X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

It's an infantry mod for infantry players! Leave it as infantry!

The whole point of infantry is close quarter battles, ON THE GROUND.

Also, make sure you keep the maps small please. 32 players MAX. Otherwise it will be a noob fest.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

OK CKMC you did ask so I'll summarise
    - Change the weapons damage back to core BF2 values. Stop nerfing your game!!!
    - Infantry mode is unranked
    - Heavy transport, light transport, atv, transport choppers and ribs should stay

If you must nerf, NERF UP. If a weapon is too powerful make the other weapons more powerful to counter it. Not the other way round - nerfing down kills the game
    Take a hypothetical example -
    The blackhawk used to be too powerful
    Solution - make the other tranports equally powerful. Give infantry a portable stinger. That is all.
    The G36e is too powerful
    Solution - Make the M16 as powerful and as accurate
    The J10 is far better than the F35b
    Solution - Fix the F35b missiles. Give the F35b an advantage like a very effective airbrake utilising its VTOL

Doing the above - nerfing UP - makes everyone happy
    Doing the opposite - nerfing DOWN - ****es players off
    Think of your customers

Edit Colin Clarke - I asked you before and I'll ask again
    Please do not take feedback in this way. You MUST if you are to achieve any useful feedback invite selected members of a forum like this for their feedback. Approach individuals - let the people who have proven themselves here have their voices heard above the complaints from a new player who has just had his ass handed to him

People here like Harmor, Metallicaguitarist, Planewhore, Wargimp, Rombaft, ||bfa||variable, Eternal-Souljah, bitvomit, troybob, Hu.Z_of_PLA to name but a few. There are not many more.
    There are not many who I would trust with this game but there are perhaps 10-20 here active on these forums who know what they are talking about and you should listen to them as well. Because those intelligent and passionate voices represent the community and will give you the feedback you need
    If you want to know what a nation thinks you don't ask the man in the street. You ask the politician or the newsreporter. Similarly with this game you don't ask the common player - you ask the community moderators, the senior members and the clan leaders.
    Please do it this time if you are really serious about this feedback and public relations

Leave a comment:

• imported_Nefarious
    replied

Infantry only is a great idea, all those other options included (i.e longer spawn time, less medics bags) bad idea. If u've ever gone to full 64 player SAK maps, u'll see some A-class infantry warfare, even with the arty and vehicles. Infantry mode is a great idea, unless u take it too far, which has occured in this situation. I truly appreciatte the idea DICE/EA has created, knowning they listened to us, but unfortunatly they haven't followed through all the way.

Leave a comment:

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest replied

Colin rolls for question evasion
    Colin rolls 1 + 5 = 6
    Colin fails his question evasion roll

So the question of ranking for this option is still open and we are eager to see the feedback from the beta. Though one problem is we would then have to hardcode certain settings (such as respawn times) to ensure its even across all servers.

So - check it out and then let your voice be heard (in text).

Leave a comment:

• imported_JoeMango
    Guest replied

Nice to see your asking for opinions on the new Infantry mode. In order for you to actually make use of this thread, please don't listen to these people who have no clue about infantry modes.

My main criticism with DICE/EA is that you have only listened to the whiners in the game. Now that you have posted this on totalbf2.com, you are most likely to get a lot of retarded replys.

I think these new options for the infantry only mode seem pretty good at the moment. Lot's of new ways which focus on fun infantry battles. Aswell as involving more thinking.

All of these people that whine about the infantry game changes, no commander UAV or scans, no vehicles, increased amounts of hitpoints are the same who have already ruined the game for myself and a lot of other competetive players.

The introduction of this new infantry mode will hopefully bring back a bit of competition to BF2, after you killed most of it by taking out squadhopping and adding stupid things such as jeep drops. You have given EA/DICE and the Battlefield series a bad name with your latest patches, catering for the whiners. The amout of nerfs to the game have been a joke. You seem to have used this forum to get your ideas, and look where it's got you. Look how many people have probelms with BF2. Trust me, a lot of people have stopped playing the game, especially clans.

I know you are not going to be able to go back to the 1.2 patch, the best one in my opinion, 1.3 was a joke. But please, stop listening to those who whine about minor problems. You have changed the gameplay way too much over the past year. It's not fun anymore.

Finally you seem to be giving something half decent back. I'd still like to play a Battlefield not plagued with 'Stat Whores' and a million Karkand servers. Unfortunately there are a lot of these kiddies and thats what gets EA thier money.

I don't like it how BF2 has turned into an Infantry only game whith the amount of nerfs you have made to make infantry easier for noobies. This would be perfect if BF was still enjoyable on public servers and in clan matches, but thats life and thats what quakewars is for.

Well done though in making an infantry only mode though, even though clans and mods have been around that enabled this for over 6 months. Hopefully you will make it like BF 1942 was. Easy to play, have fun, but hard to master. Don't listen too much to those that have already ruined the game for many people.

The core gameplay seems fine at the moment in this mode, don't go OTT like you did on BF2 which took the fun out of it for many people.

P.S, in that interview DICE had with those clan members, the guy clearly knew that removing squad jumping was a mistake and that a LOT of people disliked it, but you still went ahead. Now squads are useless. Even after a 10,000+ person petition.

It was also funny when you said that in 2142 squadleaders will have a constant UAV over thier head. Don't you think the game will be full of squadleaders? lol. No teamwork there, just an advantage for someone to get his latest badge!

Leave a comment:

• colony
    Guest replied

Originally posted by IndianScout
    better get to swimming
    :laugh: I hope you arent serious!

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

If you havent decided whether its for ranked or unranked then just say for christ sake, dont just Neglect to answer the question. this is what hacks alot of people off about the way EA/DICE interact with the community. Instead of being honest, they either skirt around the issue or just completely ignore the questions/comments.

Leave a comment:

• TAoSoFKos
    Guest replied

Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.

I don't like this one. I think, it will only allow players not to make decisions and bunnyhop their way thru everything.

Everything else sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• IndianScout
    Guest replied

better get to swimming

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    this I am fine with and almost everyone else is too.
    Just don't make a mess of things by pretending you know what people want
    Players just want BF2 as it is with an infantry only mode with no armour and no aerial assets and no artillery. That is all. Adding ANYTHING else is begging for trouble and IS NOT WANTED.

I fully agree with this, why add all this extra stuff that no one wants when all you had to do was remove all the vehicles? (bar a few transports)

Leave a comment:

• Mr Pmosh
    Guest replied

What about the new map and the other maps without carrier in 64 player with no infantry? If you are U.S. is a long walk to the first flag. Atleast some jeeps and buggys would be fine. But walking all the way to first flag if your team get killed is all that walking again.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

Questions
    Is UAV and Scan still ingame?
    Are heavy and light transports still ingame? (there damn well should be - transport choppers should stay as well if you do intend to keep them as they currently are in 1.3)
    Is infantry mode on every map?

Now to the criticism...
    Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire.
    You should not be changing the damage AT ALL. It should be BF2 with no combat vehicles. Why on earth would you guys make things more complicated than they need to be. Besides most people reckon (myself included) that it takes TOO LONG and TOO MANY BULLETS to kill a hostile. If anything the damage should be upped and most will agree. The biggest liability that DICE has when it comes to gameplay is thinking realism is bad. The reason that BF2 is so popular is because it is so close to realism - the silly unrealistic choices and decisions that have been added ingame annoy players not reassure them.
    Commander without Artillery or Vehicles

Longer spawn time – The long respawn also creates an incentive to change up the manner in which the game is played. There is a greater consequence on death. We also saw the need to slow the pace of the game down somewhat in order to increase the intensity.

Longer Revive Time – This helps to compensate for the long spawn time. With 30 seconds of revive time, there is a greater chance to be revived. This is also beneficial since there is a greater need to revive players. The extra time also allows for medics to give some thought as to when to revive a player. Medics can allow dangers to pass then revive a player rather than being required to rush into danger.

Reduce health pack replenish – This is a rebalance of the medic class to prevent exploits created by the reduction in damage.

RIBs & Parachutes left in game – Some maps require water transport or parachutes to work.

TOW missile left in place
    this I am fine with and almost everyone else is too.
    Just don't make a mess of things by pretending you know what people want
    Players just want BF2 as it is with an infantry only mode with no armour and no aerial assets and no artillery. That is all. Adding ANYTHING else is begging for trouble and IS NOT WANTED.

BTW if this mode is ranked I WILL cry. BF2 is awesome and infantry mode is a free gift to the clans for their competitions as reward for hosting servers. Making infantry only mode ranked would cheapen Battlefield beyond recognition. It should be an unranked gametype like coop - it cannot be anything else simply by the gameplay that will exist

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Still no one has answered;

Will Infantry Only be available on ranked servers? Yes or No will suffice!

Leave a comment:

• colony
    Guest replied

O, CKMC, since you are giving us the info about the new game mode, what about any other changes?

I havent seen any changelog yet, so I'm not really sure what to look for.

I've heard some reports that F35b was tweaked and/or Air to Air missile code was tweaked and/or J10 was tweaked but I havent been able to try this myself.

Any word on the fixes/changes we should be looking for?

Leave a comment:

• sknight
    Guest replied

Where is the best place for critique? The sticky on this forum makes it sound like it's only for error reporting. Should we also include critiques in that thread as well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X