Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beefing up Transport Choppers on all sides?

I neva complained it was too powerful...the only ppl that complained were noobs gettin owned by it and not thinkin on how to take it out the sky. I took out BH's plenty of times, it was def possible and quite a challange.

Comment

they should increase the guns to what they were like before, in the old days when a heli would run mushtarr. but not increase the armor. EA/DICE did a good job decreasing the armor to help make the black halk less powerful, BUT being the idiot they r, instead of just keeping it at that and having a more balanced situation, they go ahead and nerf the guns. so now, instead of nerfing it a bit, they make it amlost entirely useless. Y CANT EA/DICE JUST NERF SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT?!?!?! all they do is just make it useless

Comment

When I see a Black Hawk, I see a free kill.

Comment

The guns dindn't have to be nerfed in the first place. They could just decrease the armor. The only one that can cap a flag from the chopper was the pilot. So it make it balance because the team has to get out of the chopper to cap it. There a commander could drop arty or a tank could defend the flag. Shongua and Mashtur where designed for the Black Hawk. The true Bf2 players where asking for beefing up the mec chopper guns so its balance.

Dice: 1.4 is in public beta. Make a beta 3 and imporve the choppers and see the feedback if people like it or not. If not put it back has it was.

Look at the poll 85 want it over 12. If you make the calculations has it was a survey, the majority of bf2 players want the black hawk.

Comment

The good ole days when pilots thought they were l337 when they only hovered over armor and the essex and knew no matter what you couldn't destroy them. Yea, bring back the good ole days when a tank shell, sraw, aa and another tank shell for good measure only brough the BH down to 3 bars of health. Ah, the good ole days...

Oh, and don't forget the open windows and open areas of BH..we must return those invisible walls where you actually see your bullets bounce of of thin air never hurting the engineers inside. Were you was called a nub because the best of snipers couldn't get a hit when aiming in the open areas of a BH. "You nub you can't aim"...Ah that brings back so many memories. So if you going to up the BH make sure you place those invisible walls in the open areas of the BH because we wouldn't want those engineers getting hurt now do we?
            //scarasm

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
              The good ole days when pilots thought they were l337 when they only hovered over armor and the essex and knew no matter what you couldn't destroy them. Yea, bring back the good ole days when a tank shell, sraw, aa and another tank shell for good measure only brough the BH down to 3 bars of health. Ah, the good ole days...

Oh, and don't forget the open windows and open areas of BH..we must return those invisible walls where you actually see your bullets bounce of of thin air never hurting the engineers inside. Were you was called a nub because the best of snipers couldn't get a hit when aiming in the open areas of a BH. "You nub you can't aim"...Ah that brings back so many memories. So if you going to up the BH make sure you place those invisible walls in the open areas of the BH because we wouldn't want those engineers getting hurt now do we?
              //scarasm
              They maked IO for noobs like you that try to snipe helis jets and tanks Go cry to another place you already got IO! Now Dice give to us, the one's that like regular bf2 with vehicles the BLack Hawk back. See Dice this is what you get with this noobs. They cry about helis put never go to learn to use them, they cry about jets and never learn to use them, same about tanks. You give them IO and they still want to nerf evertything. You already hear them know hear us. Give us the BH back.

Comment

I love transport choppers they are in my mind one of the most real things in this game and if you pilot good it is a great tool/weapon. It also if used correctly sponsors teamwork more than any vehicle in the game I hate how lonewolfed this game is... personally it you fly it correctly...and have a good squad the armor/guns are fine the way they are...if you dont like being shot down fly higher its not that hard and they can go pretty high

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
                  They maked IO for noobs like you that try to snipe helis jets and tanks Go cry to another place you already got IO! Now Dice give to us, the one's that like regular bf2 with vehicles the BLack Hawk back. See Dice this is what you get with this noobs. They cry about helis put never go to learn to use them, they cry about jets and never learn to use them, same about tanks. You give them IO and they still want to nerf evertything. You already hear them know hear us. Give us the BH back.
                  Please forgive my confusion. Are you asking to have the original blackhawks back that were able to completely dominate most maps they existed on? Or are you asking for a slight increase to allow the transport choppers to once again be an effective means for players to move from point A to point B?

Comment

hes asking to have the original blackhawks back. because he doesnt understand what game balance is.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                      Please forgive my confusion. Are you asking to have the original blackhawks back that were able to completely dominate most maps they existed on? Or are you asking for a slight increase to allow the transport choppers to once again be an effective means for players to move from point A to point B?
                      It's not just me, hey didn't you said that IO was because the comunity ask for it?
                      Do you know how a survey formula works? look at the poll. So IO was wanted from the comunity and you said is silly in some maps. But you respond to me like if it was a crazy idea. IO was crazy and dont work in some maps. Before 1.4 beta no one know about IO. Why dice can make that little change. You now is just a little setting number of the gun? no major change in the code.
                      Asking for beefing up the guns. Leave the armor has it is, look at the poll. Its not just me, Shongua and mashtur where designed for the transport choper but since they got nerfed no one play them. Since it was a public beta test you could see if people liked the change in them.
                      And not just the Black Hawk, the mec and chinesse chopper too. If the two choper have equal firepower it would have balance, because they can shoot down one another. Plus the chopper alone cant cap a flag with that little armor. The infantry should get it shotdown. You give them IO give us something too.

Or the IO mode was sponsored from the same people that sponsored road to jalalab? So is a money thing? Well maybe we should get an sponsor to motivate DICE to 'hear the comunity" has they did with IO.

Comment

Ok so the following 2 are threads from BF2S and EA forums which show that most people are with me to say that at least the Blackhawk's miniguns should be beefed up. #1 includes poll showing that OBVIOUSLY most are for beefing the Miniguns up.
                        I'm personally for giving the PLA and MEC helos more armor and leaving the armor on the BH but beef up it's guns. Seems most reasonable to me.

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

thank you.

Edit: BF2S forums seem to be down atm, please be patient.

Btw I never think the BH dominated the any map after only the pilot could cap flags not the whole thing... but of course you had to know how to take them out and not go head-to-head with a minigun if all you had was an AK101... but that's what most people don't seem to understand... if you face a tank and he's looking at you, chances are you get shot... same with a BH minigunner.

And yes they ARE useless atm... those are not thought to be used as platform for paratroopers, but to get troops in AND out again.

And also yes, it's a transport helo... one with a GAU17 on each side. What did you think when you bought this game "combining all aspects of modern warfare"? If you can't deal with the fact that these helos can rip through infantry and light armored vehicles, this is obviously not the game for you, but hey, there are alternatives like CS:S...

Comment

Originally posted by Vintageologist
                          Ok so the following 2 are threads from BF2S and EA forums which show that most people are with me to say that at least the Blackhawk's miniguns should be beefed up. #1 includes poll showing that OBVIOUSLY most are for beefing the Miniguns up.

http: //forums.bf2s. com/viewtopic.php?id=34017

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

thank you.
                          This is useless. They can see a poll of 1,000 people that want the Black Hawk and 0 that dont and nothing is going to be done. They dont hear the comunity. This IO appeared from nowhere.

This public beta testing was for the new map and IO only because they are sponsored , not for testing for bugs(the red bug is not happening so often). And yes, somebody pay Dice for IO and a new map and those that pay get to make changes to the game we already pay for. Thats nice EA/Dice. Keep the good work for loosing future customers.

Comment

pwnd.

Comment

A little of both. Now I don't think we're asking to allow passengers to count when capturing a flag, but having only 1 enemy in a jeep that can take down an entire helicopter full of your teammates before his gun overheats does seem a little unbalanced. Also with vehicle drops, the enemy can easily defend against a transport helicopter.

With the splash damage removed its very difficult to kill anyone while the helicopter is moving.

What we are asking is for the armor to be increased by at least 25-33% and for both helicopter's guns to have a small splash damage effect. This way they are a little more than death traps and could be used as a firing platform which is what they were designed to do - support a squad.

Comment

I think what most people want is for the Blackhawk's guns to be more effective. Remember though, if you add more splash damage to the BH, then you have ot make some part of the MEC and PLA choppers more effective.

DICE seems to be taking the balance issue in BF2142 to a whole new level...I hope they do the same with this 1.4 patch.

And to those who keep complaining to DICE/EA, chill. They are finally starting to listen to the community, don't blow it.

- Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X