everyone who plays is playing your dream version of the game is frankly sad and is a disappointing reaction. Instead of just trying to work out a system where SSM'd servers could be identified and true PR servers promoted, you instead effectively screamed at more than half your community for not getting with your carefully prepared program.

This is like yelling at two year olds for soiling their diapers instead of using the toilet.

The maturity of your realism-obsessed dev team has suffered a significant blow. Considering that thanks to the EA licensing agreement you don't even own the mod you created, this is an extremely foolish method by which to throw away your credibility as a group of serious mod developers. Do you realize that now, whenever any of you mention working on this mod to a potential employer, they will look it up and see that you threw away more than half your user base out of petty spite?

I hope that in the future, your work on PR will tone down the elitism and play up a great mod that people can enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                not sure what you mean. he asked what other games provides realism and i said ARMA, its a game.
                and for what purpose was OFP/Arma made, to simulate or to be a game....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                  The point of PR is not made for the masses. the point of PR is that its made for that small group of players that want, hard core tactical gaming.
                  Why exactly did you publicly release it then? So much for keeping it to the "small group of players" when we all clearly know that alot of people play BF2 and its mods.

At least be consistent with what you are trying to do here. Are they trying to call their version of PR their own? I could understand your argument if they were doing that. But if they clearly give credit to the mod to you and they do some small tweaks here and there while still giving due credit, then your reasoning is not warranted towards those people.

You all act like people only play this for the gameplay. Some people like the content/maps/small things you have outside of this. Which is problably why some people did tweaks. They liked the content but didn't favor the gameplay as hardcore-ish.

If you are going to password modded servers, it should only be limited to those who try and pass off their modded version as their own without due credit. But to sit here and force customers who pay out of their pocket to use a server just as you pay out of your pockets to make this mod (I assume), to have to password their server so the public can't play anymore or have to force themselves to search all over a website to find a password that problably is posted in some hidden location is just not a sensible call on your part.

"Small group of players", well then password the 'pure' servers and label them as such. If these "small group of players" want pure action so badly, make them register on your forums to get the password. I'd say that should be proof enough they want to play the way you want them to play.

I mean you might as well password all servers, both pure and not, go ahead and make trouble for everyone, because thats what you seem to want to do.

Comment

we publicly releases to attract more hard core realism players, not to attract the other kind.

and very, very few players play BF2 mods, do your research, its around 5%, where as BF1942 at one point i think it was 55% of players was playing mods.

and yes, the gameplay is the core of our mod, while yes I am lead mapper etc maps, content and weapons all make up for the game play overall. the maps are designed to focuses on more realistic gameplay, and so are our content/weapons/features. They all add up and are made for the gameplay in the long run. The reason why at the moment PR is the most popular BF2 mod is because of its gameplay, no dout about it.

Comment

Ive read all the posts and the CDU guys clearly state they had messages saying its a modded server, and will have in the future. So i dont see how this is fooling any players into thinking its regular PR, unless your claiming they must be blind or cant read.

Imo ssm is fine as long as it says so in the server name, people are choosing to play the modded game then.

Comment

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed View Post
                        Ive read all the posts and the CDU guys clearly state they had messages saying its a modded server, and will have in the future. So i dont see how this is fooling any players into thinking its regular PR, unless your claiming they must be blind or cant read.

Imo ssm is fine as long as it says so in the server name, people are choosing to play the modded game then.
                        are you sure you read all the posts, 1 good example of what we mean.

Originally posted by Colfax
                        I for one fell for your heavily modded server in the beginning. Your server was populated when i first came at the beginning of 0.5. As a new player i had no idea what PR was about. I was trying to learn all the new stuff and did not notice any messages of it being heavily modded. I for one hated it. The low spawn crap was ridiculous and just about turned me off from PR all together because it was no different the vanilla. Until i found TG and learned how to play properly.

So as a duped player i would say keep your server away from the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                          The point of PR is not made for the masses. the point of PR is that its made for that small group of players that want, hard core tactical gaming.
                          I'm confused, eggman says that he wants to grow the community and you are saying that it's made for a small group of people.

Again, if it's not made for the masses, then stop giving out public server files in mass. Problem solved completely.

Love your maps Rhino.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
                            I'm confused, eggman says that he wants to grow the community and you are saying that it's made for a small group of people.

Again, if it's not made for the masses, then stop giving out public server files in mass. Problem solved completely.

Love your maps Rhino.
                            yes we do want the mod to grow, every mod wants that. But we want our mod to grow with more realism orientated players which to be honest is something very hard to find in the BF2 community as BF2 puts thous kind of players off in the first place
                            but its also about "converting" ppl into the new gameplay, like I was, and it would be very hard to go back after seeing how much better games I've had on PR as I have had on vBF2.

The people are out there, we just need to reach them. every new release we see a growth in more realism orientated players, and with v0.6 I will bet you £50 that after 1 month after v0.6 release, our average player count will be still loads more than v0.5, around over 100 or 200 players more average, if not more.

and cheers

Comment

I understand that you want people to clearly know they are on a modded server, and i agree with that. But if they had (MODDED) in the server name, then this guy didnt see it and thats his fault.

P.S I also see nothing realistic about long spawn times, and im the biggest lover of realism there is, as far as realistic damage modeling and so on. I hate nerfed weapons that wont kill. But long spawn times are just annoying, nothing more.

So as a realism player that you say you're trying to get, lower your spawn times and ill think about playing. Because thats what i want to do PLAY, not watch a clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed View Post
                                I understand that you want people to clearly know they are on a modded server, and i agree with that. But if they had (MODDED) in the server name, then this guy didnt see it and thats his fault.
                                when players look for servers to play on, 80% of players look for players in the server, how many slots are free, what the ping of the server is and where is the join button for it

It also didnt have "MODDED" in the title, it had "SSM" which most people do not know what that means. for a fact I did not know SSM standed for Server Side Mods until afew months ago

unless you are going to have a pop up window spring up, with an alaram and a red flashing light when someone joins the server saying "this server has mods on it that will take away from the main PR exsperance and if this is your first time playing you should not play on this server" when you click the join button people will play on it without knowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X