• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

Originally posted by RavenRealms
    IO pwns.

In your faces armor whores
    What!? That just reeks of someone that did not know how to manage a situation in a regular game.

Comment

Vanilla is awesome!

The only people that complain about it are those that need "special" help to play the game. These people simply can't survive without IO and now that the've got into arguments on the forums are doomed to hate vanilla forever because of their stubborn attitudes.

DICE made vanilla because it's fun.

It's funny how people blame everything on DICE and their decisions. Ran into a tank 10 times in a row? It must DICE's fault, vanilla's fault or Karkand's fault! How about not running the same way 10 times, turning wide corners and playing carefully? I never have a problem with tanks and neither should you.

Play smart. Have fun.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I can honestly say, as a person who complained quite a bit about vehicle/infantry balance, that Dice/EA has lost there ever lovin' minds!

I mean sure. I had an underlined probelem with the way "Anti-Vehicle" measurements stacked up against the vehicles themselves, but I didn't have a problem with the vehicles. I mean, BF2 is "SUPPOSED" to have vehicles. It's one of the primary selling points of the game. It's combined arms combat... wait, I don't even feel like I need to go on about this.

I mean, honestly, ...whatever. I'm so awe struck by Dice/EAs marketing/developing/whatever team that I don't even know what to say. IO doesn't bother me to a point of making me quit (I honestly don't play much vanilla anyways), but... sheesh.

{WP}Paas

Comment

It.. is.. a... game.. mode. For all the people that complain ever played wars or something? I just see it as a great training as we have a lot of infantry only matches =)

Comment

IO is more like a legal Medic and support only servers. All you hear: Get ammo here and Clear. I don't mind infantry only, but I do mind the double standards. Knives and Pistol servers should be legal imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
              IO is more like a legal Medic and support only servers. All you hear: Get ammo here and Clear. I don't mind infantry only, but I do mind the double standards. Knives and Pistol servers should be legal imo.
              Really, and where is that High Point Server clause again with ROE?

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
                I will be giving this a good look soon. BUT, I ran our clan server as IO (unranked) back around patch 1.22 with the standard maps. We did allow transport vehicles (buggies, hmmvs, vodnick and both transport choppers) but if you got caught using the mgs mounted on any vehicle, you were kicked. We really had some great battles and it was amazing how fast teamwork evolved to counter better defended flags. Flanking, multi squad attacks and decoy tactics popped up everywhere.

Granted, this was on our clan server, but we had many a public players join in as well. Once folks saw how much fun it was to work as a team, things just fell into place. The big objective was for your side to win the round and NOT for YOU to amass points for yourself.

This IO mode MAY not work well with Ranked servers, but on unranked, I know it is golden!

Desert Conflict has an awesome CTF mod out right now. They have put out patches so you can play with 1.4 running. Give them a try. It is a BLAST !!!
                Man, it's great to get an honest, thought out and well expressed opinion from somebody, and not the usual polarised STFU crap we see so much of here.

Comment

Originally posted by jsr
                  If you played Quake 3, instagib makes sense on some maps, but not on others...

Same concept here, server admins just need to adjust map rotation accordingly for IO mode.

Overall I love IO mode.
                  Exactly, and Jalalabab is not a good example of an IO map. The long run down to the first flag means a lot of players spawn sniper (so did I, because it makes sense for the situation) and/or medic. The difference between Jalalabad and Strike at Karkand is the fog distance. Karkand has a much nearer view distance, so infantry can move around with more chance of surviving to get close to the enemy and ingage them. Sharqi seems like a decent IO map, I haven't tried any others yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

DICE made vanilla because it's fun.
                    I'm sorry but on maps like Wake and while your Chinese, it's only fun if YOU have some form of flying vehicle. It's boring as bat **** to wait for the US to cap a flag, usually takes about 10~15 minutes. By then there's only ~100ish tickets left.

Boring unless the US have a flag and work as a team, or the J10 gets nerfed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                      I'm sorry but on maps like Wake and while your Chinese, it's only fun if YOU have some form of flying vehicle. It's boring as bat **** to wait for the US to cap a flag, usually takes about 10~15 minutes. By then there's only ~100ish tickets left.
                      Boring unless the US have a flag and work as a team, or the J10 gets nerfed.
                      What are you talking about? Wake is boring?!
                      IO or not, I like Wake the most. It has more adrenaline on it then any other map.
                      Usually playing as USMC is the best, but I like Chinese side as well.

Comment

Jet pilots are haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Harry
                          Jet pilots are haters.
                          Jet haters are not pilots. :laugh:

Comment

Guys i know IO has no vehicles, but i don't know why dice didn't put jeeps in (even stripped of guns) so on maps you can actually get around ok. Not spaw spend 2-3 mins going to a flag only to get popped by a sniper. This point was raised way back when IO started getting discussdd.

Comment

Originally posted by colmmlynch
                              Guys i know IO has no vehicles, but i don't know why dice didn't put jeeps in (even stripped of guns) so on maps you can actually get around ok. Not spaw spend 2-3 mins going to a flag only to get popped by a sniper. This point was raised way back when IO started getting discussdd.
                              Or just the LADA 2104 they have in Special Forces and make it a four-seater. That would have been fun and there's no need to replace your footwear after every round (64p).

Comment

I think its great, although agreed having 90% medics is silly. Although admittedly engineer and to a lesser extent AT classes are wasting their times in IO.

Originally posted by RocketChild
                                What!? That just reeks of someone that did not know how to manage a situation in a regular game.
                                Leave him alone dude. Some times a change of pace is good, IO is almost like a whole new game.

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                                Please stop saying that IO some how requires more teamwork or encourages it because it doesn't. All IO does is encourage players to spawn as nothing but medics.
                                And flying around strafing people is the pinnacle of teamwork?

Sounds like someone's feeling lonely, flying around with no one to bomb while the rest of us are playing IO.

Comment

Working...
                                X