Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Bottom line is, why should people that prefer infantry only bend over for you because you want them to be in the servers that have vehicles? They shouldnt, if there really IS such a large amount of players that will migrate to IO, then that will be YOUR loss, and the large amount of players will be having a damn good time.

You are being selfish here, nothing more.

Comment

[...] Bottom line is all of the above ^ pain and frustration and not being able to find a viable game the end result of certain greedy players wanting bigger numbers at the end of the round... sad isn't it?
      Lolz - you guys still discuss this evergreen. While the above might be true or not - personally i think it's to extreme - it isn't a valid point imho. When the guys who pay for the servers decide they prefer something else they have every right to switch, if you don't like it you can rent a server on your own or with some likeminded guys to spare some money. Till then you have no right to cast your vote.

The positive in this might be that the majority of the nade spamming, clay whoring & stat caring bitches will move to IO so they won't pollute the normal maps.

Personally i neither care about the 1.4 patch nor about this IO stuff because:
      PoE 2 is released on Saturday.
      After playing the betafield for almost 1000 hours i'm completely fed up with this crap and have lost every hope in DICE to fix all that stuff they introduced with one of their crappy paches (i loved the game when it was released & can even live with the 1.2x patches but now the 'nerfing' is enough).

So i wish you guys the best but i'm outta here - except for the occasional laugh by reading the latest 'omg hax0rz' or 'omg the xyz needs to be nerfed'. Have fun :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by tom91
        Wow someone who is in agreence
        You are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
          why should people that prefer infantry only bend over for you because you want them to be in the servers that have vehicles? They shouldnt, if there really IS such a large amount of players that will migrate to IO, then that will be YOUR loss, and the large amount of players will be having a damn good time.

You are being selfish here, nothing more.
          Why should they? Simple really... they bought Battlefield 2 and what the hell did they expect? The description of the gameplay is right on the box. It's like I go down to Taco Bell and order a uh.. taco and then I get the taco and I throw it to the ground and go... "This is unacceptable I didn't want a taco!". Uh but Sir you're the one who asked for and purchased the taco! It's the same kind of silly logic that you're trying to use.

Again... players want IO mode for the most retarded reasons as Returner finally admitted to (he wants more points) and we have proven over and over again that this is the main motivation for certain unsavory misguided players supporting IO mode.

So who was being selfish again? The players who bought something they never wanted in the first place or the players who bought exactly what they wanted only to have it modified and changed by the prior which negatively effects their own gameplay.

It's right on the box people! Why did you buy Battlefield 2 if you don't like vehicles?!

To assist you in understanding this most simple of concept I took a picture of the back of my Battlefield 2 box so you don't even have to go look yourself! What part of VEHICLES VEHICLES AND MORE VEHICLES! do you not understand? Nowhere on the box do I see any mention of "Advanced server options to completely disable the biggest game dynamic of Battlefield 2 so you can whore points easier!".

Comment

PlaneWhore wins. Why buy a game that has multiple mentions of vehicles and pictures of them right on the back of the box and then ask for them to be removed, claiming that those who don't want them removed are 'forcing their way' on others? Cripes.

And in all fairness, the semblance of a global ranking with any sort of integrity went straight out the window the moment clans were able to lease ranked servers. All clanners on one team, all pubbies on the other, and who usually wins? It'd be like myself and Joe-Bob the accountant competing in a golf tournament against Vijay Singh and Tiger Woods. Not saying that clanners shouldn't be able to play with one another, but for the ranking system to have maintained its integrity it should have been in a strictly public environment with unbiased moderation, not 'Admin kicks you because you stole his jet' BS. So between that, people who play city maps exclusively (less vehicular encounters and generally more medics to revive them should they die), and a number of other factors, the impact that IO will have on the global ranking system doesn't really bother me at all. I personally don't show my stats around for the sole reason that I care very little for what others may think of them and I've held the belief pretty much from the get-go that the only person who can truly judge someone's stats is the person playing. Although, that's not necessarily the case if someone comes in bragging about how l33t they are and they show they have 1500h on Karkand and 1490 of them as a medic it does tend to show something about their playstyle, but the way the stats system was so poorly designed it says to me that either DICE was lazy with its implementation or that it was meant only for self-evaluation. Just my thoughts, anyway.

~Wolfgang

Comment

For the vocabulary-challenged:

Option

op·tion (op-shun) Pronunciation Key
              n.

1. The act of choosing; choice. See Synonyms at choice.
              2. The power or freedom to choose.
              1. The exclusive right, usually obtained for a fee, to buy or sell something within a specified time at a set price.
              2. The privilege of demanding fulfillment of a contract at a specified time.
              3. A stock option.
              4. The right of the holder of an insurance policy to specify the manner in which payments are to be made or credited to the policyholder.
              5. Baseball. The right of a major-league team to transfer a player to a minor-league team while being able to recall the player within a specified period.
              4. Something chosen or available as a choice.

Comment

For mentally challenged

Option

Op.tion

Option to buy a vehicle centered war-game. Option to choose Counter Strike if vehicles piss you off.

Comment

How clever! You copy/pasted the definition of option from dictionary.com implying that Infantry Only mode is optional!

I like options. So...

Where is my option to have more than 2 viable servers to play on my server list after IO mode sweeps the ranked server choices because of players incomprehensible obsession with points?

Where is my option to fly in a less popular vehicle such as an airplane and participate in a ranked server with such a vehicle when I can't find a server available with a reasonable map/player size/ping?

Where is my option to have my infantry/overall statistics ranked fairly among other players who play the much harder "normal" mode as I will?

Where is my option to not have to deal with the huge influx of vehicle-pro people (victims) flooding the few remaining vehicle servers to get their tank/helicopter/airplane fix?

I could go on and on but my point being is this - I'm all for "options" as long as those "options" don't directly result in my enjoyment of Battlefield 2 gameplay being unfairly diminished. Infantry Only mode will do just that.

Comment

I could go on and on but my point being is this - I'm all for "options" as long as those "options" don't directly result in my enjoyment of Battlefield 2 gameplay being unfairly diminished. Infantry Only mode will do just that.
                    well.. i do care about your enjoyment of this game in the same way you care about mine - IO mode is in, it is ranked and it is going to take away your cannon fodder. live with it. and please, no more f.. 'buy a CS' crap, no more 'bf2 is a game where you MUST use vechicles'. in reality your only concern is 'they'll go away and i wouldnt have targets for my spawncamping runs on masthur, whee, wheee, whee..' [i took time to see you play - you ONLY spawncamp in a tank.. preferably the last available spawnpoint]

IO mode is actualy fun, but it is true that only on certain maps - karkand is BAD in IO mode, and it is not going to attract many 'statwhores' [you care about these stats reealy realy badly] because of bleed and uneven chances teams have. true - there is some running - but who cares, once in a battle there is a lot to shot at and squads realy have some use.

remember - when many people like something you are not going to achieve much by flaming them for their 'bad' taste, or proving them that they are wrong - this is the area where taste matters, and your highnes has NOTHING that makes you in charge of other' tastes.

it is their taste, if they are the larger part of the community - the bigger the problem you have.
                    about choice of servers - you play on one server, and if people are still not bored with spawncamping there theyll stick to that server, providing you a fresh meat. so dont worry.

the last problem you have with IO are stats. stats you repeatedely state you dont care about. and at the same time mentioning them between the lines much to often. you care about points, you want to keep your cheap way of scoring points [weak AA] while removing others cheap ways [IO mode? lame - spm in IO mode is lower due to the running and general round duration]

i understand this - everyone wants to keep his advantages, but you are sir a hypocrite. and that isnt understendable

if you dont play for points, and ask us to play IO unranked - go and play unranked too. difference between us is that I play unranked [i play everyday, and ranked rarely] and you.. well, dont think so.

things i dont like in IO - grenades on some maps, few maps that are impossible for usmc to win [karkand/jalalabad], lots of running on some other maps [first china run on dalian]
                    i dont find claymores or grenades so much problem except sharqi, not bigger than in nonIO mode anyway. but there are REALY great moments playing maps that were forgotten long ago - zetar, shongua. wake in IO simply rocks - it is closest to push-style maps available in bf2 now

last note - IO is not going to affect you much, with so big playerbase, so many servers, and given IO is so borring i dont think many will stick to it for more than for a few test games.

Comment

Planwhore,

I can understand your point with server choices and competition. I also think that your reservations my be overly harsh. And I think you are giving too much credit to IO mode and not enough credit to the release of BF2142, the impending flurry of mod releases and the simple truth of BF2 being one + years old.

The few things I mentioned above will all have an impact of vBF2 Ranked server selection. I really think they will have a much greater impact than IO will by a long shot.

I don't think that anyone can say "stick a fork in BF2 cause she's DONE" quite yet, but I do see the rapid fracturing of the playerbase coming VERY fast. There will be a balance between everything, but it might take a while. Good games don't die, Hell ! you can STILL play BF1942 online or Desert Combat online. BF2 isn't done, but you can smell the meat frying in the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by sidtherat
                        i took time to see you play
                        Aww you tracked me down to watch me play and you didn't even say hello? Isn't that sad.

Comment

IO is not going to ruin BF2, but BF2142 will.
                          If it's a blast, how many of BF2 players will migrate to it?
                          Most people only have this much time to spend on gaming, so if they would have to choose between the two, what do you think they'll choose?
                          This is the real issue to be worried about, not IO mode.
                          How about the other great games that are coming?
                          The main threat comes from other games (BF2142 included), not from within (IO mode).

Comment

We're talking about BF2 not all these other games. As far as I'm concerned with all the incredible looking games slated for release in 2007 Battlefield 2142 is barely registers as a blip on the radar. DICE rushes this crap out like I've never seen another developement company do before.

Games like Quake War which was DELAYED to guarantee quality gameplay on release is more likely than not going to crush BF2142 then you've got a huge assortment of other game such as Teamfortress 2 that are bound to be equally as impressive. DICE is going to quickly learn that when you fail to address the concerns of your current customers and instead devote all of that coding manpower to new cash cows you'll end up paying the price. You lose customer loyality and appreciation. When that happens they're bound to punch you right where it hurts the most - right in the wallet. Countless other software development companies have learned this lesson the hard way and with competition to create a great FPS (with vehicles) more stiff than ever I think DICE is setting themselves up the be creamed.

We're getting off topic but fact is IO mode is a BF2 problem, not a BF2142 problem so bringing up other games is just silly. You can bet that if DICE gets away with this crap in 1.4 they'll probably pull the same cheap tricks in BF2142.

Comment

Why should they? Simple really... they bought Battlefield 2 and what the hell did they expect? The description of the gameplay is right on the box. It's like I go down to Taco Bell and order a uh.. taco and then I get the taco and I throw it to the ground and go... "This is unacceptable I didn't want a taco!". Uh but Sir you're the one who asked for and purchased the taco! It's the same kind of silly logic that you're trying to use.
                              That's no reason, in the near future people will be leaving to play mods such as POE2/FH2/EOD/Whatever, mods that offer completely different things from what is advertised on the BF2 box. These people are not selfish, they just recognise the base/orginal game isnt neccesarily "the best way" to play, either because of lacking quality, or "newness".

Again... players want IO mode for the most retarded reasons as Returner finally admitted to (he wants more points) and we have proven over and over again that this is the main motivation for certain unsavory misguided players supporting IO mode.
                              Proof pls, and no, random forumers does not prove its the main motivation for most people to go play IO.

So who was being selfish again? The players who bought something they never wanted in the first place or the players who bought exactly what they wanted only to have it modified and changed by the prior which negatively effects their own gameplay.
                              You know what? It's a server setting, bf2 came in the box with a server option that would let you play on a small map with just 16 players.. these maps have no jets! They are on the fracking box, what kind of BS is that? EA is stealing players from MY preferred game mode by letting people play on maps without jets!? Indeed.

It's right on the box people! Why did you buy Battlefield 2 if you don't like vehicles?!

To assist you in understanding this most simple of concept I took a picture of the back of my Battlefield 2 box so you don't even have to go look yourself! What part of VEHICLES VEHICLES AND MORE VEHICLES! do you not understand? Nowhere on the box do I see any mention of "Advanced server options to completely disable the biggest game dynamic of Battlefield 2 so you can whore points easier!".
                              Nowhere on the box is there a mention of. "overpowered airvehicles that pound your spawnpoints into dust every 20 seconds!" or "instantly respawning apc's that are perfect for baseraping!". However this is happening in the game to some extent or another.

Now, let me help you understand.

Its an OPTION, you dont have to play it, just like you dont have to play on karkand only servers, or 16 player servers. Both these things probably take players away from your favorite maps and player amount.. But you have no right to complain. Dice is trying to cater to people that paid for bf2 just like you did. There is no problem, i very much doubt your random IO player is going to come close to raking in the amount of points that a planewhore such as yourself can.

Comment

We're talking about BF2 not all these other games. As far as I'm concerned with all the incredible looking games slated for release in 2007 Battlefield 2142 is barely registers as a blip on the radar. DICE rushes this crap out like I've never seen another developement company do before.

Games like Quake War which was DELAYED to guarantee quality gameplay on release is more likely than not going to crush BF2142 then you've got a huge assortment of other game such as Teamfortress 2 that are bound to be equally as impressive. DICE is going to quickly learn that when you fail to address the concerns of your current customers and instead devote all of that coding manpower to new cash cows you'll end up paying the price. You lose customer loyality and appreciation. When that happens they're bound to punch you right where it hurts the most - right in the wallet. Countless other software development companies have learned this lesson the hard way and with competition to create a great FPS (with vehicles) more stiff than ever I think DICE is setting themselves up the be creamed.

We're getting off topic but fact is IO mode is a BF2 problem, not a BF2142 problem so bringing up other games is just silly. You can bet that if DICE gets away with this crap in 1.4 they'll probably pull the same cheap tricks in BF2142.
                                Now hold on a minute Planewhore. Your main reason for not wanting IO mode was because you felt that it was going to cut down on the number of servers you have to choose from. I countered that by saying that IO alone will not be the cause of dwindling server choices. I did not mention any game from any other company. Infact every game/mod I mentioned was/is/will be part of the BF series. And it is the BF series that has the fanbase that required the amount of servers out there running BF2 right now. SO, you can't say that me mentioning anything in the BF series is silly. You do not increase the validity of your argument by excluding parts of mine without any logical reason. My point was made with an "apples to apples" approach and stands valid as stated. You brought in the other game companies and their offerings, not me.

Comment

Working...
                                X