Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

I mentioned this on a thread but thought it deserved a poll.

Beefing up the guns and a little armour on the transport helies wouldn't be a bad thing would it? They are all useless now......

Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

They certainly aren't useless...

But yes, the armor needs to be increased.

Comment

Its silly how useless the guns are on both transport helicopters. I was 20 meters away from people and I couldn't kill them before they launched an AT rocket at me...after of course spraying about 3000 rounds into their area is seemed.

One Vodik can take out a helicopter pretty easily. Few people play engineer so you pretty much die unless you immediatley run away. Now that commanders can drop vehicles...anyone anywhere can defend against any helicopter very easily.

Comment

its actally a matter of pilot skill, if the pilot can smooth out, the transport can be quite effective

Comment

play AI they did them soo good

Comment

It's transport, so no better guns. But bit more armor isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Either decrease the damage and buff the armor, or increase the armor and nerf the damage. That is how balance works.

Comment

I think they should leave the guns as it is (honestly i've killed people with the .50 cals on the Hip, the BH miniguns rape vehicles and most of the time they are just needed to get people from one place to another, you guys want it to be so easy to kill people on the ground? Learn to fly or learn to fly the Attack chopper, they are designed to kill people on the ground, even in the air, hurray!)

However, the armor on the choppers is rubbish, it needs to be improved. A .50 cal will rip it up far too quickly and the jet cannons just vaporise the damn things

Comment

Better guns are definetely needed. I dont care who you are but when you spray at a guy for like a minute and you get the hit indicator, you should get the ****ing kill. Increase the splash damage by a fair amount.

Comment

ok , in bf2 when are you ever going to use a blk hwk for souly transport ,(apart fomr big maps ) but say on mushturr , the blk hwk was best weapon make the guns back to good , it makes it much more fun , and in real life if i spray you with a pkm/gun on the whale chopper , it will shred you up not dust the flooR"!

Comment

Its fun for you, but not necessarily fun for other people, why dont you just jump out and attack them from the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Viper
                        ok , in bf2 when are you ever going to use a blk hwk for souly transport ,(apart fomr big maps ) but say on mushturr , the blk hwk was best weapon make the guns back to good , it makes it much more fun , and in real life if i spray you with a pkm/gun on the whale chopper , it will shred you up not dust the flooR"!
                        It is a TRANSPORT chopper.

That's what it should be used for. The guns provide some defense. Yeah, they're not great but they should NOT have been as powerful as they were in v1.0. That thing was god-mode.

Man, why can't you guys get over this?

You want a weapons platform? Get in a tank or an attack chopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                          You want a weapons platform? Get in a tank or an attack chopper.
                          its not that the blackhawk isnt a weapons platform, because it can still be used effectivly as such, its that its not a mobile fortress as it was in 1.0. i dont understand why anyone would want that gameplay back in the game, armor or guns wise. the guns didnt require aiming much at all, and the armor, even with the current versions slow repair, is still enough for the chopper to get away from situations they shouldnt have put themselves in and deserve to die.

Comment

I certainly don't want the v1.0 blackhawk back *shudder*

Comment

HELL YEAH!!! I want to play shongua and mashtur again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA/DICE make changes for the noobs that want IO. SInce they all are going to be playing IO give us back the BLACK HAWK and beef up the other team chopper so is balance.

Comment

Working...
                              X