Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Even better how about you join up on StrafeRight 24/7 City Maps and join up on my squad and see for yourselves. I'll show you how and why vehicles are essential to squad-based teamwork and not only how they are essential but how teamwork is essential to nullify said vehicles.
    I was not trashing you PW, I was just saying that I think people that can play well might view IO as a lesser game because they have a broader view of what BF2 is about.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
      I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring. BF2 without vehicles is like ceral without milk.
      Yeah I agree, I just done a few round on the new map. just nades and medics. Hopefully it'll settle down. Very much a US advantage on this map too, unless the MEC have a good team built on antitank.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnip
        Because you perfer a different style of play it shouldnt be ranked?
        It is the native style of play, not some Counterstrike hack job. B*tches cried and now we are stuck with a nerfed BH, a jacked up GL, claymores that don't kill their own team, and now, IO.

Go back to Halo kids. If you were going to demand anything that changed the way the game played, ask for something like CTF. With IO, I might as well fire up Quake3 and load up The Longest Yard map.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
          I was not trashing you PW, I was just saying that I think people that can play well might view IO as a lesser game because they have a broader view of what BF2 is about.
          Wasn't directing that towards you at all and I absolutely agree that pretty much 100% of experienced players with balanced gameplay styles hate IO. IO appeals to two groups - point whores (who can be experienced/skilled players) and newbies fresh out of Quake/CS (who don't understand Battlefield style gameplay and get owned by tanks, APCs and planes because they're too stupid to move/spawn AT/adapt ect.).

Comment

lol.........lets set up a group to save video-games from their developer........oh yeah and free hat!!

Comment

Wasn't directing that towards you at all,
              One thing I will argue though about IO. AT is actually a great kit against infantry when you are armed with the DAO.

BTW, ever noticed how infant is the root of the French word, Infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                With a name like PlaneWhore, its not a surprise to anyone that you wouldnt like IO. Seriously. The points you are making are as if you've never played
                BF2 (obviously you have).

Second... WHY??..would ANYONE decide to test out IO mode on a 64 player map??? Of course its gonna be chaotic. IO mode is meant to be played on 16-32 player maps.

P.S. Since when were there ANY diversity among kits in BF2. Try not to be an obvious hater PlaneWhore.

Before IO people played anti-tank and sepc ops now everyone is a medic or support.

Comment

It is the native style of play, not some Counterstrike hack job. B*tches cried and now we are stuck with a nerfed BH, a jacked up GL, claymores that don't kill their own team, and now, IO.

Go back to Halo kids. If you were going to demand anything that changed the way the game played, ask for something like CTF. With IO, I might as well fire up Quake3 and load up The Longest Yard map.
                  you stold my post!! lol.
                  If I could Id also quote every post by PW.

I started a thread weeks back about being on a infantry only server...and this same argument occured.
                  People who know how to deal with vehicles vs. people who have no clue what to do except spawn as medic or sniper j/k j/k j/k

My stats arent amazing or god like...but there is a reason I have 200+ hours as Spec Ops and 200+ as support...I deal with tanks.

I just have one question..how much raping were you people going through to cry for this change? Im a city map guy myself but even in big maps and city maps I never get a 1/2 or higher K/D ratio..mayeb a 1/1 but usually its a 2/1..
                  Oh well another nail in the coffin..

Comment

BTW, ever noticed how infant is the root of the French word, Infantry.

Thats funny because last time I checked everyone that played BF is labelled as infantry.

Whats with the over use of the word "noob"? What exactly makes one a "noob"?

Adding IO mode to a game whos gameplay was imbalanced from the start can only do good in the end.

Comment

Anyone else beginning to see the common theme in this thread? If not let me point it out for you.

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                      I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring.
                      Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                      Thats all I saw aswell, all support, medic
                      Originally posted by Talus
                      Basically all medics and snipers
                      I saw nothing but support and medic.
                      Originally posted by Solver
                      No anti-tank and engy guys, as you'd expect, hardly any specops or assault, so it's almost everyone being medic & support. PKM fire all the time, grenades, revives.
                      Originally posted by cox325
                      just nades and medics.
                      I'm sorry but when a mode basically makes all but one or two classes obsolete then that is one screwed up mode that should've never been introduced. It's nothing more than legalized stat-padding and knife & pistol servers.

Medics are really all you need in IO and the only reason you even see snipers and support is maps like Karkand allow them to rack up massive points by spamming grenades and claymores the entire round.

It's just pathetic is what it is and all of my IO mode predictions have been confirmed to be 100% accurate. Shocker.

Comment

...i play Anti tank on IO

but only because i like sniping with the rocket... <_<

Comment

People wanted them to take care of nade/medpac spamming as well... really EA only does what they want despite what they say.

Comment

Please stop making excuses for wanting to stat pad in IO mode. It wouldn't annoy me so much if you just admitted to it.

Speaking of stat padding. The scores I was able to get on IO mode were ridiculous.

You want to see the kind of scores you can get on IO mode? Look no further than Knife and Pistol players. They're essentially IO player statistics before IO mode was released.

http://bf2s.com/player/71091048/

8.2 points a minute? WTF? Welcome to IO mode.

Well I suppose 8.2 points a minute doesn't seem all that odd when you play nothing but IO. You don't die as much (so you spend more time killing), you don't have to worry about vehicles, don't have to consider artillery so you can just camp to your hearts content and you can just run around on Karkand at the Hotel spawn as a medic killing and reviving fallen teammates over and over ad naseum.

IO mode essentially makes all previous infantry statistics irrelevant. I'd be pissed if I had top rankings as infantry and IO mode was introduced. Imagine how good the top infantry KDR/SPM players had to be to get were they are now dealing with all the threats in regular BF2 associated with playing infantry. That's an accomplishment in my book. Now a Joe Schmoe in IO stat pad mode can do the same thing while picking his nose. Way to go DICE. Not like I care if players "stat pad" but I do care when as a result of IO mode server operators are forced to switch to IO to keep their servers populated (as a result my total playable servers I like falls from 4 or 5 to 1 or 2... great).

Comment

Please stop making excuses for wanting to stat pad in IO mode. It wouldn't annoy me so much if you just admitted to it.

8.2 points a minute? WTF? Welcome to IO mode.

Hahah, and what was BFROE's official stance on High Point Servers again?

Comment

In all fairness, a blind man could have seen with a cane what IO mode would amount to simply by watching a typical 24/7 Karkand match and extrapolating to exclude the influence of armour and transport vehicles. I mean, one needn't put fire to gasoline to know it will burn. Some things you can just look at from a bird's-eye view and be able to tell their outcomes. Trying to develop a strategy in a map like Karkand requires vehicles to be successful unless the teams are unbalanced. The beginning is such a bottleneck that the only way the US can hope to cap a flag is to either completely overwhelm the MEC and take Hotel (which would likely require many of the MEC troops to guard the back bases which happens frequently on Karkand :laugh: ) or zip/sneak by in a vehicle and cap a back base. Without vehicles, all zipping and sneaking would have to be done on foot, and people cannot run faster than the bullets shooting them. Since there are so few ways through the cluster**** at the beginning the USMC sans armour is at a HUGE disadvantage like PW mentioned in his first post. Sharqi would be more balanced because there are many different angles from which they can attack, same with Mashtuur. I haven't yet played Jalalabad so I can't comment there but the other maps aren't really even worth mentioning since nobody's going to play IO on those maps anyway. Then again, my guess is that winning the match isn't even a thought in the mind of people that play your typical 24/7 Karkand server anyway, so who cares about balance?

My only concern is how EA/DICE could have possibly missed what IO mode would end up as, or whether they even cared to begin with. Sure, there were always people out there saying that it takes more strategy and more teamwork is required and you'll be able to work more closely with your squad, but the funny part is that the opportunities to do all those things existed in non-IO BF2 and with even more diverse options (with vehicles or without, with air support or without, an enemy commander sabotage mission, etc.) and yet when PW or someone else makes a post about how teamwork can get the job done in regular BF2 people spit out that it's a pipe dream and that kind of teamwork never happens on pubs. Yet with IO, NOW there's going to all of a sudden be teamwork up the ying-yang from those same pubbers? Eh? If you're playing IO because there is more teamwork, you've got your pants on backwards I'm afraid. IO is far more condusive to lonewolf play than regular BF2 which is why people that don't want to think or spawn as something to help their team (yes, the team...the other 31 players with the same uniforms as you) are more excited about it. It's been said before, but people who are already team-oriented have no problem with vanilla BF2 and to expect teamwork from those who aren't team oriented who are now joining a mode where teamwork isn't even required anymore is absurd. Good luck with that.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                                X