Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Just wanted to point out how stupid this idea is, not to be a jerk or anything but wow... just... no.
    How? Just because it's not classic Battlefield?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
      This reminds me of when PC Gamer magazine predicted the BF3 release about 2 years ago. They got hold of that fake PDF and wrote a two page article about it
      Yeah and they even had a picture of a real-life soldier holding a gun that caused a whole argument between Chris_Redfield and someone else/some other people... I think... lol

Comment

BS I'll believe it when I hold the retail box in my hand and have the disk spin in my DVD drive.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more attractive a WW2 vehicle-focused battle would be with Frostbite DX... I'm sold. Howizters, B17s, Stukas, Shermans and Tigers... wow!

I'd prefer that they did something different with the next BF game, but I'm not sure what.

I really like the idea of Flak guns versus missiles and removing some of the other gameplay elements like UAV, Commander, etc. in favor of an AI commander who provides support as needed. More player-controlled tasks are desired...

I love to fly helos. I strangely like to fly around the battlefield delivering supplies, setting up minefields, repairing vehicles and such. It would be cool to have more "support" type roles built into the game.

Anyways, I'm not holding my breath for BF3. Instead, I'm busy making my own personal minimod for BF2 and that's been very entertaining and rewarding.

Comment

carpet bombing with a b-17 in a city with destructible buildings.
            driving a Tiger tank trough the walls of a house in remade bigger maps of berlin or stalingrad.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
              carpet bombing with a b-17 in a city with destructible buildings.
              driving a Tiger tank trough the walls of a house in remade bigger maps of berlin or stalingrad.
              i just cummed

Comment

BF3:Civil War

Each round we all stand in a line opposite each other and take it in turns to take pot shots at eachother, The last man standing wins

P.S. I still think BF3: Pirates would be the business...

Comment

I hope to god its not a WW2 game.

Comment

I would like the game to be primarily modern day, but hopefully some modders will step up and get something WW2 going.

I tried to reinstall BF2 to get FH2 and CQB 1.9 running, but it would simply crash halfway through installation

I wish i could play.

Comment

Originally posted by [130.Pz]W.Fuchs View Post
                      To be honest the Modern Combat theme is also boring me now. All games about the brave American soldier who fights like Rambo and his mateys against the evil and bad terrorists who in some way got a nuke.
                      Americans don't get offended, just my opinion about games these days.
                      I would cream on a Battlefield Vietnam with the Mirrors Edge technology. Imagine how fightning in a dense jungle would become, jumping over logs, fighting melee with a Vietcong trying to stab him with your knife while hes trying to do the same with a big machette, close quarters battles in Saigon, pwning **** with your Huey. Ahhh beautiful.. Now I feel like playing BF:V.
                      Hmmmm.

Actually BF2 is one of the very games that is neutral.

The UAV is the one thing why I never play vanilla and only aircraft in AIX.

The idea of the UAV is good, but the way it is done is just teh uber suck.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^= View Post
                        BF3:Civil War

Each round we all stand in a line opposite each other and take it in turns to take pot shots at eachother, The last man standing wins

P.S. I still think BF3: Pirates would be the business...
                        turn based FPS games FTW!!!:yay:

Comment

Edit: Oops, I apologise in advance for the walls-o-text.

Wow, I'm honestly surprised there are so many people that want the commander and UAV either removed or toned down. With the way BF2142 went with all the scanning equipment often times my minimap looks like a puddle in a rainstorm with all the ripples so I figured that more detection was what the people wanted. (It's vat de people vant!) Nice to know I'm not alone with wanting a bit more self-reliance and stealth. I always liked how it was possible to sneak through jungles and backroads in BF1942/BFV and assault a base by surprise instead of a commander being able to spot you ahead of time or put up a UAV over you and completely remove your stealth.

If it's WW2 (and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't scream for joy like a schoolgirl if they decided on a WW2 game :thumbsup: ) then a predator drone or commander with satscan et. al. would simply be out of place for the era so it'd be easy to justify removing it in that case, but if it goes modern era like BF2 what they should do, if they insist on keeping the predator around, is make the commander actually manually fly it instead of just clicking and have it spin around for 30 seconds while he does other things. He could have some sort of control station just like he does in BF2 for it and he'd have to enter it (like a stationary vehicle) to be able to control the drone, and it would move slowly, but would be able to fly all around the map. When it gets destroyed a new one could spawn at the UAV station and he'd have to launch it and fly it to where he wanted it to go, etc. That way he'd actually have to be commanding it the whole time, and that could take the place of right-click spotting. Satscan should still be in, but right-click spot spam is a bit overpowered, so if he sees a large concentration of troops over an area, he should hop in the UAV station and fly the drone over it.

Or maybe just make the whole command station a 'vehicle' that only the commander can enter, and only while he's inside can he do satscan, uav overflights, artillery (if it's in), supply drops, and such. The vehicle would be destroyable like any other, and while it's toast the commander's essentially disabled, but it would have to be very difficult to destroy (a lot of hits...maybe 10 C4). Maybe even have it's own MG nests and stationary stingers or something so the commander can protect against sappers. That would prevent 'field commanders' from going out and fighting or taking vehicles while they try to command (as well as hoarding all the supply drops for their own tank, heh), and it would also give the commander some kind of protection while he's doing his job. Or something.

Oh well, whatever they decide to do, whether WW2, modern era, future, or w/e, I know I'll buy it because I'm addicted to BF. :salute:

Comment

There are some very good ideas within Wolfgangs's list... I love the idea of the Commander actually having to do something like pilot the UAV. Brilliant.

I'm using a scout plane and an ultra-lite in my BF2 minimod to provide UAV functionality. Hmmm, it's the opposite of a UAV... since it has a pilot. The cool thing is you've got to fly it over the area you're interested in scouting/scanning and you're pretty vulnerable up there. It's a blast.

I like the idea of taking out the "computed results" as much as possible and put more functionality under player control. What I mean by that is make the player responsible for the action and not the game engine. I'd rather shoot AA projectiles at a vehicle than just fire and forget a missile. I'd rather fly a Piper Cub scout plane around the map then to send up a UAV. I'd rather "play" at wargaming than just shoot and have everything else provided.

I am also addicted to BF gaming. I've tried all the rest of the games in the genre and they just don't do it for me like BF does.

Comment

I think when they do start making, or admit that they already have, "BF3" (I don't think that's what it will be called because of all the "we aren't making a BF3" statements) it will be very obvious and public. They will let us know and until then, we just need to be patient.

I don't think they'll let us know anything until they finish releasing the updates for BF2142 and BF2 first. Hopefully those will be the last ones for those to games too.

As for the BF2142/BF2 arguments still going around: get over it.
                              The next real BF game will be awesome no matter what setting it is. I just hope they keep the same squad/commander set-up as it exists in BF2142. It really ensure the most teamwork out of any game I've ever played!

Comment

heh remember when BF2142 walker video was on youtube before the game was announced?

i was always saying it was a mod for BF2....

but still, the way we found out was pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X