X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gervish
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Don't suppose theres any chance of stoppping tanks taking damage from rolling along on the terrain and hitting 6 inch bumps which somehow damage it.

Leave a comment:

• |]S[|Sonic
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    OK CKMC you did ask so I'll summarise
    - Change the weapons damage back to core BF2 values. Stop nerfing your game!!!
    - Infantry mode is unranked
    - Heavy transport, light transport, atv, transport choppers and ribs should stay

If you must nerf, NERF UP. If a weapon is too powerful make the other weapons more powerful to counter it. Not the other way round - nerfing down kills the game
    Take a hypothetical example -
    The blackhawk used to be too powerful
    Solution - make the other tranports equally powerful. Give infantry a portable stinger. That is all.
    The G36e is too powerful
    Solution - Make the M16 as powerful and as accurate
    The J10 is far better than the F35b
    Solution - Fix the F35b missiles. Give the F35b an advantage like a very effective airbrake utilising its VTOL

Doing the above - nerfing UP - makes everyone happy
    Doing the opposite - nerfing DOWN - ****es players off
    Think of your customers

Edit Colin Clarke - I asked you before and I'll ask again
    Please do not take feedback in this way. You MUST if you are to achieve any useful feedback invite selected members of a forum like this for their feedback. Approach individuals - let the people who have proven themselves here have their voices heard above the complaints from a new player who has just had his ass handed to him

People here like Harmor, Metallicaguitarist, Planewhore, Wargimp, Rombaft, ||bfa||variable, Eternal-Souljah, bitvomit, troybob, Hu.Z_of_PLA to name but a few. There are not many more.
    There are not many who I would trust with this game but there are perhaps 10-20 here active on these forums who know what they are talking about and you should listen to them as well. Because those intelligent and passionate voices represent the community and will give you the feedback you need
    If you want to know what a nation thinks you don't ask the man in the street. You ask the politician or the newsreporter. Similarly with this game you don't ask the common player - you ask the community moderators, the senior members and the clan leaders.
    Please do it this time if you are really serious about this feedback and public relations
    You are a genius. Colin, Demize, anyone at DICE, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS GUY! THIS IS PROBABLY THE SMARTEST POST REGARDING GAMEPLAY ADJUSTMENTS EVER MADE!

Leave a comment:

• imported_Zach
    replied

Originally posted by SurgeonS@m
    Leave damage system alone and leave the transports (humvees, mabey a buggy or two) and throw a tank (mabey two) in the mix and rename it Infantry Orientated.
    Or just play Mashtuur City.

Leave a comment:

• Frozo
    Guest replied

longer spawn times and no vehicles.... u die and wait a while to respawn u then have a hefty treck to get back to the action, in which u die agen and wait a longer time to respawn so that u can spend ages gettin back to the action. etc etc. its unlikely, but possible and i can imagine it being very frustrating. i find it annoying enough in DoD wen u die.

i havent tried the patch yet, but are u sure maps lyk oilfields will work w/o jeeps. seems to me lyk a hell of a lot of walking to me.

also, wasnt special forces meant to be the "infantry" bf2 thing?

Leave a comment:

• SurgeonS@m
    Guest replied

Leave damage system alone and leave the transports (humvees, mabey a buggy or two) and throw a tank (mabey two) in the mix and rename it Infantry Orientated.

Leave a comment:

• Donkey
    Guest replied

Originally posted by snugnads
    Just so you know, this is not the first time a game company has had open beta testing. So, it's not revolutionary at all. I also, like your comment about a multi-billion dollar company being smarter than people on this board. Why, because they have the billions? This makes them smarter???
    Name another game company that has a game like BF2 and has openly tested it with the public... (Nova didnt do this)

And if you are smarter then said company why dont you have the billions....better yet then why do you buy their product?????

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
    infantry only will kill regular bf2 gameplay. People will stop playing regular bf2. And only play those server with that setting. I want to play and see regular bf2 servers full. With 1.3 you search and everything is karkand karkand karkand and city maps. With this infantry only all the server will turn to it and only city maps. First people change to SF, EF ,AF, now this mod is spliting more the players. Nerfing the black hawk already make shongua a unplayable map. Shongua can empty a full server if you put it in rotation. This will happen with regular jet, chopper maps. This is not BF KARKAND, it is BF2. infantry only is only good in city maps, the others are left out. Those servers with those maps will be empty.

PLEASE EA DICE left bf2 has it is. JUST FIX THE BUGS. NOT MORE NEW CONTENT PLEASEE!! FIX THE GAME. NO MORE NERFING THINGS. JUST MAKE A PATCH TO FIX BUGS. IS THIS SO HARD TO YOU? Let the game has it is Please stop this nonsense! Make infantry only for BF2142. LET BF2 has it is!

BF2 maps are designed for vehicles! Some maps in infantry only don't work! Is not fair for people that don't like city maps to find those servers empty or with that setting and no more vehicles.

Infantry only would be the ultimate NERF by DICE/EA
    THANKS TO CS 1.6 WHINERS NOOBS THAT DON'T TAKE TIME TO LEARN TO USE VEHICLES!
    I dont think your understanding. This is an OPTION, ie servers can have it on or off.

Maps like Zatar, Dragon Valley etc wont be set to infantry only, the whole point of those maps is the vehicles. This setting would, id imagin, mainly be used for city maps servers primarily because the people who frequent those servers LIKE playing as infantry.

People will still play servers with Zatar, Dragon Valley etc, just those of us who dont like getting the **** bombed out of us repeatedly can play on an infantry only server and have some good infantry battles.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Pmosh
    Guest replied

infantry only will kill regular bf2 gameplay. People will stop playing regular bf2. And only play those server with that setting. I want to play and see regular bf2 servers full. With 1.3 you search and everything is karkand karkand karkand and city maps. With this infantry only all the server will turn to it and only city maps. First people change to SF, EF ,AF, now this mod is spliting more the players. Nerfing the black hawk already make shongua a unplayable map. Shongua can empty a full server if you put it in rotation. This will happen with regular jet, chopper maps. This is not BF KARKAND, it is BF2. infantry only is only good in city maps, the others are left out. Those servers with those maps will be empty.

PLEASE EA DICE left bf2 has it is. JUST FIX THE BUGS. NOT MORE NEW CONTENT PLEASEE!! FIX THE GAME. NO MORE NERFING THINGS. JUST MAKE A PATCH TO FIX BUGS. IS THIS SO HARD TO YOU? Let the game has it is Please stop this nonsense! Make infantry only for BF2142. LET BF2 has it is!

BF2 maps are designed for vehicles! Some maps in infantry only don't work! Is not fair for people that don't like city maps to find those servers empty or with that setting and no more vehicles.

Infantry only would be the ultimate NERF by DICE/EA
    THANKS TO CS 1.6 WHINERS NOOBS THAT DON'T TAKE TIME TO LEARN TO USE VEHICLES!

Leave a comment:

• snuggnads
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
    You are pretty high on yourself eh????

I am also glad you think you know more then a multi-billion dollar company....

Personally I think EA/DICE is making the right move by opening this up to all to test... This could be a revolutionary moment for the gaming industry where the developers/publishers have the PUBLIC test the game and its patches thus providing much more feedback and in the end hopefully making a product everyone would like....
    Just so you know, this is not the first time a game company has had open beta testing. So, it's not revolutionary at all. I also, like your comment about a multi-billion dollar company being smarter than people on this board. Why, because they have the billions? This makes them smarter???

Leave a comment:

• Donkey
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    OK CKMC you did ask so I'll summarise
    - Change the weapons damage back to core BF2 values. Stop nerfing your game!!!
    - Infantry mode is unranked
    - Heavy transport, light transport, atv, transport choppers and ribs should stay

If you must nerf, NERF UP. If a weapon is too powerful make the other weapons more powerful to counter it. Not the other way round - nerfing down kills the game
    Take a hypothetical example -
    The blackhawk used to be too powerful
    Solution - make the other tranports equally powerful. Give infantry a portable stinger. That is all.
    The G36e is too powerful
    Solution - Make the M16 as powerful and as accurate
    The J10 is far better than the F35b
    Solution - Fix the F35b missiles. Give the F35b an advantage like a very effective airbrake utilising its VTOL

Doing the above - nerfing UP - makes everyone happy
    Doing the opposite - nerfing DOWN - ****es players off
    Think of your customers

Edit Colin Clarke - I asked you before and I'll ask again
    Please do not take feedback in this way. You MUST if you are to achieve any useful feedback invite selected members of a forum like this for their feedback. Approach individuals - let the people who have proven themselves here have their voices heard above the complaints from a new player who has just had his ass handed to him

People here like Harmor, Metallicaguitarist, Planewhore, Wargimp, Rombaft, ||bfa||variable, Eternal-Souljah, bitvomit, troybob, Hu.Z_of_PLA to name but a few. There are not many more.
    There are not many who I would trust with this game but there are perhaps 10-20 here active on these forums who know what they are talking about and you should listen to them as well. Because those intelligent and passionate voices represent the community and will give you the feedback you need
    If you want to know what a nation thinks you don't ask the man in the street. You ask the politician or the newsreporter. Similarly with this game you don't ask the common player - you ask the community moderators, the senior members and the clan leaders.
    Please do it this time if you are really serious about this feedback and public relations
    You are pretty high on yourself eh????

I am also glad you think you know more then a multi-billion dollar company....

Personally I think EA/DICE is making the right move by opening this up to all to test... This could be a revolutionary moment for the gaming industry where the developers/publishers have the PUBLIC test the game and its patches thus providing much more feedback and in the end hopefully making a product everyone would like....

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Ali G
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: give me a break accuracy?? how does this improve accuracy? and besides, increasing the the health is a really huge turn off to me. The whole point of infantry is so that we can kill eachother really fast and get a ton of points, not to spent 2 minutes emptying an entire clip with no results. DICE, i garauntee you that 99% of the ppl will just bunny around holding a med pack. why didn't you just leave it the way it is (player's HP) and just take out the vehicles? why must you be so extra and change things that aren't meant to be changed?
    Speak for yourself.

The reason i want infantry only is because I like the teamwork involved. An Infantry only battle is considerably more FUN than getting spawn raped by tanks, it promotes co-operation which in turn leads to more FUN. Thats right, computer games are supposed to be FUN, entertaining...not some mindless quest to gain fictional, meaningless points and made up medals.

I couldnt give a rats arse about the points and to be frank, i find it rather sad that so many people do.

I do want IO to be ranked however, simply because not many people play unranked. We are more likely to be able to fill, and keep full an IO ranked server than an IO unranked server. And for £2,500 we pay for our ranked servers a year, that is all we ask.

Leave a comment:

• Flares
    Guest replied

Why must you be so extra and change things that aren't meant to be changed?
    Because they want to appeal to the player who can't hit crap, has little understanding of tactics and poor communication skills. Basically most of the player base.

Leave a comment:

• DuffMan
    Guest replied

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: give me a break accuracy?? how does this improve accuracy? and besides, increasing the the health is a really huge turn off to me. The whole point of infantry is so that we can kill eachother really fast and get a ton of points, not to spent 2 minutes emptying an entire clip with no results. DICE, i garauntee you that 99% of the ppl will just bunny around holding a med pack. why didn't you just leave it the way it is (player's HP) and just take out the vehicles? why must you be so extra and change things that aren't meant to be changed?
    Er, health hasn't been increased; damage has been decreased.

And you obviously missed the part in the first post which says the med packs effectiveness has been reduced to prevent said exploit.

Leave a comment:

• Ali G
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    No vehicles – We removed vehicles to change up the manner in which the game it played. This places more focus on how players strategize their movements and also reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc).

Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.

Leave a comment:

• Sub_zer0
    Guest replied

Don't forget this is just a server option not all servers will run like this so dont start moaning before its out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X