Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Originally posted by pYura
    PlaneWhore why do you care so much about other players' stats? You can fly no matter if the IO is going to be ranked or not.
    This has nothing to do with me flying airplanes. I spend very little time nowadays as an aviator. Most of my time is spent as *gasp!* infantry and armor. My favorite server and the only server I play on currently is 24/7 StrafeRight City Maps. So really bringing out the "planewhore" argument isn't very viable when debating me.

If you want my expansive list of reasoning as to why IO mode is a "bad" thing and effects everyones gameplay experience (regardless if they play IO or not) then feel free to view my post history. I'm not going to bother rehashing old worn out points just because you're too lazy to use the search function.

Comment

i have played a couple of servers wher the rules have been set to no armour apc or vehicles, and i went along with it, and had some great fun, great gaming, opposite to PKMs experiences in that instance, there was a good focus on little squads pushing forward, and capping, normal kind of stratgies i guess, just without a bloody big tank or lav blasting you into the air. i really enjoyed, all i can think is that it must vary in how ppl play it.

adam

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
        i have played a couple of servers wher the rules have been set to no armour apc or vehicles, and i went along with it, and had some great fun, great gaming, opposite to PKMs experiences in that instance, there was a good focus on little squads pushing forward, and capping, normal kind of stratgies i guess, just without a bloody big tank or lav blasting you into the air. i really enjoyed, all i can think is that it must vary in how ppl play it.

adam
        Well with those rules it'll be unranked then. Wait till the karkand point whores arrive on ranked IO for the spamfest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
          Well with those rules it'll be unranked then. Wait till the karkand point whores arrive on ranked IO for the spamfest.
          it was ranked, i dont allow unranked servers to be returned in search filters.

adam

Comment

Originally posted by Mekstizzle
            Statpadder mode. Oh well the mods are coming out soon :yay:
            Not soon enough. I fear that once Forgotten Hope comes out we will see a spike for about a week then everyone will go back to the regular becuase they all want the stats. Then those of us that want to play the mods and don't care about the stats will get tierd of the 5-5 or 10-10 rounds and go back too.

I can't wait for FH but I worry that it won't last.:cry:

Comment

IMO Karkand is best played IO, i do however think that you should at least be able to use Jeeps/Buggies (running everywhere can get frustrating and jeeps are great for transporting, capping waypoints as a team). I dont see the problem, there are people that like IO and people that dont, if you dont like it, dont play on that server.

Comment

IO is like the special olympics, only a "select few" appreciate it.

Comment

2 things..
                  32 man Kark is super easy since there is 1 tank for the MEC and 1 APC 1 Tank for US..best IO/Vanilla choice there is..super easy to take armor out, unless your a moron that spawns Medic every time saying to your self "best gun, self heals, revive points, easy mode!! thats for me!!11"

In fact I wanna be completely honest..
                  Ive spent the last 10 years playing MMORPG's..I saw Bf2 at Wal-mart and said "meh time for a FPS"...
                  My first 3 months of BF2 (first 3 months of launch) I cried for IO, I posted on forums spreading vehicle hate, I played sniper just cause I was so scared to be in the "mix".

Then I learned how to play...

Rule #1 in BF2 that if you cant master its best to quit now..YOU MUST LEARN TO FLY/DRIVE/GUN every vehicle in BF2 "EFFECTIVELY".
                  Thats the beauty of BF2, and if you cant do those things it seems best to move onto a different game..I can use so much equipment, then when I have to bail or eject I can use my gun or explosives.

Im sorry but for some reason it seems some of you would be happy with the whole IO basic FPS style game were you spawn and run around an inclosed map thats like a maze runnining into each other having a 5 sec. fire fight then the winner off and runnin around the maze for a new target.
                  I have a copy of Golden Eye for the N64 Ill sell cheap if thats the case.

The back of my Bf2 game says "unleash the destructive fury of a modern arsenal as the USMC, Chinese PLA, and MEC with 30 vehicles and 20 Soldier kits".
                  Should it have said "Unleash explsoives and Med/Support packs as the USMC and MEC with no vehicles and 3 kits in a arena based frag fest"

Alot of you are skilled with movie making...
                  Could someone throw together a movie as an example of IO ranked pls. I spent the last 2 days stopping in a few IO servers that are ranked to see if what I saw was a fluke or not...ashame tho every IO I saw was just a bunch of people throwing nades, dropping claymores and never advancing past the first flag. Oh course theres always the one squad that I join that plays alone and takes the flag as the other 60 people battle for control of the fence.

Comment

I don't think IO will be too bad, I played a bit of it and while I had a few fun rounds, it can get annoying. I seemed to run into more dolphin divers and bunnyhoppers than usual, but I felt it a fairer battle as no players on the field were hiding behind plate steel. Everyone could take each other out, no matter what kit you are using, and you did not have to resort to TOWs, although the OP is right, grenades seem to be over used.

I can't see me playing this all the time, just for change, and I'm sure most other players will feel the same way. When you hear the rumble of a tank or apc inbound when on foot, it gives you the fear, something that will be missed as it creates great atmosphere. Maybe there should have been more work done on balancing issues, i.e. more points for an infantry kill than when using armour or air support, but it's not very practical, and definitely not going to happen!

I would rather have seen a few new maps added to vanilla in an urban setting (US location would have been nice) with transport helos/jeeps and perhaps some sort of armoured trucks (maybe with a mounted .50) or civ cars. I'm sure this would have been easier and not divided the community as much as IO mode.

Comment

• Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

one word , waib , but dont think u noobs know what that is anyway.

Comment

According to Google:

Western Aerosol Information Bureau
                        Women in the Academy of International Business
                        Women Active In Buddhism

Hmmm...I'm going to go with number three. Do I win a prize if I guess right?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Watch As I Bake?

Comment

I'll play IO to see how the apc/tank spawnkillers adapt... or do without. I rarely see the armor being put to good use anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                              My first 3 months of BF2 (first 3 months of launch) I cried for IO, I posted on forums spreading vehicle hate, I played sniper just cause I was so scared to be in the "mix".

Then I learned how to play...
                              Haha it's funny because it's true. Once you "learn how to play" vehicles are just another part of the game is neither underpowered or overpowered. Like I've said before when I play as a medic I'm rarely killed by any kind of vehicles because I know how to avoid them. When I want to kill them I'll kill them and when I want to drive them I drive them. Don't get me wrong though because the vehicles are anything but useless and they keep the masses of less experienced players in check and provide a great distraction that allows me to advance toward the closest enemy flag. It all comes down to gameplay experience and skill. The experienced and skilled players have no problems with vehicles and the newbies and stat whores do for entirely different reasons neither of which is valid. The only vehicle that I do agree is overpowered though is the J-10 but it's rare to get a pilot in a J-10 that's good enough to really rape the heck out of your team and you can just avoid the handful of J-10 maps to begin with till DICE balances that $hit and it's problem solved.

Originally posted by panda.attack
                              I'll play IO to see how the apc/tank spawnkillers adapt... or do without. I rarely see the armor being put to good use anyway.
                              You're not fooling anybody panda. We all know why you're going to play IO - and it isn't to see how the armor spawnkillers adapt. Funny you should mention that you believe that armor "spawnkilling" is armor that isn't being put to good use. In fact that is the primary goal of armored vehicles - to suppress an enemies spawn location and allow the your teams infantry to move up and cap the flag with as little resistance as possible. Just another example of a whiney newbie who can't adapt and finds the most basic tactics (which are easy to counter) "improper".

Comment

Originally posted by BFROE|OFC|Dan
                                6 man squad, 4 AT guys, 1 Support guy 1 Medic will kill tanks. 4 rockets into one tank/APC, it dont stand a chance 9/10.

But then this needs teamwork, something that dont happen to much in BF2 :cry:
                                Word, I've never seen that level of teamwork in a public server..

Comment

Working...
                                X