So this is IO..(infantry only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is IO..(infantry only)

Earlier today I logged in and usually blindly pick a Kark 32 with a low ping.
    So I pick the lowest one, CAL something, I forget off hand.

Im logged in on the USMC side and notice "wow the MEC are on are hill already!"..so I fight for a bit and see a Vodnik to hop in. I hop in the Vod and start to lay people out.
    I get a warning "PKM its infantry only, no unlocks or vehicles so get out Vod or get kicked".
    I think "oh my, I look like a tool with all these 100k point guys here, I better stick aroundfor a minute or 2 and show some skills before I bounce"..yes I fear BFROE so I know IO is a bad thing till its official..but I also wanna test the waters of IO before it goes live, see how fun it actually is.

So round restarts and Im USMC again and ready to see the hype of IO. Now Im thinking it will be cool small arms fire around walls and lots of team work.

This is the point I find out Im so so so wrong.
    IO Karkand is absolutely no fun IMO.
    All it consisted of was 3 classes doing the same thing and gaining no ground, its the purest example to stats>flags.
    Now MEC did there job as expected by stopping the USMC rush...yet it wasnt a rush for flags.
    Like I said 3 classes were only in play..Medic, Support, and Sniper.
    And there basic use was this, Support keep the constant supply of nades flowing as you and others spam them, Sniper spam Claymores and Nades, Medic revive nade victims and spam nades too. It wasnt a constant barrage of nades at every angle, lack of tanks/vehicles made it able for people to throw them right in the open..people actually threw nades at me as I ran at them with a gun..If one was lucky enough to go through the sides, you were greeted by claymores on top of claymores ( I can only figure this was snipers fighting for the kills so spamming them atop of each other was kind of a "kill steal")

So to sum it up Ive come to the conclusion that maybe IO doesnt seem viable, theres nothing to help a push in certain areas. Example: USMC could have pushed into the MEC bases if given a vehicle to push the MEC infantry back a bit, yet the hills were flooded with rushing MEC guys spamming nades/claymores as they ran up (99% of the fight took place on the hills or the the areas right before the first base, seems theres almost no chance USMC will win Kark in IO. Im sure we have all accidentally stubmled into a P/K server and saw flags dont matter there is no movement just people out in the open streets stabbing and pistoling each other while medics revive and Supports chuck ammo at pistoleros...well IO is kind of the same..except its people in the streets throwing nades, throwing claymores and hopping on revives.

Re: So this is IO..(infantry only)

thats the beauty of io. i wont play it simply because i like normal bf2

Comment

I love IO. Man them Vehicle whores piss me off so bad

Comment

This is what they should had done:

1. 'Vehicle-lite' ranked map option:
        • Replace Tank/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
        • Replace AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
        • Remove Jets
        • Replace Littlebird and Attack Helicopter spawns with Transport Helicopters

2. 'Vehicle-neutered' ranked map option:
        Same as above but weapon's on the transport vehicles removed.

3. Also they should add 'Supply-line' ranked map option (you can only take flags in a certain order - the flag available to take would be highlighted in your HUD like a wounded soldier, except semi-transparent grey)

ALL maps of ALL sizes and ALL kits will be playable.

Comment

Statpadder mode. Oh well the mods are coming out soon :yay:

Comment

After seeing this terrible example of what IO is, I can only think that large maps are gonna be of any enjoyment in IO form.
            Maps that dont allow choke points, maps that allow players to flank out into open areas to avoid nade/claymore spam and are only viable attacks are small arms fire.
            I can not for the life of me find Karkand to be any fun in IO mode since from what I saw everyone fought in a 100 yard area throwing explosives at each other.
            With out vehicles there is nothign to help the push for a team on maps that "choke".

Comment

Originally posted by Mekstizzle
              Oh well the mods are coming out soon :yay:
              Man how long have people been saying that for....

I fear rankings have nuetered the mods. I doubt if we will ever see another BF mod as popular as DC or Forgotten Hope

Comment

I'm sure players and server owners will learn in due course -_-

Comment

Originally posted by tom91
                  Roger that.

If you dont like IO, we've heard it all before, so dont waste your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                    Roger that.

If you dont like IO, we've heard it all before, so dont waste your breath.
                    Wow someone who is in agreence

Comment

first off i'm still LOLing at the original poster. HE FEARED BFROE ROFL how sad is that. omg they will wipe off my meaningless stats. sorry dude, didn't mean to sound like a jerk.

Originally posted by tom91
                      there is a game called CSS. all infantry all the time. enjoy

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                      Man how long have people been saying that for....

I fear rankings have nuetered the mods. I doubt if we will ever see another BF mod as popular as DC or Forgotten Hope
                      most of the mods are working toward implementing a 3rd party stats.

Comment

sounds more like you found a stat padding server.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

IO mode will be good for ppl that have noooooo idea how they ended up in a battlefield series game ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
                            there is a game called CSS. all infantry all the time. enjoy
                            I have CSS

Comment

Dude, people already spam nades and claymores like crazy in City Maps. With IO now we wont have to worry about amour.

Comment

Working...
                              X