IO and Your Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

IO misses the point of what BF really is. And one thing it is not, is Counter Strike or Quake.

Bringing IO into the game total changes the dynamic of the ranking system and has completely unbalanced it. People that are pilot whores are now short changed. Team work, there is less incentive.

They might as well take out the flags and just have two spawn points and a bunch of bushes.

IO should be in the game, but it should not be a RANKED option. The ranked system should be reservered for the balanced system we have all grown acustom to. (yes I know, the planes are not balanced, but the AA if tweaked would make it balanced).

I think the people that wanted IO need to go off and play Halo or CS. Because IO is not what BF is about.

I want to see a Vodnik drive up and hear "Get in!"

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
      I hated it all i saw was nade spamming and medic whoring. BF2 without vehicles is like ceral without milk.
      Sometimes Ceral is good without milk

Comment

With a name like PlaneWhore, its not a surprise to anyone that you wouldnt like IO. Seriously. The points you are making are as if you've never played
        BF2 (obviously you have).

Second... WHY??..would ANYONE decide to test out IO mode on a 64 player map??? Of course its gonna be chaotic. IO mode is meant to be played on 16-32 player maps.

P.S. Since when were there ANY diversity among kits in BF2. Try not to be an obvious hater PlaneWhore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
          With a name like PlaneWhore, its not a surprise to anyone that you wouldnt like IO. Seriously. The points you are making are as if you've never played

Second... WHY??..would ANYONE decide to test out IO mode on a 64 player map??? Of course its gonna be chaotic. IO mode is meant to be played on 16-32 player maps.

P.S. Since when were there ANY diversity among kits in BF2. Try not to be an obvious hater PlaneWhore.
          lol you n00b

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
            Sometimes Ceral is good without milk
            Depends on the cereal. And BF2 IO is like Special K without milk - pretty much intolerable.

I love infantry (seriously love it, and have since BF1942) but half of the fun in being a groundpounder is dodging (or destroying) the heavy metal against less than favorable odds. But that dimension is entirely removed.

My biggest beef (and it's not a new beef) is that BF2 is a game that does a wonderful job of screwing over its own classes. Depending on the design of a given map, anywhere between 1-3 classes are pretty well useless. Now they've twisted that knife even further and marginalized all but 2-3 in IO.

I'm not trying to say that it's surprising (because it's not), but I am saying that it's lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
              Infantry Only means only one thing to me.

The death of servers that I enjoy, because nobody likes the same maps that I do. :cry:

Goodbye Daqing Oilfields, and Zatar Wetlands. Hello 24/7 IO Karkand.
              Yeah, I LOVE Dragon Valley and FuShe Pass. Great maps...but I definately won't play those IO. I'd hate to spend 10 minutes going from one flag to the next, then die when some sniper finds me :P

Comment

The best thing DiCE could have done was release a series of maps that were designed from the get-go to be IO and were balanced for this specific thing. Karkand IO in its present state is not the answer...Sharqi and Mashtuur, well that is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29

Please don't try and bring my skills on the ground in to this because you'll just end up looking like an idiot. I'm so good as a medic it's a little silly and even with the majority of my BF2 played time as infantry I still have a problem with "Easy mode"/"Stat padding mode". Maybe I'm in the minority but when I play BF2 I enjoy encountering vehicles and knowing they are out there because of the challenge it provides me and my squad.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                    Please don't try and bring my skills on the ground in to this because you'll just end up looking like an idiot. I'm so good as a medic it's a little silly and even with the majority of my BF2 played time as infantry I still have a problem with "Easy mode"/"Stat padding mode". Maybe I'm in the minority but when I play BF2 I enjoy encountering vehicles and knowing they are out there because of the challenge it provides me and my squad.
                    You know PW, I would like to see what the demographic is of accomplished players versus n00bs and how each feels about IO.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
                      thats a pretty good story for the back of the BF2 box but frankly that never happens, for you it may but to most of the BF2 population (80%) that sounds like a fairy tale teamwork is a very rare thing in bf2 outside of the hardcore gamers/clans hell most of the people playing don't have mic's
                      No story Doctor that's reality. Maybe you don't see it because you spend all of your time lone wolf on 24/7 Karkand but I see it all the time. It's a simple formula really... play on the same server whenever you play and make buddies out of the regular players on said server, get them in the habit of joining your squad and make sure when you create said squad you give it a descriptive name that encourages the scenario I described above such as "teamwork" or "micsonly".

It really is just that easy and because I am a team player and have always played that was I can easily have a full squad of players who listen to my commands as squad leader and player together as a team. It's quite magical actually and one of the reasons I love BF2 (and hate DICE patches so much). I can say without a doubt our level of teamwork would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE and even unnecessary in the abscence of all vehicles. We could essentially accomplish the same exact thing by all spawning medic and the best control point and running towards the closest enemy control point.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                        IO misses the point of what BF really is. And one thing it is not, is Counter Strike or Quake.

Bringing IO into the game total changes the dynamic of the ranking system and has completely unbalanced it. People that are pilot whores are now short changed. Team work, there is less incentive.

They might as well take out the flags and just have two spawn points and a bunch of bushes.

IO should be in the game, but it should not be a RANKED option. The ranked system should be reservered for the balanced system we have all grown acustom to. (yes I know, the planes are not balanced, but the AA if tweaked would make it balanced).

I think the people that wanted IO need to go off and play Halo or CS. Because IO is not what BF is about.

I want to see a Vodnik drive up and hear "Get in!"

Well IO is what bf2 is about now, and theres nothing wrong with infantry beating pilots in scores not that I give a crap anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                          No story Doctor that's reality. Maybe you don't see it because you spend all of your time lone wolf on 24/7 Karkand but I see it all the time. It's a simple formula really... play on the same server whenever you play and make buddies out of the regular players on said server, get them in the habit of joining your squad and make sure when you create said squad you give it a descriptive name that encourages the scenario I described above such as "teamwork" or "micsonly".

It really is just that easy and because I am a team player and have always played that was I can easily have a full squad of players who listen to my commands as squad leader and player together as a team. It's quite magical actually and one of the reasons I love BF2 (and hate DICE patches so much). I can say without a doubt our level of teamwork would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE and even unnecessary in the abscence of all vehicles. We could essentially accomplish the same exact thing by all spawning medic and the best control point and running towards the closest enemy control point.
                          haha, funny you mention all that about TeamWork, when DiCE has been trying to push TeamWork down our throats for the last 16 months. Squad Hopping?

They should have made a shout the commander could say to all the squads telling people to "Squad up, People!"

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                            You know PW, I would like to see what the demographic is of accomplished players versus n00bs and how each feels about IO.
                            Well you can put me down in the "experienced teamwork oriented player - despises IO and thinks it shouldn't exist period" category.

And for all the people who don't feel I'm being completely honest about my regular unclaned squad tactics or my time spent as infantry feel free to mull over my current profile @ http://bf2s.com/player/74315412/ . Almost all of my played time is as a squad leader and I have nearly half my played time as a medic.

Even better how about you join up on StrafeRight 24/7 City Maps and join up on my squad and see for yourselves. I'll show you how and why vehicles are essential to squad-based teamwork and not only how they are essential but how teamwork is essential to nullify said vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnip
                              Well IO is what bf2 is about now, and theres nothing wrong with infantry beating pilots in scores not that I give a crap anyway.
                              Understand that I was a massive vehicle whore my whole time playing DC and early in BF2. But I moved away from it, but I still love tanks mowing down myself and everyone else. I still love having a helo on my team or the enemy clipping people as they move on a flag.

IO should not be ranked!

Comment

Because you perfer a different style of play it shouldnt be ranked?

Comment

Working...
                                X