Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Originally posted by Lazza66
    Well, maybe. But don't you think simply altering the vehicle layout of the current maps with no other changes is a little lame for a new game mode?

Well, no, not really. The knife / revive exploit on a 24/7 Karkand differs from the proposed 24/7 Karkand IO by only a few degrees.

In vanilla everyone is on an equal footing. We all get to choose a kit, and a spawn, we all have the same choices available, i.e. "equal footing".

Just because Karkand medics get pwned by armour and they're too lame to choose another kit, or respawn way back at their own armour doesn't mean the players somehow have unequal footing, what sanctimonious tripe.
    Correction you get pwnd as medic by armor. (dam bad stats you have)
    Also you can say everything, but I don't give **** I love infrantry and I will play IO rankend, and you can't stop me.

and IO is few degrees of statspadding, nice to hear some LoL logic because didn't know that 388 clans where stats padding in your eyes also the normal
    clanbase ladder with 16 version is with 549 clans

as you can see Infrantry is widespreaded from the beginning with out Dice help or with help.
    same as in bf1942.

Comment

Clans play competitively in set rules. 5 vs 5 infantry. They also play UNRANKED, so your analogy is flawed.

As for equal terms of combat, Turnip... what makes it so different from K/P? In normal gameplay everyones in equal terms of combat. Its your own choice to choose your equipment, as everyone does.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        Clans play competitively in set rules. 5 vs 5 infantry. They also play UNRANKED, so your analogy is flawed.

As for equal terms of combat, Turnip... what makes it so different from K/P? In normal gameplay everyones in equal terms of combat. Its your own choice to choose your equipment, as everyone does.
        Yep competitvely and stats are not competively?

then how is my analogy flawd?
        bf1942 infrantry was widespreaded now as in bf2 but this time we get help from dice for rankend settings.

Comment

Originally posted by tom91
          I have CSS
          Yea Counterstrike is a very good IO game, alot more realistic when it comes to accuracy and kills aswell. i love it!

Comment

There is a limit to how many tanks and jets are on the map, I dont see how everyone could be on equal footing. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Retuner
              No. Stats are an intergated part of gameplay which opens unlocks. Stats are also the means to compete with all players playing in ranked servers and "stat padding" is a means to lift yourself in the overall ladder using "illegal" methods. BF2 vanilla, original game is a game where everyone faces multiple variants of threats. Quite simply, IO as ranked is legalized stat padding because you take away the threats that are higher on the food chain. Threats which many people still face. Gathering points in IO mode will become more simple with little risk.

then how is my analogy flawd?
              Clans play competitively in THEIR OWN ladders, which games by the way, unless you didnt know, are in unranked servers.

bf1942 infrantry was widespreaded now as in bf2 but this time we get help from dice for rankend settings.
              BF1942 didnt have a worldwide ranking ladder in which every player who plays/has played in ranked servers is essentially competing with each other.

Originally posted by Turnip
              There is a limit to how many tanks and jets are on the map, I dont see how everyone could be on equal footing. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.
              You always have a choice to take the tank, or at least wait for it. Limit or not, tanks and vehicles are accessible to everyone. Why else does BFROE oppose vehicle limitations in ranked servers?

Comment

Originally posted by panda.attack
                What I know about armor: It can be an asset and it can be abused.
                Bullcrap. Armor cannot be abused in any way shape or form (unless some wall glitch that I don't know about requires an APC..). Again if you're getting spawncamped by armor then SPAWN WITH AN AT KIT AND DEFEND YOURSELF! You know what the biggest problem with people like you is? You won't spawn as anti-tank because it'll slow your "point whoring" down. Yes it sucks that AT can't score points quickly and DICE should've fixed that long ago but really you're the person at fault and need to make a sacrafice for your team and pick a kit that isn't related to medic/support/claymore newbie. You won't get as many points but I guarantee that your team as a whole will be doing a hell of a lot better when 2 or 3 teammates join up with you work together and effectively cripple the enemies armor.

As for the last bit, I've never stat padded, nor do I plan on doing so
                Simply by the act of spending so much time on Karkand in my mind you have officially "stat padded". I know stat padding has many definitions but I consider playing nothing but the most horrible designed, high SPM map available qualifies as one of them. Give me another logical reason almost every single leaderboard player has Karkand as their most played map (often times taking up 95%+ of the total played time they have).

do ask that you keep in mind that not everyone who enjoys karkand is in it just for stats.
                You're right... and those people do not play on 24/7 Karkand. Sure they will Karkand when it pops up in the rotation but they won't whore it. You give me another reason why people might stay on one crap map for every second of their played time and I'll keep it in mind. A lot of people are of the opinion that Karkand is a horribly designed and unbalanced map and even the competitive clan players (especially) feel this way about Karkand. From the choke-points that make grenade killing easy, to the horrible spread of spawn points to the cappable enemy main base that is miles away from the real battle. I mean FFS Karkand is the only map where you can spawn, throw a grenade from your spawn location and kill a handful of enemies less than 10 seconds after the round starts. Again that kind of gameplay is impossible on any other map. Mashtuur is a far superior map to Karkand design wise and balance wise, hell even Sharqi is. They have no aircraft, even less armor that Karkand, are infantry centric, with short walking distances and yet they're only a fraction as popular as the "stat padders" map of choice. Why do you think that is? It's pretty simple really and the cheesey point farming tactics that only work on Karkand do not work nearly as well on any other map.

Comment

armor is a joke, the only thing scary in this game are these things..

1. Attack Helis when your Heli pilot sucks or you dont have a Heli..Helis in general pwn all infantry!
                  2. Bombers when your team has no fighter or your pilots suck.
                  3. a fighter pilot that can bomb amazingly and you have no pilot to take him out.
                  4. all your air assests are stolen or all your left with is a F-35 and they have all the assests even a J-10...

So basically the most feared thing sin Bf2 should be..MEC Heli when your USMC one isnt available or sucks...J-10 stopping your fighter from eliminating the PLA bomber or bombing its self really good..
                  Any armor can be countered with proper class picking in situations, knowledge of maps, knowing when to evade, knowing were available armor is.
                  BTW 1 jihad death is a Kill for you, a split second death for a tank, and helps your team a TON. Instead of yelling "armor whore" jihad that fool 25 times in a row and giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                    armor is a joke, the only thing scary in this game are these things..

1. Attack Helis when your Heli pilot sucks or you dont have a Heli..Helis in general pwn all infantry!
                    2. Bombers when your team has no fighter or your pilots suck.
                    3. a fighter pilot that can bomb amazingly and you have no pilot to take him out.
                    4. all your air assests are stolen or all your left with is a F-35 and they have all the assests even a J-10...

So basically the most feared thing sin Bf2 should be..MEC Heli when your USMC one isnt available or sucks...J-10 stopping your fighter from eliminating the PLA bomber or bombing its self really good..
                    Any armor can be countered with proper class picking in situations, knowledge of maps, knowing when to evade, knowing were available armor is.
                    BTW 1 jihad death is a Kill for you, a split second death for a tank, and helps your team a TON. Instead of yelling "armor whore" jihad that fool 25 times in a row and giggle.
                    Exactly.

Your team suffers from the moment when you wont give a sh!t about your team while commanding a important vehicle. Your team suffers when your team is outskilled... And in most cases, its all purely subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                      Agreed and you know I'd *almost* support an "alternate vehicles" mode where just aircaft and attack helicopters are remove and replaced with an extra tank or APC. That does not include removing artillery.

DICE can't fix S2A, A2A and the J-10 so I personally don't blame infantry for not liking those type of things on some maps (S2A works fine for me against 99% of pilots but I know versus a pilot like me it's useless). I don't have a problem dying to jets when I play as infantry either but I know many less experienced players do. That would make maps like Wake 2007/Dalian Plant more playable and enjoyable for certain players without making statistics easier to gain and I can appreciate that noble totivation.

The thing about removing jets and helicopters from the gameplay though is it wouldn't make gaining statistics that much easier for infantry and counters to the medics and support classes (campers) would still exist. Those counters of course being EVERYTHING THAT DICE IS ALLOWING PLAYERS TO REMOVE WITH THE UPCOMING IO MODE! WTF DICE!

However removing ARTILLERY, the HUMMER, the VODNIK, the TANK, the TRANSPORT HELICOPTER and the APC from ANY map is RIDICULOUS! When teams lose these vehicles maps completely lose anything resembling balance. The above vehicles are absolutely critical when promoting fair/balanced play and shouldn't be removed under any circumstances.

IO mode in its current form should have a reduction in points where no single action is worth more than a single point. A revive should be a single point, a kill should be a single point and so on. That's the only way to balance out the current IO point flow to put it in line with vanilla BF2 (thus making it unpopular). Either that or have a completely different ranked server database for players who spend time on IO mode. That'd be sure to keep all of those high-ranking stat padders off those newbie servers as well.

Comment

Correction you get pwnd as medic by armor. (dam bad stats you have)
                        Also you can say everything, but I don't give **** I love infrantry and I will play IO rankend, and you can't stop me.

and IO is few degrees of statspadding, nice to hear some LoL logic because didn't know that 388 clans where stats padding in your eyes also the normal
                        clanbase ladder with 16 version is with 549 clans

as you can see Infrantry is widespreaded from the beginning with out Dice help or with help.
                        same as in bf1942.
                        Well my stats could be the most pathetic on the global list for all I care. At least I'll sleep well in the knowledge that my use of language is coherent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          No. Stats are an intergated part of gameplay which opens unlocks. Stats are also the means to compete with all players playing in ranked servers and "stat padding" is a means to lift yourself in the overall ladder using "illegal" methods. BF2 vanilla, original game is a game where everyone faces multiple variants of threats. Quite simply, IO as ranked is legalized stat padding because you take away the threats that are higher on the food chain. Threats which many people still face. Gathering points in IO mode will become more simple with little risk.

You have your answear.

IO gamemod and if you can't accept it, then I just laugh :laugh:

Well my stats could be the most pathetic on the global list for all I care. At least I'll sleep well in the knowledge that my use of language is coherent.
                          bravo for you.

nothing less IO is comming hahah :laugh:

Comment

The stats were never intended to be as "in your face" as they have become. DICE only expected rank to matter, and then only in choice of commander. It's the players who have made such a big deal about stats, those much like yourself. And now we are getting a cut down version of the game to appease their desire to whore.

You have your answear.

IO gamemod and if you can't accept it, then I just laugh :laugh:

bravo for you.

nothing less IO is comming hahah :laugh:
                            Humour me, pm me your player id, put your stats where your nonsensically babbling mouth is.

Comment

The stats were never intended to be as "in your face" as they have become. DICE only expected rank to matter, and then only in choice of commander. It's the players who have made such a big deal about stats, those much like yourself. And now we are getting a cut down version of the game to appease their desire to whore.

Humour me, pm me your player id, put your stats where your nonsensically babbling mouth is.
                              Yea many people like me don't have problems with IO mod
                              you have, and I don't give a **** about.

sure

http://bf2s.com/player/68062585/

Originally posted by PlaneWhore

However removing ARTILLERY, the HUMMER, the VODNIK, the TANK, the TRANSPORT HELICOPTER and the APC from ANY map is RIDICULOUS! When teams lose these vehicles maps completely lose anything resembling balance. The above vehicles are absolutely critical when promoting fair/balanced play and shouldn't be removed under any circumstances.
                              your opinion and Dice don't agree.:laugh:
                              isn't that slap in your face.

it's game remeber and games are for fun and if people like to whore because it's fun.
                              then you have problem.

Comment

Returner, youre delusional. DICE intended the stats to be used to create an overall ladder. Now if some people aqcuire the stats in conventional means, and others in another shape and form of gameplay, shouldnt the newer/changed form be independant, or possibly non-ranked?

Do you honestly think that stats of a medic playing 24/7 Karkand IO are aqcuired in the same standards as one playing 24/7 Karkand vanilla? No.

And while I dont think stats are important, cheating the system is still cheating. And DICE just made it a "legalized" cheating. Youre kidding noone here, you support stat padding, not "balanced gameplay".

EDIT: Im willing to go as far as to say that IO stats are worth no more than K/P stats. And everyone who has ever looked upon K/P stats/players with an odd look, yet are supporting are in denial.

And Returner, what mod(e)? Do you think that stats aqcuired in playing another mode, which is completely different than the one you played since 2005 should weight the same? Be in the same ladder? This is a whole different game.

Comment

Working...
                                X