Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

I think what EVERYONE is forgetting...BHs were a pain in the past because the AA system was not coded correctly for the first few patches. You could not do anything to a Blackhawk off in the distance that was appoarching. Now that we have cleared up the AA and lowered the Armor on the Helo's, they are no match for someone that gets to an AA in time.

I say bring the helo's up again. They will get popped quick when you have an poor pilot running a orbit without regard for AA placements.

One thing though, there are only two AA nests in Mashtuur. That map might want to have the AA with a bit more range. Everything else, screw it, bring on the heat. I look foward to knocking down to birds (just don't increase the armor).

Comment

Originally posted by }SoC{ÅMT
      I think what most people want is for the Blackhawk's guns to be more effective. Remember though, if you add more splash damage to the BH, then you have ot make some part of the MEC and PLA choppers more effective.
      As I mentioned, give the Blackhawk the old guns back but leave it armor wise and give the MEC/PLA choppers more armor.

Comment

Originally posted by }SoC{ÅMT

And to those who keep complaining to DICE/EA, chill. They are finally starting to listen to the community, don't blow it.

- Andrew
        Just point me to a post that DICE actually hear the community and make a change from it. No change in this beta was asked from the comunity just some bug fixes. IO was sponsored and PRE 1.4 Beta no one in the forums now about it. Even bug fixes they say no to them because to much coding etc. Isn't making a new map to much coding? Why not put that much effort in some fixes that the community really want. The community always wanted bug fixes and no more new content. But they always do the opposite and nerf things people never ask for. People are tired of the same vehicles and the BH maps shongua and mashtur where a diferent kind of gameplay that was fun and involve teamwork.

Anyway no more discusion about this. Even with multiple poll with the majority of the community asking for it, Dice dont know how to read it because theres no sponsor that want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
          Just point me to a post that DICE actually hear the community and make a change from it. No change in this beta was asked from the comunity just some bug fixes. IO was sponsored and PRE 1.4 Beta no one in the forums now about it. Even bug fixes they say no to them because to much coding etc. Isn't making a new map to much coding? Why not put that much effort in some fixes that the community really want. The community always wanted bug fixes and no more new content. But they always do the opposite and nerf things people never ask for. People are tired of the same vehicles and the BH maps shongua and mashtur where a diferent kind of gameplay that was fun and involve teamwork.

Anyway no more discusion about this. Even with multiple poll with the majority of the community asking for it, Dice dont know how to read it because theres no sponsor that want it.
          I am not sure you're realizing that DiCE CA is broke up into departments. They have a bunch of employees that would be sitting around doing nothing, because their job skills has nothing to do with bug fixing. They are people that might make new textures, design maps, understand game physics, or maybe network code. There are so many parts to the team, people might be off working on stuff as 'enhancements' because their talents are not required at this stage of the BF2v support. Some of these 'enhancements' might have been on the drawing board 2 years ago, just never made it to gold. Or some of this stuff is just a re-port of something created for 2142.

People forget there are lots of politics/logistics behind the development/support of games. Keep that in mind.
          :thatsbad:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh

I'm not sure, but I think most changes were made due to actual players complaining about something, so I think it's not quite fair to say that they only do sponsored changes.

Comment

So if the majority of players want the BH back why they dont listen?
              They are not going to make any more changes. This is the last patch. Next thing is bf2142

If this idea had an sponsor, it would be made in the 1.4 patch.

Comment

BH should die in 1 hit to a tank or AT missile, and beef the guns up alot, then its balanced all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnip
                  BH should die in 1 hit to a tank or AT missile, and beef the guns up alot, then its balanced all around.
                  You know, I could be cool with that as a compromise.

Comment

BH should have 1 hit kill zones like it did in the past, if I recall correctly a bullet to the wheel causes it to explode in 1 shot Te He, Te He, lol
                    Well this time there should be:
                    1 shot it zones
                    keep the weapons as is
                    keep the armor as is

And, we are done with the BH, hurrayy!!!:evil:

Comment

• Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

while the bh has no place having splash damage, i wouldnt mind a damage increase. but the armor load of a helicopter should be such that 1 tank round or two at/aa missiles can kill it. i would say 1 at/aa missile should kill an attack heli, the purpose of the attack heli is to stay out of range.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                        while the bh has no place having splash damage, i wouldnt mind a damage increase. but the armor load of a helicopter should be such that 1 tank round or two at/aa missiles can kill it. i would say 1 at/aa missile should kill an attack heli, the purpose of the attack heli is to stay out of range.
                        No that would definately be to easy... you get hit 1 time much too often to make it lethal...
                        I already posted my suggestion:

#1 Leave the armor on the BH like it is now (2 AA/AT/tank shells or 1AA/AT/tank shell plus some .50 fire), but beef up the guns like they originally were or just a tiny tad weaker.

#2 Give the other two helos more armor to make up for the inferior guns

Comment

I have a sweet memory as AT, against BH.
                          I managed to send a rocket through the opening from behind and the explosion killed everyone onboard (not the chopper, thou).

Comment

I remember playing mashtuur a few patches ago... people wanted to get in the trans helis. And they were always full. Best teamwork I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chael
                              I remember playing mashtuur a few patches ago... people wanted to get in the trans helis. And they were always full. Best teamwork I ever saw.
                              being the right kit, in the right seat is not teamwork.

Comment

the blackhawks are fine, you guys just suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X