IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

If you look at the sales figures, at least here in the UK it did very well when it was released. Obviously, another WW2 game syndrome has been around for a while, and with good reason a lot of companies try to cash in on the WW2 setting without doing anything really new with their games. Modern setting has shown that it sells, however, personally I really hope they have done something really new and inventive at DICE for BF3 (if it even ever comes )

Comment

I dont care where its set, as long as its not the far future (ohno)

Comment

to be honest i'm more bored of the modern setting then WW2, that's why I'd like a WW2 BF3

there may be alot of WW2 games but none has vehicles and large maps, they are all pretty generic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by View Post
          I dont care where its set, as long as its not the far future (ohno)
          2142 v2... I'd seriously sh*t my pants with joy if DICE did that...

I do believe a WW2 game would do pretty good, the infamous "not another WW2 game" has been around for a while but considering the amounts of modern warfare games coming out lately a new WW2 battlefield in a year or so could do great.

BF1942 was good but lack a lot of what makes the later games so great.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
            BF1942 was good but lack a lot of what makes the later games so great.
            Well obviously.... the point I was trying to make is that there is nothing wrong with making a game with a WW2 setting aslong as there is something dynamic about the game, it makes seeing the same weapons and same maps over and over bearable. Examples of this would be CoH, RO, CoD to an extent and a few others.

Comment

imagine a WW2 BF1942 remade with the frostbite engine, great new graphics, good physics, destructible buildings to destroy with artillery, battleships, and bombers, 3 guns for each class like the newer battlefield games, squads, 5 armies with different guns and vehicles.

how many WW2 games are out there that can do this? its ww2 epicness to a whole new level, just like 1942 was for its time.

just thinking of that makes me drool!

but yes, most probably its modern warfare, and if it is, it will most likely still kick ***.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                imagine a WW2 BF1942 remade with the frostbite engine, great new graphics, good physics, destructible buildings to destroy with artillery, battleships, and bombers, 3 guns for each class like the newer battlefield games, squads, 5 armies with different guns and vehicles.

how many WW2 games are out there that can do this? its ww2 epicness to a whole new level, just like 1942 was for its time.

just thinking of that makes me drool!

but yes, most probably its modern warfare, and if it is, it will most likely still kick ***.
                Yeah, that would be great, but there'd be more people playing it if it were modern warfare.

Comment

I suspect spring/summer announcement for Christmas release.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                    I suspect spring/summer announcement for Christmas release.
                    if not i'll get my anger powered jetpacks and fly to dice's headquarters.

Comment

I dont expect anything very GOOD

by the way there been going downhill since 1942 the old school hardcore player gets nothing!!:salute:

PLZ no-

commander arty(will make battles last longer)

no uav(makes battles fair and promotes the use of your eyeballs:shock

NO FRIGN LASER CRAP!

the made 2142,badcompany,hereos for the kiddies now how about a real game for us old schoolerz:cry:

Frign dice u suk let someone else make it:evil:

BTW it was anounced last year on ign that bf3 will be 2009

Comment

That's highly constructive Rambo, cheers for your input

Comment

That's highly constructive Rambo, cheers for your input
                          Do you know how much more fun battles could be if there weren't UAVs, commander scans, and radars everywhere in BF2/2142?

Comment

I think they are vital to gameplay, but their impact should be limited. Undercover kits, like people thought spec ops were at one point) would be cool.

But, UAV's add to commander/squad teamwork

Comment

WEll i think uav and commander arty ruins a good firefight , and 1942 was perfect without that stuff,but that just me

oh and pls add flak cannons for AA as i used to love covering the sky with fire(it would bring back balance to the force:P)

just remake 1942 content!make it modern and the perfect game can be born

battleships are a must,Arty like POE is a must:salute:IMO

some more melae moves would be good also

oh and hand held stingers are std since 1970 so why leave that out?

Comment

I think they are vital to gameplay, but their impact should be limited. Undercover kits, like people thought spec ops were at one point) would be cool.

But, UAV's add to commander/squad teamwork
                                I think less UAVs and radars would make the game more tactical. And the commo rose is there for a reason. It's such a great tactical tool, I think we could live without the UAV overhead all the time. The recharge time should be longer and it should have a slow update time like CoD4.

Sat track needs to be seriously nerfed though, 30 seconds in between seeing every enemy on the map, only exception is if you use the 2142 sniper decoy. The commander should have to use to zoom to spot targets.
                                Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post
                                some more melae moves would be good also
                                Melee, we already have a knife, and BF isn't really fast paced enough to need a melee key imo.

oh and hand held stingers are std since 1970 so why leave that out?
                                I agree, BFV had a portable AA. The unlocks for anti-tank should've been the RPG and the Stinger replacing the SRAW/Eryx instead of replacing the SMG.

Comment

Working...
                                X