Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IGN Predicts Battlefield 3 Announcement Soon

Remove the commander.

One thing I really like about BF though is that you don't show up on a radar the instant you shoot like in Crysis or CoD. Too bad the constant UAVs/sat tracks almost ruin it anyway

Comment

Commander on/off option like vehicles and FF. Problem solved.

Comment

about melee moves, every character could be Chuck Norris and you would be able to roundhouse kick every single enemy to the edge of the map (including tanks and planes)

(did you know Chuck Norris beat the sun in a staring contest? and counted to infinity twice?)

Battlefield: Kickass Edition

Comment

How cool it would be if they announced or commercial a teaser at super bowl half time XD

Comment

zzzz this has been said over the last 3 years and its been soon for 3 years.

I guess there just basing the info off what one of the devs said in a interview "it will be a big year for Battlefield" or something like that.

Comment

To be honest the Modern Combat theme is also boring me now. All games about the brave American soldier who fights like Rambo and his mateys against the evil and bad terrorists who in some way got a nuke.
              Americans don't get offended, just my opinion about games these days.
              I would cream on a Battlefield Vietnam with the Mirrors Edge technology. Imagine how fightning in a dense jungle would become, jumping over logs, fighting melee with a Vietcong trying to stab him with your knife while hes trying to do the same with a big machette, close quarters battles in Saigon, pwning **** with your Huey. Ahhh beautiful.. Now I feel like playing BF:V.

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post
                WEll i think uav and commander arty ruins a good firefight
                That is reality bro, ever been to real war? If you are in a fire fight, engaging the enemy, and the predator is on station in the area, you can use it for support, They are the eye in the sky, Arty is also a valuable asset, when you are engaging a much bigger element than that of your 5 or 6 man squad from distances greater than i'd just say 50 meters.

I would like to see it limited though, Maybe only allow them to use UAV when requested by a squad, and not just splash it where the commander wants it, and they could fix the arty reticule so if it covers any friendlies, they cannot drop it on that location, that would just make for a more realistic game, and fire/fight, and greatly attribute to the Team Play Mind set, it would also force the use of in game VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by clementsjd1 View Post
                  That is reality bro, ever been to real war?
                  Ever play a video game?

Comment

In regards to the UAV, I also think it should either go, or be toned down a bunch.

Make it so it's actually a camera on the drone. That way the commander will need to manually spot enemies, and good sniper positions won't be given away simply because the commander can spot everyone on the enemy team with the click of a button.

If that's too much, just dumb it down a bit. If you're inside a concrete building with a roof, underground, or under the carrier... don't have them show up on the UAV. If you're a sniper in a cammo suit hiding in a shrub, don't have them show up on the UAV. If you're outside a building and run in while the UAV is airborne, simply have the UAV indicate that there's a hostile in the building, but don't specify which room and corner the enemy is in. Stuff like that.

Comment

The only reason I want BF3 is so we can have FH3 and PR2 in a few years.

Comment

i just want a new BF game, arcade fun rocks, i dont like realism much.

FH is pretty fun in maps without planes, but in maps with planes its just baseraping madness and it gets annoying.

project reality seems too complicated and i dont feel like taking a degree just to play a game to pass time

Comment

Originally posted by [130.Pz]W.Fuchs View Post
                          To be honest the Modern Combat theme is also boring me now. All games about the brave American soldier who fights like Rambo and his mateys against the evil and bad terrorists who in some way got a nuke.
                          I would cream on a Battlefield Vietnam with the Mirrors Edge technology. Imagine how fightning in a dense jungle would become, jumping over logs, fighting melee with a Vietcong trying to stab him with your knife while hes trying to do the same with a big machette, close quarters battles in Saigon, pwning **** with your Huey. Ahhh beautiful.. Now I feel like playing BF:V.
                          Just wanted to point out how stupid this idea is, not to be a jerk or anything but wow... just... no.

Comment

Originally posted by [130.Pz]W.Fuchs View Post
                            lol you made sence but then u went on a jacobs ladder orange agent trip like in tropic thunder:laugh:

Originally posted by clementsjd1 View Post
                            That is reality bro, ever been to real war? If you are in a fire fight, engaging the enemy, and the predator is on station in the area, you can use it for support, They are the eye in the sky, Arty is also a valuable asset, when you are engaging a much bigger element than that of your 5 or 6 man squad from distances greater than i'd just say 50 meters.

I would like to see it limited though, Maybe only allow them to use UAV when requested by a squad, and not just splash it where the commander wants it, and they could fix the arty reticule so if it covers any friendlies, they cannot drop it on that location, that would just make for a more realistic game, and fire/fight, and greatly attribute to the Team Play Mind set, it would also force the use of in game VOIP.
                            no im not talking about the battle between a donkey and ak47 vs a satalite and nuke.

bring back howies if you want arty:thumbsup:

Comment

We can only hope, it would be well overdue to be fair. This article doesn't fill me with much confidence other than were not the only ones that moar BF!

Comment

This reminds me of when PC Gamer magazine predicted the BF3 release about 2 years ago. They got hold of that fake PDF and wrote a two page article about it

Comment

Working...
                                X