X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPrivateXRyanX
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Some of you have been asking for a Change Log I have this one but I'm not sure if its official or not Someone from my Clan posted it.

:::Changelog:::

Battlefield 2™: V1.4
    ReadMe File
    June 30, 2006
    ===================

Patch v1.4
    ===================

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
    enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
    to artillery.
    - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
    - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
    - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
    - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
    - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
    - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
    - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
    - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
    - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
    - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
    - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
    weapons.
    - Changelog by: i3d.nl EA Trusted Partner
    - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
    - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
    - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
    on ranked servers. (Lowered)
    - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
    - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
    - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
    spawned in during the preview round.
    - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
    if the server host is kicked and banned.
    - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
    - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods

Leave a comment:

• AFEDslayer
    Guest replied

i have yet to play the beta, as it is still downloading. But so far from what i have read i like the sound of the IO mode, and especialy the commander with only uav, scan. So he can spot out enemy targets to squads. No need for artilery. the only think i may reccomend for the io mode is that it includes some sort of transport, have it be buggies, humvees, vodics. Either way this sounds good. I will go test out this patch and let ya know my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Flares
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    OK CKMC you did ask so I'll summarise
    - Change the weapons damage back to core BF2 values. Stop nerfing your game!!!
    - Infantry mode is unranked
    - Heavy transport, light transport, atv, transport choppers and ribs should stay

If you must nerf, NERF UP. If a weapon is too powerful make the other weapons more powerful to counter it. Not the other way round - nerfing down kills the game
    Take a hypothetical example -
    The blackhawk used to be too powerful
    Solution - make the other tranports equally powerful. Give infantry a portable stinger. That is all.
    The G36e is too powerful
    Solution - Make the M16 as powerful and as accurate
    The J10 is far better than the F35b
    Solution - Fix the F35b missiles. Give the F35b an advantage like a very effective airbrake utilising its VTOL

Doing the above - nerfing UP - makes everyone happy
    Doing the opposite - nerfing DOWN - ****es players off
    Think of your customers
    I agree. Infantry only changes like damage decrease, will just make the game too easy and it'll require *less" skill than before. Over a series of patches, DICE have continued to dumb down the game and the changes listed by the OP will only dumb things down further imho.
    Also I'd like to see artillery stay, but remove scan and UAV. Artillery strikes would then either be blind, or as they should be - called in by another player on the ground onto a target. Communication and teamwork are skills, not just how quickly you can pull the trigger.

Leave damage, respawn and revive times alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Keep in the transport vehicles.
    Remove armour, jets and helicopter gunships.
    Keep CO artillery.
    Remove CO scan and/or UAV.

Leave a comment:

• squeak
    Guest replied

I love all the new changes so far good job you made me so happy

Leave a comment:

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest replied

Originally posted by jlspence
    Clarke posted in the EA UK forums that both the respawn time and the revive time were a server variable adjustable by the admins.

See third post in the thread below:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...601201650d8fc5
    Yes - apologies I am trying to keep all the forums equally updated. Thanks for the assist.

I still encourage everyone to check out this new option before passing judgement while also keeping in mind it is an option so if its not to your style then you can easily avoid servers that use it.

Leave a comment:

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied

Bah. Infantry is infantry in my opinion. If your going to bring in a new mode, make it as simple as possible.

P.S. Playing infantry games with vehicles in a clan is stupid. I know, ill camp using a jeep machine gun. That will get my infantry skills up.

Yes, it's stupid. It's not counterstrike, it's just anohter game mode for BF2. i would have preffered they didn't f00k up the game to begin with, then people who want to play infantry only could have on modified servers. It's not hard. But no, EA/DICE brink in 'Ranked Servers'. No one wants to play on unranked servers so there are hardly any modified servers.

EA/DICE have made the simplest thing too complicated because of whiners that want to play a USA war game!

Leave a comment:

• Jlspence
    replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r

30 seconds sucks. If you've played PRMM you'll know how long it is :P
    Make it a server variable especially if it is unranked and keep the default at 15. Let the server owner decide what type of gameplay he wants - instant spawn madness, 15 second BF2 fast paced gameplay or 30 second tactical gameplay.
    Clarke posted in the EA UK forums that both the respawn time and the revive time were a server variable adjustable by the admins.

See third post in the thread below:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...601201650d8fc5

Leave a comment:

• fubz
    Guest replied

Wow, i've been waiting for this since the day this game was created.

Leave a comment:

• Slocum
    Guest replied

I dont see the problem with IO being ranked. Everyone has access to it, so it isnt a unfair advatage for anyone from a stats stand point.

I already have PRMM for IO, if vBF2 IO isnt ranked why would i want to play it? Thats right i wouldnt. And from what i have seen so far BF2 IO is almost the exact same as PRMM other than damage.

Leave a comment:

• Sacto_Smithers
    Guest replied

Decreasing damage wont really prolong a firefight in my thoughts, just make things more frustrating.

The only thing I could ever hope for in a patch is to be able to spot mines and claymores to warn teammates, and have the spot last for at least 30-60 seconds on the map.

Regardless of how the patches turn out, Ill still probably be playing and having a good time.

EDIT - In regards to infantry only being ranked or unranked, if theres any transport vehicles at all, I would definately say it needs to be unranked. Like a knife or pistol server, this modifies gameplay, and there could be a nice battle going on, and the guy in the HMMWV comes in and roadkills people left and right, thereby making it pretty easy to get veteran/expert transport badges. Also, having jeeps/buggies on Wake would mean no one gets to the main island, with having all available transports driving to the beaches and gunning down boats before they have a chance to reach land. If its going to be infantry only, I would say it definately needs to be infantry only.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Pmosh
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Sub_zer0
    I think it would be unfair to not have a 64 player map Its part of the game in real life you gotta walk sure a few jeeps would be handy but its not fair limeting such game modes fo only one type of map msome people might want large scale infantry maps no one if forcing you to join a 64 player inf map.
    Walk? I paid for bf2 vanilla with vehicles. Now to make points I would have to play without them because some whiners want to chage the gameplay.

NO!! Is a retard thing to walk all that way to get there an the the whole mec team is wating for you with claymores c4 etc. Infantry in ranked server NO WAY! it will unbalance the gameplay.

I want the jets, the choppers, the tanks apc etc. If the game was going to be infantry only i should have buyed CS 1.6

Bf2 maps are made for vehicles!

Leave a comment:

• BurningMonkeyFur
    Guest replied

I prefer these changes, such as the decreased damage and increased waiting,time, it'll make me feel so much more tactical, and I'll be using my smoke nades a LOT more =D Only thing that would make me sad, would be travelling across half the map in 15 mins only to be killed by some random sniper in the distance.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
    My vote: Infantry only, dont change anything else. Keep the damage, respawn time, and everything else the same.

This should stay unranked. From my standpoint, the reason why Knife and Pistol servers are not allowed, is because it creates an environment that is different for getting your stats, whether they be knife/pistol badges, or just plain old kill points. It creates a situation that could not be replicated on a standard server, and is hence, Stat padding. That same would hold true for these infantry servers. They create a situation for obtaining stats that is different from any normal ranked server.
    agreed 100%
    Originally posted by subzero
    I think it would be unfair to not have a 64 player map Its part of the game in real life you gotta walk sure a few jeeps would be handy but its not fair limeting such game modes fo only one type of map msome people might want large scale infantry maps no one if forcing you to join a 64 player inf map.
    agreed
    Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
    Infantry only in 64 maps don't work! If you are in U.S. team you have to walk a lot in some maps. Put some buggys or jeeps.
    agreed

no thats why spawn time is diffrent the idea behind them is to create a more tacticle battle no jsut run in screaming and getting shot then you have to wait 30 seconds its meant to make you think and work as a team.
    30 seconds sucks. If you've played PRMM you'll know how long it is :P
    Make it a server variable especially if it is unranked and keep the default at 15. Let the server owner decide what type of gameplay he wants - instant spawn madness, 15 second BF2 fast paced gameplay or 30 second tactical gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• Sub_zer0
    Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• [2bit]Modmaven
    Guest replied

Prediction: On all maps with a carrier, All boats will take off with one person in them, leaving everyone else to swim for it.

Off hand I cant remember how many people a RIB holds (5?). A 64 player Wake map, US side, you would need 12+ boats, just to fit evertyone....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X