Modern Warfare 3's "Content Season" Begins January 24th on Xbox Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare 3's "Content Season" Begins January 24th on Xbox Live

So, you spent the cash for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, you paid your dues for Xbox Live Gold, and you forked over even more cash for a subscription to Call of Duty Elite. You are now prepared for the start of the "Content Season 2012" for Modern Warfare 3 and TWO all-new maps that drop on January 24th!

Oh, sorry PlayStation 3 and PC players. The content will arrive for you at a later date, even for those PS3 players who paid for Premium on Elite. PC gamers don't even have the option of joining Elite so at least the PS3 owners have that going for them. Also, if you aren't a paying member of Elite on the 360, you will also have to wait.

Enjoy the DLC, everyone*!

* Everyone that is an active 360 Gold member with paid Premium status on Elite

Big flipping deal. Game still looks like garbage.

Comment

Re: Modern Warfare 3's "Content Season" Begins January 24th on Xbox Live

Originally posted by l=l-ONeill-l=l
      Big flipping deal. Game still looks like garbage.
      Minecraft.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
        Minecraft.
        I dont even think he was talking in terms of graphics...

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
          I dont even think he was talking in terms of graphics...
          Unfortunately the posts of an online board cannot provide context.

Comment

Well in regards to the general consensus on these forums as of late, CoD is:

1. What is killing the FPS genre AND the Battlefield series by making it almost similar (though some parts of the latter I do no see, mainly any small indication of something a poster does not like makes BF3 'CoDlike')
            2. A massive Kick in the balls to the PC gaming Platform (The initial Decision to continue not using Ranked Dedicated servers, but I hear that has changed)
            3. Suffering from horrendously Stagnating Gameplay with few changes between games (While MW2 was a low point in the series it did seem to have a significant amount of changes between it and CoD4. MW3 doesn't)
            4. Is not worth it, and is simply that game that is for the Dumbshit masses.
            5. Even in comparison to BF3 this game is, well, Garbage. (on PC at least)

Im actually still wondering why there is still a CoD forum for TGN. Even Valve has been getting more traffic, and it was the most dead section around the time we shortened the Forum down to 3 sections from 6.

Comment

Fortunately a general consensus is not a consensus, therefore the opinions of COD are those exactly, an opinion.
              1. If MW3 has greater popularity and the BF series cannot match this, then let the BF series die. If the consumer is scoffing down a product, then why would you change it? innivation is expensive and risky.
              2. Kick in the balls? yes, some PC ports have been horrible, MW3 is certainly not one of them, I personally prefer P2P over dedicated.
              3. It is a FPS, the gameplay will always remain the same, no change there should be expected. MW2 was not a low, infact was it was resounding high for the series ($).
              4. Masses make money, that is a businesses role. Regardless if you feel it is not 'worth it', a lot of people would disagree. Games appeal to a variety of people, of course not every game will be to a players liking.
              5. Opinion.

While I can understand what you mean Stevo, not every game gamers will like. You cannot deny the MW series is popular, regardless to its 'similarities' it is RARE to see a revolution when it comes to sequels (I said RARE).

I want innovation, it is clear the modern era is becoming over-used, let's move it to the future.

Comment

What I was trying to point out is that (admittedly I can't speak for him) Oneil Possibly wasn't hating on the game for graphics. Like I said, there is general consensus (by that I mean Opinion) on this forum as of late is that CoD is not worth it for the sort of gamers that we are. Pushing graphical boundaries are not the only thing the game is not doing, its barely pushing gameplay boundaries, if at all.

And again, we are gamers, not the business people. Its like with apple. They are successful business people, but just because they make money doesn't mean we all HAVE to like them. It may be their goal, but we should take what we want from that. Their financial success isn't what makes us happy. Success on TGN is measured by our percieved worth of the game.

And the MW series has only been a "good port" because there has been barely any changes to screw up porting. Terrible support, little recognition of platform and ignorance are things that should not be excused.

Im talking as a small community here. Not the world.

Comment

Working...
                X