X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioDiaperX
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Hmmm well I'm really liking the sound of this infantry only mode, but the damage decrease. . . is that for infantry only ONLY? Or does it affect the whole game? Also, what other changes are you making toward the original conquest mode?

Leave a comment:

• Dlab37
    replied

Originally posted by stephensolfo
    i donbt know about that longer revive time.
    i agree. I dont want to wait 30 seconds for me to respawn thats one thing i dont like. Other then that great patch

Leave a comment:

• scott123
    Guest replied

Too many gameplay tweaks going on here for my tastes. What happened to EA just fixing the bugs that have been there from day one? They are attempting to fix something that wasn't broken!!!

I will likely stop playing if many of these game changes go final.

Leave a comment:

• Harmor
    Guest replied

I'm sorry, but I don't like the changes you guys suggested for the No Vehicle option.

The 'infantry mode' or rather 'vehicle-lite mode' should had been like:
    • Replace Tanks/APCs with Heavy Jeeps.
    • Replace AA vehicles with Light Jeeps.
    • No Jets.
    • Keep existing Transport helicopters.
    • Replace Attack helicopters with Transport Helicopters.

That's it. Do that for every map and it would had been GREAT!!!

People don't like waiting. Having longer respawn timers and having to run/swim to get back into the action is not fun. Since Squad hopping is gone (which I'm happy it is), you have to spawn at a flag and the run/swim to the action.

If you wanted to 'nerf' medics, just increase the delay for shockpaddles and make health packs heal you like when a med pack is out - not instantly. (Example: A medic drops a health pack...someone who is damaged comes by and stands next to the health pack and is healed as if the medic was standing next to him with his med pack out. If more than one person is standing near the med pack then the med pack disappears when it has healed 100 hp combined). Pretty simple, yes?

Leave a comment:

• Sadistic_1
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Hi Guys,
    Please review the no vehicle option details below. Hopefully this helps people understand and enjoy this feature a bit more.

No vehicles – We removed vehicles to change up the manner in which the game it played. This places more focus on how players strategize their movements and also reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc).

Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.

Commander without Artillery or Vehicles

Longer spawn time – The long respawn also creates an incentive to change up the manner in which the game is played. There is a greater consequence on death. We also saw the need to slow the pace of the game down somewhat in order to increase the intensity.

Longer Revive Time – This helps to compensate for the long spawn time. With 30 seconds of revive time, there is a greater chance to be revived. This is also beneficial since there is a greater need to revive players. The extra time also allows for medics to give some thought as to when to revive a player. Medics can allow dangers to pass then revive a player rather than being required to rush into danger.

Reduce health pack replenish – This is a rebalance of the medic class to prevent exploits created by the reduction in damage.

RIBs & Parachutes left in game – Some maps require water transport or parachutes to work.

TOW missile left in place

-DICE Staff
    First of all, thank you! I've been looking forward to an infantry only option for this game. This is where the intensity of great firefights are found.

As for the damage decrease...WHY? Good players already make on the fly decisions when involved in a fight. Besides, anyone who is good at making headshots will negate this feature anyway.

The change's made to the commander are great. No more battles being ruined by commanders with no regard for teamkilling.

Long spawn times? Ok, yes this means there's more incentive to stay alive, so game play will become more tactical, but I don't agree on your need to slow down the game. The pace is just fine, and in fact, with no vehicles around, the pace is going to slow down anyway. This seems like a useless change.

30 second revive time? You want players to sit around for 30 seconds waiting to either be revived or respawn? No offence, but making it easier for teammates to revive a fallen soldier is again making the game too "NOOB" (I hate that word) friendly. Part of the attraction to the game, is the pace it's played at, and that includes timing the revive of a teammate. The reality is, if medics were to remove the threat first before trying to revive someone on their team, both players would probably live. Instead, most just rush in there and end up being shot themselves. There's no real reason to change this. The players themselves need to change.

Reduction in health pack replenish - Works for me. There's already too many medics running around anyway.

TOW missile left in place? Ok, but if there's no vehicles?

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBob
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Try it out and let us know. We want to make to make sure this patch kicks butt
    I will very soon. Don't have the time now.

I will say this. This time, at least DICE is trying to talk with the community and answer questions etc.... Not to offend you, but it hasn't been the best in the past.

Bravo

Leave a comment:

• Ali G
    Guest replied

anyway, it will be soon for ppl to find out the that the new infantry mode with more health will be crap, and servers will make their own infantry only without all the extra ****

Leave a comment:

• N2K
    Guest replied

Originally posted by |]S[|Sonic
    Dolphin diving and prone spamming are essentially useless in 1.4.
    People do it to avoid gun fire, they hope to avoid long distance fire, either from tanks or snipers.

Leave a comment:

• Ali G
    Guest replied

go to 38 minute and u will hear it

Leave a comment:

• |]S[|Sonic
    Guest replied

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
    What about the people that can still dolhpin diving dive with out being hit but still do one shot kills?
    Dolphin diving and prone spamming are essentially useless in 1.4.

Leave a comment:

• gervish
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Ali G
    No, you are wrong, the guy clearly said "Hit points will be jacked up and the battles will last a lot longer" in the 40+ minute video released. Last I heard, hit point = health.

Link to vid?

Leave a comment:

• Ali G
    Guest replied

Originally posted by DuffMan
    Er, health hasn't been increased; damage has been decreased.

And you obviously missed the part in the first post which says the med packs effectiveness has been reduced to prevent said exploit.
    No, you are wrong, the guy clearly said "Hit points will be jacked up and the battles will last a lot longer" in the 40+ minute video released. Last I heard, hit point = health.

Leave a comment:

• GunHappyBob
    replied

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
    What about the people that can still dolhpin diving dive with out being hit but still do one shot kills?
    That roll dive is the worst thing that has happened to this game. I bet 1/5 of my deaths are attributed to a guy roll diving and getting a one hit kill. And when you point the fact out you seem to get called a noob for not having skill. But whatever.

Leave a comment:

• N2K
    Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• GunHappyBob
    replied

I would actually enjoy a map without arty. Every map has it, would be nice to have one that doesn't. And he's correct, it doesn't take skill to use armor. As much as you'd like to think it does, we know it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X