IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

I saw this on the IGN and gametrailers page today.......not sure if they are jumping the gun or perhaps they know something we do not because its a pretty bold thing to publish without any kind of a inside tip.

IGN PC 2009 Preview
    Want to know what to expect from 2009? We offer predictions and picks for the year ahead.

US, January 20, 2009 - Whether you're looking for strategy games, first-person shooters, action titles, role-playing games or persistent online worlds, you'll find something to like about 2009's lineup.

Battlefield 3 Announced

Now that Battlefield: Bad Company for the consoles and Mirror's Edge are out the door and Battlefield Heroes a lot closer to launch, the folks up at DICE have a lot of time on their hands. There have been rumblings for years that DICE is working on a follow-up to its 2005 smash hit Battlefield 2, and we're confident that the boys (and girls) at the Swedish studio are going to finally announce a sequel, to the delight of PC gamers everywhere. After all, despite being four years old this year, nothing has come close to matching Battlefield 2's wild blend of large-scale multiplayer warfare. Well, nothing except Battlefield 2142, the sci-fi follow-up, but we're hoping Battlefield 3 returns the series to the familiar and popular setting of modern warfare.

Re: IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

It would seem pretty likely for it to be announced some time this spring, but of course we have no idea how far DICE has gotten with the game. My guess is that it will be announced either at the launch of the BF2 1.50 patch or when BFH is made public.

Comment

well yeah its only logical that the next game they announce is BF(3), and makes sense it is this year, they said they had loads of games being made with the "battlefield" name, but 2009 just started, and how longer are the pc gamers going to wait while console fanboys everywhere are making fun of us.

don't let us down dice, show everyone that when you speak PC, you mean business.

personally I'm hoping for a WWII battlefield game, i want multiplayer WWII vehicle madness with a new engine, BF1942 was godlike but the engine is way too outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER
        personally I'm hoping for a WWII battlefield game, i want multiplayer WWII vehicle madness with a new engine, BF1942 was godlike but the engine is way too outdated.
        I would prefer that as well, imagine BF:BC PC-fied with WW2 weapons... epic

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
          I would prefer that as well, imagine BF:BC PC-fied with WW2 weapons... epic
          cant say in words how that would be awesome, so:

battleships or B-17 with destructible buildings:weo::weo::weo:

Comment

I don't think WW2 would be good, and I wouldn't get my hopes up for a WW2 BF3 if I were you guys.

Comment

If you want a WW2 BF2 style gameplay then play FH2.

Comment

by that logic i could say "if you want modern combat go play Project reality."

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                  by that logic i could say "if you want modern combat go play Project reality."
                  But BF2 is already modern combat, so no thanks.

Statistically speaking, though, modern combat games always do better (better as in amount of players online) than WW2/futuristic. I don't know about you, but I want BF2 to be extremely epic, with more players than CoD4. I'm willing to bet that that is only possible if BF3 is modern warfare.

Comment

its most probable its modern warfare, if it is hell yeah i want it to be epic too, big maps with lots of vehicles HELL YEA!

just hoping its not based on a map called karkand 2.0 and only a jeep for each side in the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                      its most probable its modern warfare, if it is hell yeah i want it to be epic too, big maps with lots of vehicles HELL YEA!

just hoping its not based on a map called karkand 2.0 and only a jeep for each side in the whole game.
                      I understand what you're saying, and I hope so, too. I also hope you didn't get the impression that I think WW2 games aren't good, because that's not what I think. It's just that the majority of people prefer modern warfare as opposed to WW2 (or futuristic) so I'd rather DICE to cater to the majority so that BF3 can be hugely successful.

Comment

yeah these days modern warfare seems to sell better.

maybe BF3 will have a good WW2 mod, not saying FH2 is bad, i still play it sometimes, its just that its too realistic for my taste.

Comment

Make another WW2 game and your set for failure just like COD5... Go modern, more fun. If it comes out as a WW2 game I will just play Americas Army 3 instead of battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by evant3k View Post
                            Make another WW2 game and your set for failure just like COD5... Go modern, more fun. If it comes out as a WW2 game I will just play Americas Army 3 instead of battlefield.
                            CoD5 was set for failure because it was made for consoles and not by Infinity Ward.

Comment

If there is another BF it best be modern warefare otherwise I will start setting things on fire :rawr

Comment

Working...
                              X