Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Originally posted by Vintageologist
    No that would definately be to easy... you get hit 1 time much too often to make it lethal...
    you are seriously trying to argue that 1 tank round shouldnt take down a chopper? its not an easy shot to make unless the pilot is retarded. if thats not what you meant i suggest you reread my post.

Comment

shooting transports with tanks is pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Profe
        shooting transports with tanks is pretty easy.
        ya, if the heli pilot is retarded.

Comment

Attack choppers are well unbalanced though!! :-) They just rack up easy noob points for the guy inside. Tone them down armour wise or beef up the Anti AA so they don't suck so much!! :P

Comment

i tend to agree, if an attack heli gets hit by an at round, it should go down.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
              you are seriously trying to argue that 1 tank round shouldnt take down a chopper? its not an easy shot to make unless the pilot is retarded. if thats not what you meant i suggest you reread my post.
              Yes, one tank round should NOT I repeat SHOULD NOT kill a transport helicopter in BF2. And it IS easy to get one hit on a helicopter that's flying by... but a clever pilot will get the **** outta there if he's hit.

Comment

The poll is going up in favor of the beefing of the transport choppers but no response from dice ......

Comment

The minigun needs to be returned to its former lethality. As for the MEC and PLA choppers...two options

1: Increase the firing rates of their current guns to match the power of the miniguns on the blackhawk.

2: Simply give the MEC and PLA choppers miniguns.

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair
                    The minigun needs to be returned to its former lethality. As for the MEC and PLA choppers...two options

1: Increase the firing rates of their current guns to match the power of the miniguns on the blackhawk.

That would be completely unlogical... the guns on the other chopper are like they are and they never get fitted with miniguns... just give them more aremor to compensate.

Comment

Last night I was alone in a tank, when I saw a transport helicopter coming right at me. I shoot a round at him, and then I start firing with MG. One guy jumped out, so I gunned him down. The chopper was flying over me, firing at me from one side.
                      So I shoot another round at it and boom, 3 more kills.
                      Then I resumed my journey towards a flag. It was so easy!
                      The transport chopper definitely needs more armor and better guns.

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair

I don't think we should be putting the miniguns on the MEC/PLA helos. But I do think that we could change the firerate of the gun. But I think it should fire a different round then what it shoots now. If it had the Mi-28 round, I think it would bring the bird up the the level of the former BH. Then the two platforms would be equal, with a different style of weapon.

I think people should have a reason to use those aircraft again, because as it is, might as well take a FAV/RIB across a map.

Comment

my final thoughts on this topic are that as long as the blackhawk can be taken down easily if it leaves itself open to danger, regardless of crew, then i dont give a damn what happens to the miniguns or armor.

Comment

Again, people are either new, or forgot that AA has been completely retooled since it they gimped the BH. If you got on a map like Oman, if a BH was coming in, you were screwed unless you had an APC warding-off an incoming bird. Now, with 3-to-4 AA placements, BHs can get popped the minute they come over the horizon. They are not as safe as they once were, and I think people need to keep that in mind when we are talking about returning the BH [and upping the MEC/PLA xports] back to the platform it once was.

AA is now more then a match for them, when they are placed well. It still would be nice if they would just add a stinger to the AT kit.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                              a stinger to the AT kit.
                              how about just making the pkm and m95 damage heli armor like they used to.

Comment

I dont care if the thing is buffed to hell, as long as 1 AT rocket downs the thing so I stand a change and eventually can get good enough to counter effectively. And I dont think increasing the splash damage is a good idea, I hate things that dont require precision aiming, it can do alot of damage but it should still take skill to use, no one can disagree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X