This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Reality New Procedure For Server Code

I wont, ill play on the modded server because i dont like..

My whole point here is i tried it, i didnt like it, but tbh i really want to try the modded server. So im for it, and i really dont see any legal recoarse to stop modded servers.

Comment

shame that a mod is bandying about the " lawful means" threat. thought we, as a community, were better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Real-BadSeed View Post
        sorry dude but you have no rights over server spawn times good luck on that..
        I don't know what gives you that impression? Have you ever read the EULA and guidelines for ranked BF2 servers?

Spawn timers in PR are an integral part of the overall and faction specific design. We have event triggers within the mod that can set your spawn times to as much as FIVE minutes. And that's intended to penalise specific behaviours, as but one element in our overall design. If people go altering that, it can have dramatic impacts on the design, so we don't want people altering those settings which our mod does not leave up to the server admin, we set them within the mod itself.

btw eggman i find your attitude toward other players and some of your terms offensive.
        Sorry about that. Can you give me a more clear reference to what you are referring to?

@ jilted: sorry, mistook DPs sentiments as representative of PoE's perspectives on it.

Comment

Alright, I don't give a flying f*ck if they want "pure" servers. Their mod, you choose whether to put it on your box or not.

But:

Server applicants must be 18 years and over

BEST. RULE. EVER.

Seriously, they should have done this with BF2 ranked servers.

Comment

Your referal to other players as lemmings and noob-tubers i find offensive.

Spawn timers in PR are an integral part of the overall and faction specific design. We have event triggers within the mod that can set your spawn times to as much as FIVE minutes. And that's intended to penalise specific behaviours, as but one element in our overall design. If people go altering that, it can have dramatic impacts on the design, so we don't want people altering those settings which our mod does not leave up to the server admin, we set them within the mod itself.
            Everyone understands that, but why cant people who want to play it different play on a modded server? Especially if it says Modded in the name. Most players have been playing battlefield here since 42, they know what modded servers are.

Comment

Read my post above about the impacts our experience with modded PR v0.5 servers had on the mod, the quality of game play and the community. That is why we don't want servers modded.

Comment

Then dont play on the modded servers, believe me the people playing arent going to play on the pure ones. So what is the big deal, ill tell you i wont be playing PR with those long spawn times. I havent even played the modded server yet but i really want to because what i hated about your mod, the showstopper was long 30 second spawn times.

Im sorry you feel that other people who want a faster game is somehow ruining the quality of your community...

Comment

Then dont play on the modded servers, believe me the people playing arent going to play on the pure ones. So what is the big deal, ill tell you i wont be playing PR with those long spawn times. I havent even played the modded server yet but i really want to because what i hated about your mod, the showstopper was long 30 second spawn times.

Im sorry you feel that other people who want a faster game is somehow ruining the quality of your community...
                  Like I have said in my posts before, PR is for "Hardcore Realism" players, you are what I would maybe count as a "Realism" player. When we say hard core, we mean spending 1hrs + on just 1 round, the other day egg here played a round that lasted for 5hrs. we are not going to dumb down the mod for the other players, nor do we want servers doing it for us.

also there is a PR server that is still up with SSM, that states no where on its server at all that it has SSMs. Its the Muttrah City 24/7 server, please tell me where you can see server side mods started. infact it states it runs the PR mod, making it looks like its the real pr.

if you look at the spawn time its 16secs.

again, its not about the fact that servers are not stating they are modded or not (but that is proof that some do not), its about them being modded is the fact of the matter and destroying our gameplay for the hard core players.

Comment

But no "hardcore" players are playing on these servers, or are you saying they are? I dont understand how non-hardcores playing on a modded server impacts your mod.

Edit; I fully agree that you demand they say modded in their name and have lots of ingame messages, thats just respect. But trying to disallow mods altogether is over the top..

Comment

But no "hardcore" players are playing on these servers, or are you saying they are? I dont understand how non-hardcores playing on a modded server impacts your mod.

Edit; I fully agree that you demand they say modded in their name and have lots of ingame messages, thats just respect. But trying to disallow mods altogether is over the top..
                      hard core players do not play on these servers, thou new players do and we demand that they password there server, with the password on there site/forums if they are going to run SSM, but the server admins do not like that idea.

Comment

It's because if you give a new PR person a choice of a modded and unmodded server they will choose the modded everytime. They may never get weaned off the modded server and become a purest. Hence, the devs lose control of the community. Worse, it demonstrates that they believe said newbie is not smart enough to ever make the personal choice to put down the modded server crack pipe and better himself in a pure server. We are honest with PR... we like the modded crackpipe server. We're addicted and don't really care to better ourselves. We just want to play it our way.

It's already been stated that the impact of a passworded server is like saying don't play here.

Comment

Thats because its going to far, you know as well as they do that no players will go looking for passwords, get real.

demanding they say modded clearly and have ingame messages is reasonable, asking them to password themselves is not.

Comment

I really can not be asked to cover the same ground over and over and over... you guys do my head in....

Comment

No one has explained how modded servers with non-hardcore players is ruining the experience of hardcore players on another server?

Comment

Originally posted by =CDU=Jochen_Peip View Post
                                It's because if you give a new PR person a choice of a modded and unmodded server they will choose the modded everytime. They may never get weaned off the modded server and become a purest.
                                You know why? Because getting used to PR takes time, patience, and willingness. You never seem to take what I said earlier into account.

So as you can see, there is almost always a process that players go through to like the mod. They try it, don't like it, then keep trying and eventually understand what they must do and change their playing style to fit the game. When you have a modded server, it eliminates that process. It takes away from the true mod which they would get used to and love. Instead of going through this process, they just give it up and join one of the modded servers.

As I stated, I used to suck at PR and I disliked it. I practically hated it. However, I gave it time, and I eventually got used to it. I got so used to it that I hate short spawn servers now. I got so used to it that I now know that I am damn glad there were no modded servers when I just began playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X