IO and Your Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO and Your Thoughts...

So, now that you've seen it and probably played it, what do you think about it?

Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

Only played the new map and a round of Karkand, Both were 20 man servers.

Fun stuff, fast paced and I didn't really miss the tanks apc's etc...

If played on proper maps I think it's gonna be a great thing.

Comment

I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring. BF2 without vehicles is like ceral without milk.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
        I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring.
        Thats all I saw aswell, all support, medic, and some assault, it seems to be allowed stat padding by EA

Comment

IO mode is garbage.

Basically all medics and snipers and having to run for 5 minutes to get anywhere on most maps.

Comment

Yeap I was just on a 64P IO mode server (24/7 Karkand too what a surprise). I kept track of all the classes and I saw nothing but support and medic. I saw maybe 2 assault guys a handful of snipers running around throwing claymores. Zero Spec-Ops, zero Engineer and zero anti-tank. Scores were noticably higher then on a regular server and I managed to end both rounds between 120-150 points.

The entire rounds pretty much consisted of sitting at Hotel spawn, throwing frag grenades, planting claymores and reviving. During both rounds the USMC captured exactly ZERO flags. I honestly can't remember the last round of Karkand where that happened. The teams were basically deadlocked and it was the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Comment

Yea it sucks on most maps but there are a few that I think people will enjoy...Would get old if played all the time but I think it's a nice change.

Comment

I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring. BF2 without vehicles is like ceral without milk.
                cry cry cry

Comment

This is apparently something that Dice may not have wanted or anticipated...How could they not expect this to occur though?

Comment

there shouldnt be an io mode for a vehicle based combat game like bf2, people should just go and play AA or joint ops

Comment

I don't know what size the server was that Planewhore played on......

We were capping flags....saw every class cept anti-tank and engie but thats to be expected....

It really didn't seem all that diff than normal BF2....alot medics but thats always true.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Max
                        cry cry cry
                        How am i crying or whining or anything of that sort. Just because i hate it does not mean i am crying over it. Everyone hates something I for one hate people of your type who just call someone a whinner if they voice any oposition to what you like instead of giving me a reason why I am wrong.

Ive given my reasons why i dont like IO now could you give me some of yours for liking IO without childish namecalling?

Comment

How am i crying or whining or anything of that sort. Just because i hate it does not mean i am crying over it. Everyone hates something I for one hate people of your type who just call someone a whinner if they voice any oposition to what you like instead of giving me a reason why I am wrong.

Ive given my reasons why i dont like IO now could you give me some of yours for liking IO without childish namecalling?
                          nope n00b

j.k

I like IO why you may ask ? well because Im not a fan of the over powered armor/apc's that take zero skill or teamwork to use, in conjunction with commander mode they succesfully take 95% of stratagey from the game and bottleneck almost every map helicopters and planes arint as bad but are still not very balanced for the most part. Vehicles were not very well done in bf2 as compared to 1942 (notice how there was never a call for IO mode in that game) and its nice to have the choice as to what type of game mode Id like to play wish there was capture the flag and DM still though . As far as people crying about "stat padding" who cares ? the points really mean nothing they don't tell you if somone is a good player or not simply put its not like your going to go to the bar and pick up some hot ladies by saying "I got 100,000 points on bf2 tracker baby" get over it.

p.s. I don't understand why it matters really what people think of it if you don't like it don't play it these type of threads are really only a breeding ground for smacktards

Comment

Not too enjoyable, IMO. Okay-ish on city maps maybe, but certainly not on others. IO mode on maps like FuShe, Dragon Valley or Oman = takes forever to get to a flag, too much walking to be fun.

On city maps the problem is that the class diversity is lost. No anti-tank and engy guys, as you'd expect, hardly any specops or assault, so it's almost everyone being medic & support. PKM fire all the time, grenades, revives.

I also think, though I haven't confirmed if it's so yet, that Karkand can end up in a huge deadlock. Without vehicles, the teams can possibly get stuck for a really long time on Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kold81
                              I don't know what size the server was that Planewhore played on......
                              It was a large map size with 64 players. The only scenario where one team might be able to beat back the other team in 64p IO Karkand is if the teams are horribly stacked with newbies on the MEC side and the experienced players on USMC.

Another thing I noticed is absolutely zero teamwork required. Without vehicles or artillery camping reigns supreme and absolutely nothing exists in IO mode that you can't handle with the medic kit. Past Karkand support is just as obsolete as the rest of the classes and the best team is a team consisting of nothing but 32 medics. Move up, fire, revive, capture, move up, fire, revive capture. At no point does any level of teamwork need to imployed. No loading up a squad in to a trasport, no need to hop on that TOW missile or for me to request my squad to spawn as AT to deal with this tank.

IO mode is exactly what I expect - a watered down easier version of Battlefield 2 that does not require teamwork (or a fraction of what is needed/required with vehicles/artillery in the mix) and attracts the unskilled point whores like moths to a flame.

Originally posted by Solver
                              Not too enjoyable, IMO. Okay-ish on city maps maybe, but certainly not on others. IO mode on maps like FuShe, Dragon Valley or Oman = takes forever to get to a flag, too much walking to be fun.

On city maps the problem is that the class diversity is lost. No anti-tank and engy guys, as you'd expect, hardly any specops or assault, so it's almost everyone being medic & support. PKM fire all the time, grenades, revives.

I also think, though I haven't confirmed if it's so yet, that Karkand can end up in a huge deadlock. Without vehicles, the teams can possibly get stuck for a really long time on Hotel.
                              Good post Solver and I recommend you read my other post a few up. My first two games of Karkand resulted in a total Hotel deadlock both times with pretty even teams skill wise and resulted in some huge scores in a very short time. Concidence that my first two Karkand rounds on IO ended exactly as I predicted? I think not.

Comment

Working...
                              X