• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Originally posted by Retuner
    ohh right

advcating IO mode hmm, maby because just dam like the infrantry
    Bullsh!t. Who says you cant play infantry in REGULAR game?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      And I still laugh when people bring the "this will separate boys from men" comments while advocating IO :laugh:
      Hmm i hope returner didnt say that ive seen him playing normal mode on kubra dam.

Comment

Hey Chris I think you'll get a kick out of this. In another thread where the IO debating is happening (I found it by chance) I had another exchange with Returner.

To set this up I told Returner that playing for points is a sad way to play.

To which he responded.. and I quote:

mvery much ********... don't dictate that your playstyle is the way to be played.
        To which I responded:

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
        Can you think of better reason then the reasons I play for? Fun and competition. Sorry but "points" isn't a valid playstyle.
        To which Returner finally responded:

points=stats sorry ahah is valid reason for me.
        I guess that's what happens when old PW backs you in to a corner.

Yes folks... it's nothing short of a miracle. Our first infantrywhore admitting that the reason he wants to play IO mode - is more points! Finally one of these worthless little buggers admits what we already know! LOL. :laugh:

Comment

Yeah, I saw that one, made me grin.

In the long run weve already lost, face it. IO will be ranked and unfortunately its because of pure business. DICE/EA doesnt want to shut down stat-padding servers and instead introduces IO as a legitimate game-mode so they wont have to worry about regulating them... Cant blame them either.

I just wish people would dump that stupid "I love infantry aspect of the game" excuse while advocating IO [Infantry Only] mode... Its not like they cant play infantry in BF2 even now. Good players prevail, everywhere, any time. If peopel think they suck because of tanks and jets, IO will bring them back to the ground anyway...

I mean, I love jet aspect, yet I dont cry for a "jet only" game. Wake Airshow as a non-ranked map is sufficient enough for me.

Comment

in short you typed before:

Originally posted by PlaneWhore

Any sane person who hasn't be corrupted by MMORPG style points/rank treadmill would be. It's sad that so few players value fun over meaningless numbers. That's especially sad when in the quest to get BIGGER numbers the stat whores negatively impact the game for all the normal players just trying to have fun and play the game they paid for. I didn't buy Counterstrike, I bought Battlefield 2... modern war arcade FPS shooter with vehicles. WTF did these people expect when they bought this game anyways?

And don't worry you'll be the first person I notify when the video is ready because I enjoy entertaining fellow enlightened thinkers and noble gamers but I don't think you'll have any trouble finding it because I'm going to plaster that D/L link over every forum on the net.
            my response
            mvery much ********... don't dictate that your playstyle is the way to be played.
            the post can be found people here

also the full type messages was this and it was about fact list on page 30
            Can you better not make anti-IO site.

points=stats sorry ahah is valid reason for me.
            dictate with your fact valid **** is not up to you it's dice

Comment

This is not about PW telling you that you have to play by his rules (although he has a history of doing that). Its him telling you that Battlefield 2 is a vehicle based FPS shooter where a player encounters more obstacles than 4 feet high fenses over which its great to throw nades...

"The way its meant to be played."

Comment

Statistics have a meaning for that individual only.
                Comparing 2 people by looking at their statistics is like comparing apples and grapes, because statistics have been acquired in different ways.
                If we were looking at PW’s latest statistics, we could say: what a vehicle whore! He has 57h in vehicles and 29h outside of a vehicle, from a total of 99h.
                He’s most played maps are Sharqi, Karkand and Mashtuur. Knife kills=0! :laugh:
                So what?! Does this make him less dangerous in the game? I remember some time ago, people asking about how to get the expert knife badge.
                Everyone have their own expectations from a game.
                But who cares about all this statistics information? It’s useless for everybody except the owner.
                I can not compare myself with others by just looking at statistics.
                It all comes down to what everybody like in the game.
                IO is meant to be another way to have fun. Some will like it, some will hate it. If you hate it, don’t play.
                I tried IO in beta and found it to be fun on some maps and boring on others. Vanilla is going to be always my favorite, but what’s wrong with more modes (and mods)?!
                I would love to see mods being ranked; perhaps more people would play them.
                The only people who don’t want a new way to have fun are statistics whores.
                Those are afraid their hard earned statistics are going to be meaningless. IO is not out yet and they want it removed or unranked (again, because of the numbers)!
                Guess what: statistics are meaningless already!
                Let’s ask ourselves: why would anyone start multiple accounts? It’s because perhaps they don’t like their current statistics?

Comment

This is not about PW telling you that you have to play by his rules (although he has a history of doing that). Its him telling you that Battlefield 2 is a vehicle based FPS shooter where a player encounters more obstacles than 4 feet high fenses over which its great to throw nades...

"The way its meant to be played."
                  You say that, but Dice think about this matter something else also to consinder
                  that the infrantry servers side modes there where already in the beginning of bf1942 days.

the are even more active clans on the infrantry ladder then the normal 16 player ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                    Knife kills=0! :laugh:
                    Heh considering I don't even have knife bound to a key that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                      Statistics have a meaning for that individual only.
                      Comparing 2 people by looking at their statistics is like comparing apples and grapes, because statistics have been acquired in different ways.
                      If we were looking at PW’s latest statistics, we could say: what a vehicle whore! He has 57h in vehicles and 29h outside of a vehicle, from a total of 99h.
                      He’s most played maps are Sharqi, Karkand and Mashtuur. Knife kills=0! :laugh:
                      So what?! Does this make him less dangerous in the game? I remember some time ago, people asking about how to get the expert knife badge.
                      Everyone have their own expectations from a game.
                      But who cares about all this statistics information? It’s useless for everybody except the owner.
                      I can not compare myself with others by just looking at statistics.
                      It all comes down to what everybody like in the game.
                      IO is meant to be another way to have fun. Some will like it, some will hate it. If you hate it, don’t play.
                      I tried IO in beta and found it to be fun on some maps and boring on others. Vanilla is going to be always my favorite, but what’s wrong with more modes (and mods)?!
                      I would love to see mods being ranked; perhaps more people would play them.
                      The only people who don’t want a new way to have fun are statistics whores.
                      Those are afraid their hard earned statistics are going to be meaningless. IO is not out yet and they want it removed or unranked (again, because of the numbers)!
                      Guess what: statistics are meaningless already!
                      Let’s ask ourselves: why would anyone start multiple accounts? It’s because perhaps they don’t like their current statistics?
                      Nice speech. Now think about it, if DICE shared the same opinion with you about statistics, BFROE wouldnt exist. Statistics are bound to the game and are far more than subjective private skill measure (to DICE!). Statistics in BF2 act as a ladder. Why else do you have these "Ranked #th in this and that kit". Now, I do not value statistics, but I do aknowledge that IO is nothing but "official" stat padding because just now BFROE acts against K/P servers and resets stats aqcuires in playing IO servers set by ranked server owners.

Infantry only game can be great fun, indeed. But why push its ranked status? Because people are transparent.

As for multiple accounts, its true for people who make them to "start fresh".

Returner, BF1942 didnt have a ranking system which is an essential part in opening unlocks and being in the overall player ladder.

And infantry ladders are played in UNRANKED servers, in their own independant competitive ladders, I could careless in what modes they play there.

Comment

Returner, BF1942 didnt have a ranking system which is an essential part in opening unlocks and being in the overall player ladder.

And infantry ladders are played in UNRANKED servers, in their own independant competitive ladders, I could careless in what modes they play there.
                        Wrong there was public stats page for your stats
                        bftracks
                        also some server had server stats track software, if you where registerd on that server you could see your stats

What do you think then where Dice had that Idea from , the first place

Comment

Wrong there was public stats page for your stats
                          bftracks
                          also some server had server stats track software, if you where registerd on that server you could see your stats
                          Did the tracker act as a stat ladder for all BF1942 players who played on Ranked servers. Did BF1942 have unlocks that are DEPENDANT on the points you gather and moreso, the methods you use in gathering those points. Did BF1942 have special features for the person being on the 1st place?

BF1942 stat tracker was truly a tracker made for personal use. BF2 is however an integrated part of the game.

Lots of unranked servers have custom stat trackers, unranked servers could EASILY implement any of those custom stat trackers. Yet you want IO to be "ranked". This has nothing to do with what BF1942

Comment

Did the tracker act as a stat ladder for all BF1942 players who played on Ranked servers. Did BF1942
                            Yes

have unlocks that are DEPENDANT on the points you gather and moreso, the methods you use in gathering those points. Did BF1942 have special features for the person being on the 1st place?
                            if there would be unlocks ingame in bf1942
                            also what you now are doing is trying to see the differnce between footbal and rugby bal

two differnt sport but there is ball in the game

BF1942 stat tracker was truly a tracker made for personal use. BF2 is however an integrated part of the game.

yes because the idea came extern stats pages like bftracker to let it intergrate it in bf2

Lots of unranked servers have custom stat trackers, unranked servers could EASILY implement any of those custom stat trackers. Yet you want IO to be "ranked". This has nothing to do with what BF1942
                            [/QUOTE]

In bf2 not really.
                            because there is already stats systeem out there.
                            In bf1942 there where no stats systeem in the beginning one of the reason of many cistom stats tracker.

Comment

The introduction of stats and the rewards for accumulating them was a marvelous marketing hook. EA/DICE saw that if BF2 did not have anything unique, it would have a hard time competing against the insanely popular Desert Combat mod. I mean think about it, DICE purchased Trauma Studios (the creators of DC) to ensure BF2 having a proven and respected pedigree, but without something extra, it would just be DC2. Not a very strong position to market a new title and engine from.

Since Stats and the rewards for accumulating them were put into the engine, why not also corner the market on all of those competition ladders? Bingo, GLOBAL RANKING. Now EVERYONE could "compete" in ONE ladder.

Whether stats are good or bad is irrevelent now. They are here and they are staying. The entire "official BF2 game" is not being converted to IO. You will have the choice to play it or not. IF you don't want your stats to be compared with other's stats from IO rounds, then I can understand that. Petition EA/DICE to add an indicator like Knife Kills = 234 (219 IO) or something like that. Harping on and on about the addition of the IO mode to the BF2 game and how it will kill everything you have come to know and love is pointless. They are not going to remove it, so, try to get them to modify the point reporting format so it will better reflect what you anti-IO mode folks consider "true skill points" and let the IO eager players get their game on in peace.

And before anybody starts screaming about MY stats, look them up for your self. I know I am a Sgt., but I can't remember which one. I play the game for fun and really don't follow or get worked up about my numbers.

Search for MajorUrsaNorte1 if you want. Hell, I don't even know where to check outside of the ingame BFHQ !!

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
                                I'm sorry Ursa but like many others you're missing the major point why many players such as myself dislike IO. The reason I point out statistics is just that - because it's such a pointless reason yet it's the main motivation for people to support the IO mode. I'm smart enough to know if IO suddenly was announced as "unranked" only it would be a huge flop and thus it wouldn't negatively impact the other aspects of the game that do actually matter.

One example (but many others exist) is an ever shrinking server selection and map selection to choose from. Yes a thousand servers might pop up when I click "refresh all" but only a small percentage of those have enough players in them to make them worthwhile. Then I've only got take in to account that I only play on servers with a reasonable ping (90 or less).. and just like that that very small list of servers gets even smaller. Then I've got to cherry-pick the few remaining 64 player servers that are near full or full because I only enjoy myself during large games (this is true). Then I've got to consider what type of maps I want to play. Not a problem if I want to play Karkand over and over again but what if I want to play a 64 player decent pinging server with some air maps in rotation? Sadly at that point I've got about 5 decent servers to choose from with another couple tossed off the list because they're run by abusive clan admins or have silly BFROE in effect.

What happens to my tiny list of viable servers once IO mode hits and the stat hungry players swarm them? Two servers? No servers? Empty servers? What happens if I feel like playing later at night when less players in the United States servers are active? Will I even be able to find a viable server at all? Who knows what the exact impact will be but judging from the BF2 communities obsession with statistics I expect it to be pretty bad.

After IO mode bores everyone to death and the buzz of getting lots of points wears off the servers will all start to decay (or at least a strong possibility of such a occurance exists).

Bottom line is all of the above ^ pain and frustration and not being able to find a viable game the end result of certain greedy players wanting bigger numbers at the end of the round... sad isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X