IO and Your Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

i think the problem is stats........stats are what turns the game into point-whore-fest 06

i hoped the rumor was tru that they would stop supporting stats with this patch.......god that will kickass when that day comes....

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
      i think the problem is stats........stats are what turns the game into point-whore-fest 06
      I agree to some extent, but as someone else once put it...."You cannot blame forks for making people fat." Stats are nothing more thana measure of progress, in BF2 they are a measure of time. Kind of like a chess game you have a clock. Most all games for that matter have stats, CSS, DOD, AA, etc. It's the competitive nature in gamers that draws us to keep tabs on our progess. BF2 is one of the 1st games to ever offer global stats on a game of this genre and magnitude. That in and of itself is not a bad thing, it's the more corrupt members of the community that make it suck for the rest.

Comment

While IO appeals to me (SHOCK HORROR PLANEWHORE) i dont play it as much as i play PoE.., that does a MUCH better job at infantry fighting than BF2IO will ever do.

I think its funny how PW sl4gs off ppl who go medic all the time when thats the only kit he plays ROFL what a self richeous pr1ck.

Comment

They should have added at least light transport vehicles.

Reasons:

1. Makes AT and Engineer viable

2. Takes awhile to get anywhere while you're under constant fire by 10+ snipers at once.

and wow......75% of the teams are medics. The other 25% are snipers. lol

Comment

I am a true infantry player, but common real infantry fight alongside tanks and airforce. I love that aspect of the game, I don't need just infantry to get a nice round. On citymaps armor barely beats me. I find it boring with just infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
              Anyone else beginning to see the common theme in this thread? If not let me point it out for you.

I'm sorry but when a mode basically makes all but one or two classes obsolete then that is one screwed up mode that should've never been introduced. It's nothing more than legalized stat-padding and knife & pistol servers.

Medics are really all you need in IO and the only reason you even see snipers and support is maps like Karkand allow them to rack up massive points by spamming grenades and claymores the entire round.

It's just pathetic is what it is and all of my IO mode predictions have been confirmed to be 100% accurate. Shocker.
              The pattern that is evolving is that the lot hating IO so desperately are too attached to the ranking system. What, do you live for your rank and are worried that someone might pass you by playing IO? Let it go already, all of your arguments are so worn out from being posted uncountable times.
              IO is a part of the game now and the developers are not going to make any more significant gameplay changes.

Regarding the part of there being only snipers and medics is far from true. You yell medic and there aren't many red crosses popping up. There are even AT and engineers running around who like to blow others' heads off with their shotguns.

If you don't like it then don't play it.

Nerf the whining and act like grownups!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
                as I said...

THIS THREAD IS A OFFICAL SMACKTARD BREEDING GROUND

can you guys try to voice your opinons without insulting everyone who enjoys it plz ?
                Lol, you make brazenly insolent and insulting remarks about smacktards, then request others meet a higher standard by not "insulting everyone".

Who TF do you think you are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here is where you go to post them.

What you don't see here is those against the IO concept pumping out one old line cliches that are past their use by date. They are discussions put forward with supporting facts.

If your brain is incapable of operating at that level, then by all means get back to Karkand and join your ilk.

Originally posted by KristianSax
                The pattern that is evolving is that the lot hating IO so desperately are too attached to the ranking system. What, do you live for your rank and are worried that someone might pass you by playing IO?

Nerf the whining and act like grownups!
                Lol, so I just played hours with my weakest kit on an unusual map size where I always get the flags locations wrong getting the bejesus blown out of me because I'm "so desperately are too attached to the ranking system".

Doesn't add up buddy, like most arguments in favour of IO.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                  What you don't see here is those against the IO concept pumping out one old line cliches that are past their use by date. They are discussions put forward with supporting facts.

If your brain is incapable of operating at that level, then by all means get back to Karkand and join your ilk.
                  Both sides are using worn out arguments and there is no discussion that is going nowhere fast. You can find similar "discussions" going back to the announcement of the IO.

And you don't seem to have a bit of diplomacy in you.
                  If I were to sink to your level I'd say that you do no justice to your avatar.
                  Oops, I just did that, now that wasn't nice, was it but then again neither were you.

Comment

Originally posted by cox325
                    Hopefully it'll settle down.
                    Lol, there won't be any settling down. Wait till they get their rhythm the farming is gonna increase. But hey, if they can't churn out a higher spm than Karkand then it's back to 24/7 Karkand anyway, so why worry?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                      Lol, so I just played hours with my weakest kit on an unusual map size where I always get the flags locations wrong getting the bejesus blown out of me because I'm "so desperately are too attached to the ranking system".

Doesn't add up buddy, like most arguments in favour of IO.
                      Man, its not my problem that you don't know where the flags are
                      And when I said what I said about the ranking system I was committing the ultimate sin of generalisation and didn't have any one person in mind. "Pattern is evolving" clearly indicates generalisation. But what exactly is the point that you are trying to make?

Comment

love it.

Gives bf2 extra life

and Ive had no problem with the patch - yet!

Comment

Now they've added something good to the game the only thing they could have made less extreme is the delay. But maybe I just need to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by KristianSax
                            Both sides are using worn out arguments and there is no discussion that is going nowhere fast. You can find similar "discussions" going back to the announcement of the IO.

And you don't seem to have a bit of diplomacy in you.
                            If I were to sink to your level I'd say that you do no justice to your avatar.
                            Oops, I just did that, now that wasn't nice, was it but then again neither were you.

Lol, here you are speaking on behalf of somebody else and you say I have no diplomacy. "Sink to my level" huh, I was responding to the OP in a like manner, you sow what you reap. Speak to me in an intelligent manner, and you'll get an intelligent reply (hopefully).

I don't have a bit of diplomacy, yet you go spouting off about a reply I made to somebody else; humourously hypocritical. The arguments may be old, but they're still valid, and time will prove them right.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                              Even better how about you join up on StrafeRight 24/7 City Maps and join up on my squad and see for yourselves. I'll show you how and why vehicles are essential to squad-based teamwork and not only how they are essential but how teamwork is essential to nullify said vehicles.
                              Now that I know what name your using, I most definetly will. Planewhore never came up @ Game Monitor

Comment

how can you tell whether a server has IO set or not (from the browser screen)

Comment

Working...
                                X