IO and Your Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

OK so I expected bad reviews of lobsterland. How is mash and shaqui with IO?

Comment

as I said...

THIS THREAD IS A OFFICAL SMACKTARD BREEDING GROUND

can you guys try to voice your opinons without insulting everyone who enjoys it plz ?

Comment

Originally posted by aLi3nZ
        OK so I expected bad reviews of lobsterland. How is mash and shaqui?
        How am I supposed to test those maps when every IO server is running 24/7 Karkand? Lol.

I suspect that Sharqi and Mashtuur won't be played much in IO because they are much more balanced maps than Karkand, the flags are much more evenly spaced than Karkand, and they can't be exploited for easy points like Karkand. The end result is much more walking on these two maps, much less points and thus nobody will play them. I mean Mashtuur only had 2 tanks to begin with that and that will low enough of a number that you'd often times not see one for an entire map so I serious doubt players would sacrafice the transport helicopter, vodniks/hummers and be forced to walk everywhere just to get rid of the tanks and the rare artillery death.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
          It was a large map size with 64 players. The only scenario where one team might be able to beat back the other team in 64p IO Karkand is if the teams are horribly stacked with newbies on the MEC side and the experienced players on USMC.

Another thing I noticed is absolutely zero teamwork required. Without vehicles or artillery camping reigns supreme and absolutely nothing exists in IO mode that you can't handle with the medic kit. Past Karkand support is just as obsolete as the rest of the classes and the best team is a team consisting of nothing but 32 medics. Move up, fire, revive, capture, move up, fire, revive capture. At no point does any level of teamwork need to imployed. No loading up a squad in to a trasport, no need to hop on that TOW missile or for me to request my squad to spawn as AT to deal with this tank.

IO mode is exactly what I expect - a watered down easier version of Battlefield 2 that does not require teamwork (or a fraction of what is needed/required with vehicles/artillery in the mix) and attracts the unskilled point whores like moths to a flame.

Good post Solver and I recommend you read my other post a few up. My first two games of Karkand resulted in a total Hotel deadlock both times with pretty even teams skill wise and resulted in some huge scores in a very short time. Concidence that my first two Karkand rounds on IO ended exactly as I predicted? I think not.

Im pretty sure 95% of servers have zero teamwork with vehicles so that point is kinda void

Comment

My first two games of Karkand resulted in a total Hotel deadlock both times with pretty even teams skill wise and resulted in some huge scores in a very short time. Concidence that my first two Karkand rounds on IO ended exactly as I predicted? I think not.
            Intuitively, I feel it won't be the case too often. Why? Because you don't see evenly skilled teams too often. If the USMC team is more skilled, they'll push through Hotel anyway, or go tactical and take the other flags. With a server where the MEC is more skilled, though, Hotel probably has a near-null chance of being captured in IO.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
              Im pretty sure 95% of servers have zero teamwork with vehicles so that point is kinda void
              Nah that point is anything but void. I have almost all my played time as a squad leader. Armor is a tool to be commanded in a sqaud. It's essentially another piece on the chess board and it can act in an offensive fashion or as a mobile armored spawn point.

My squads on my regular server always fill up fast and if I can manage I'll try to get an APC or tank because they make great squad vehicles. My squad piles in and we move up to the flag, I bulldozer over the claymore, if a squadmate dies they can spawn in almost total safety and I provide a safe haven from artillery strikes.

Then with vehicles in the mix the enemy needs to *gasp* spawn as Anti-Tank, Engineer and Spec-Ops! I know that concept might seem crazy to people but it requires a lot of teamwork and cooperation to get players on youe team to spawn the necessary kits to combat the enemy. Now in IO mode only one kit exists (medic) unless you're on Karkand (support for grenades) so you can never be the "wrong" kit.

That's just two small aspects off the top of my head and many more exist but essentially in IO mode teamwork is no longer a requirement and you can own every map if your team knows one simple rule (spawn medic!). If your team has 32 medics you win the round and it really is that simple.

Comment

IO adds a cool variety to the onslaught of vehicles in the regular version. It's just different, but fun. Good job EA!

Comment

Nah that point is anything but void. I have almost all my played time as a squad leader. Armor is a tool to be commanded in a sqaud. It's essentially another piece on the chess board and it can act in an offensive fashion or as a mobile armored spawn point.

My squads on my regular server always fill up fast and if I can manage I'll try to get an APC or tank because they make great squad vehicles. My squad piles in and we move up to the flag, I bulldozer over the claymore, if a squadmate dies they can spawn in almost total safety and I provide a safe haven from artillery strikes.

Then with vehicles in the mix the enemy needs to *gasp* spawn as Anti-Tank, Engineer and Spec-Ops! I know that concept might seem crazy to people but it requires a lot of teamwork and cooperation to get players on youe team to spawn the necessary kits to combat the enemy. Now in IO mode only one kit exists (medic) unless you're on Karkand (support for grenades) so you can never be the "wrong" kit.

That's just two small aspects off the top of my head and many more exist but essentially in IO mode teamwork is no longer a requirement and you can own every map if your team knows one simple rule (spawn medic!). If your team has 32 medics you win the round and it really is that simple.
                  thats a pretty good story for the back of the BF2 box but frankly that never happens, for you it may but to most of the BF2 population (80%) that sounds like a fairy tale teamwork is a very rare thing in bf2 outside of the hardcore gamers/clans hell most of the people playing don't have mic's

Comment

I played the IO during beta, and as you all know EA has no idea what IO is all about so it was mostly 64 player.
                    Today I managed to find a server that did not have Jalalabad on it and it was a 16 player server on a 16 player map. That was true fun, a couple of nades no snipers but medics were scarce also for some reason.
                    Earlier I was on a 64 Karkand map, but I got kicked from there for, guess what, capping the MEC Factory flag ... weird.
                    Otherwise I like IO ... those who don't like it then don't ... i don't give a rats tail about that, just don't play there!

Comment

With a lot of players IO is great.

It does get boring when you have to run around for ages withought engaging any enemies.

But you do need to have a filled up server with loads of people - it's great fun.

Comment

Infantry Only means only one thing to me.

The death of servers that I enjoy, because nobody likes the same maps that I do. :cry:

Goodbye Daqing Oilfields, and Zatar Wetlands. Hello 24/7 IO Karkand.

Comment

nope n00b

j.k

I like IO why you may ask ? well because Im not a fan of the over powered armor/apc's that take zero skill or teamwork to use
                          Also not a fan of armor/apc's, but no vehicles and all snipers is no fun either.

Comment

as I said...

THIS THREAD IS A OFFICAL SMACKTARD BREEDING GROUND

can you guys try to voice your opinons without insulting everyone who enjoys it plz ?
                            That is what mods are here for as well as the small yellow triangle under the user name. If you see an inappropriate post, report it.

Comment

i dont see it as a option and im on 1.4......

Comment

Hopefully we will see some servers running other maps besides Karkand. 20 players on 16 player maps sounds like a blast.

FuShe, Songhua, Oman, are great on 16 player maps mainly because they are so balanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X