• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sknight
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
    My vote: Infantry only, dont change anything else. Keep the damage, respawn time, and everything else the same.

This should stay unranked. From my standpoint, the reason why Knife and Pistol servers are not allowed, is because it creates an environment that is different for getting your stats, whether they be knife/pistol badges, or just plain old kill points. It creates a situation that could not be replicated on a standard server, and is hence, Stat padding. That same would hold true for these infantry servers. They create a situation for obtaining stats that is different from any normal ranked server.
    You're right in your logic, but I'd like it to be ranked anyway. If there is some way to make it balanced compared to infantry + vehicles then I say go for it. I don't mind them hard coding the values as he said in a previous post.

Leave a comment:

• DuffMan
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
    Infantry only in 64 maps don't work! If you are in U.S. team you have to walk a lot in some maps. Put some buggys or jeeps.
    Don't play on servers with large maps with IO on then...admins will soon learn and IO will only be enabled on the right maps.

Leave a comment:

• Sub_zer0
    Guest replied

no thats why spawn time is diffrent the idea behind them is to create a more tacticle battle no jsut run in screaming and getting shot then you have to wait 30 seconds its meant to make you think and work as a team.

Leave a comment:

• DeadCRAP_
    replied

agreed

Leave a comment:

• Mr Pmosh
    Guest replied

Infantry only in 64 maps don't work! If you are in U.S. team you have to walk a lot in some maps. Put some buggys or jeeps.

Infantry only will kill regular bf2. Everyone would only play city maps with infantry only setting. Server with regular maps would be empty. When DIce nerfed the Black HAwk maps like shongua and mashtur the gameplay changed so much no one play those maps anymore like before. Shongua is a map that empty a full server if you put it in rotation. Bf2 regular maps are made for vehicles. Thanks to the CS 1.6 whiners that come to bf2 are making dice turn this game into CS 1.6.

Leave a comment:

• [2bit]Modmaven
    Guest replied

My vote: Infantry only, dont change anything else. Keep the damage, respawn time, and everything else the same.

This should stay unranked. From my standpoint, the reason why Knife and Pistol servers are not allowed, is because it creates an environment that is different for getting your stats, whether they be knife/pistol badges, or just plain old kill points. It creates a situation that could not be replicated on a standard server, and is hence, Stat padding. That same would hold true for these infantry servers. They create a situation for obtaining stats that is different from any normal ranked server.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

Originally posted by JoeMango
    Have you ever playerd an infantry match? That is not how they are played. Infantry is infantry. EA/DICE are introducing a game mode to cater for those who enjoy INFANTRY ONLY.

Infantry on a 64 player map? Thats just stupid.

You clearly don't understand the concept of infantry only.

This isn't 'BF2 with a few leass vehicles' mode.
    Wrong wrong and wrong
    Firstly I am a member of a clan so I damn well know what infantry matches involve. Unless the map size is 16, all vehicles bar tanks, apcs, aavs, attack choppers, jets and sometimes transport choppers are allowed.

Secondly why is that stupid? What do you think Karkand and Sharqi are for 58+ of the 64 players on a full server? Why would you selfishly prevent someone who wants to run around on a full server because it happens not to appeal to you.

Thirdly this is not counterstrike thank the gods. This is battlefield. This is modern combat. Modern combat has vehicles. Infantry mode is BF2 should be aimed at removing the heavy combat vehicles that are so overpowering for infantry. That leaves transports. They can only enhance the gameplay. Again it is not broken, do not fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Sub_zer0
    Guest replied

Can't you have medpacks decided by the map size? 64 = 5 32 = 4 and 16 = 3 ?
    Also can it be possible to have it so the medbags and shockpaddles are not on the same recharge timer (when you just put some med packs down and you need to revive but can't it sucks)

Leave a comment:

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied

Originally posted by =50k=MG
    we dont really need any changes to the gameplay side of things in infantry only mode,alls we want is that you take away the heavy armour and leave the gameplay as it is and maybe throw in a few transport vehicles.

this is what peevs so many players off when you tinker with the gameplay from patch to patch.
    They are not tinkering with the core gameplay though. They are adding something that infantry only players will appreciate.

EA/DICE can do whatever they want when they bring in a new game mode. BF2 conquest was fine at first. It was the nerfing that ruined it. BF2 infantry will be great, but it seems many want to play the hollywood type game of blackhawk down on karkand. It won't work.

Leave a comment:

• Komet.nl
    Guest replied

Thanks Dice for listening!

I think like Wake with RIB'S would be cool..

And nerf the game up as said and someon on Teamspeak (He told me that I had to say it ) Was that he was dissapointed in the way Dolphin Diving Crouch was removed.. Personal I don't have any problems with it..

Also I had rainbow colours in the begin but I think that wasn't BF2 but just me doing some crazy things. And I don't know it feels like the F35B has been nerfed up but if not.. Please nerf the F35B up I would love Wake way more than now

And I think you guys did a great job on the game and how this is handled especially with this open beta :salute:

Good job Dice

~ Jason

Leave a comment:

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    no no and no
    Forstly infantry will need transport
    Secondly Anti-tankers must stay relevant
    Thirdly armor, jets and helicopters are the problem because they are too powerful. Transports are not. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Infantry only mode should cater for 16, 32 and 64 player sizes to please everyone. Suggesting that more players would detract from the game is dangerous nonsense and more reason why this should not be a public free for all discussion about the future of BF2
    Have you ever playerd an infantry match? That is not how they are played. Infantry is infantry. EA/DICE are introducing a game mode to cater for those who enjoy INFANTRY ONLY.

Infantry on a 64 player map? Thats just stupid.

You clearly don't understand the concept of infantry only.

This isn't 'BF2 with a few leass vehicles' mode.

Leave a comment:

• Bonsai
    Guest replied

we dont really need any changes to the gameplay side of things in infantry only mode,alls we want is that you take away the heavy armour and leave the gameplay as it is and maybe throw in a few transport vehicles.

this is what peevs so many players off when you tinker with the gameplay from patch to patch.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

Originally posted by JoeMango
    It's an infantry mod for infantry players! Leave it as infantry!

The whole point of infantry is close quarter battles, ON THE GROUND.

Also, make sure you keep the maps small please. 32 players MAX. Otherwise it will be a noob fest.
    no no and no
    Forstly infantry will need transport
    Secondly Anti-tankers must stay relevant
    Thirdly armor, jets and helicopters are the problem because they are too powerful. Transports are not. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Infantry only mode should cater for 16, 32 and 64 player sizes to please everyone. Suggesting that more players would detract from the game is dangerous nonsense and more reason why this should not be a public free for all discussion about the future of BF2

Leave a comment:

• 3Libras
    Guest replied

Originally posted by colony
    "reinforces player skill (i.e. accuracy, etc)."

So using vehicles takes no skill?
    In a lot of cases, I think so.. There's just been way, way too many times where I'm dominating infantry and some lame apc comes around the corner and kills me with bs splash damage. There's lots of solutions to this but it'd be really fun to get the urban maps with lots of players and not so many vehicles. Also, it's to note that it's always the same lame ass in the apc, spamming the same alley.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Colin rolls for question evasion
    Colin rolls 1 + 5 = 6
    Colin fails his question evasion roll

So the question of ranking for this option is still open and we are eager to see the feedback from the beta. Though one problem is we would then have to hardcode certain settings (such as respawn times) to ensure its even across all servers.

So - check it out and then let your voice be heard (in text).
    Thank you Colin! It wasnt that hard was it?

Seriously, its nice to see a question being answered, alot of the time it feels like you (as a random BF2 player) are completely helpless and have no way of getting your points across in a manner you (DICE) can understand and work with. Like someone else said in another thread, in the past DICE have tended to make changes based on the comments of (and i dont like the term much) 'whiners' that really, didnt need changing at all so hopefully you can filter through those.

Im a server admin for (probably) the biggest BF2 community (not a clan, a community) in the UK. We have three ranked servers which are very popular, and im sure youve heard it before, but its people like us who play practically everyday, for the fun, and teamwork side of BF2 and not for Clan status or points and exist solely on the donations of our members which feel as though we dont get our voices heard. We would love to give your constructive points on all things BF2 without all the whining some forums tend to bring (be it gamewise, PR wise whatever) but we dont get the chance, or we post on forums like these and get drowned out by 100 whines. If you would like to hear our thoughts, and id hope you would. Please take the time to have a quick look at our forums or if you can be bothered, register (www.50klicks.com)

I will admit, ever since 1.2/1.3 i have been a huge sceptic of EA/DICE methods in dealing with bugs and the community, particularly after our servers crashed for the 6th time in the space of as many hours. But i will freely admit you have restored a considerable dose of faith in me personally with both your response here and the Open Beta of 1.4

I thank you for answering my question honestly Colin and look forward to seeing you sign up at our community some day!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X