No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Originally posted by Deliverance
    Yes they did, there was a thread running on Bf2rankedservers.com and a petition set up which ran for several weeks asking for precisely this (we didnt ask for all the adjusted HP, sprint speed crap though)

Several hundred, probably several thousand people asked for it. So please dont assume that because you dont want it, or havent heard of it that it isnt wanted. IT IS!
    It's not wanted. havent you read all the forums? All the post about it? Nobody go to bfrankedservers.com to read that because nobody thinks EA DICe are so DUMB to hear you ,see that every time they listen to whiners like you they make a patch that nerf things and DAMAGE BF2. Look at the black hawk nerfing. I loved playing SHONGUA map and now nobody plays it. The map was designed for the Black Hawk. Now nobody plays the map. Infantry only would do the same to all the jet- armor- attack heli maps. All the little whiners like you that get owned and don't take time to learn to use those vehicles are gona change to infantry only to stat pad the easy way. Skill is not a thing people get when they first time install bf2. Skill comes with practice and learning to do something. At first in bf2 you need skill and teamwork to own. Now IO is the ultimate nerfing.

When I see people owning in a jet - heli - tank - c4 - grenade launcher, say to myself that I have to learn to do that. Not run to mommy EA/DICE to cry about it and tell them to nerf it.

And Dice is worst for hearing noobs that don't even have hours playing and wan't to stat pad. The majority of knife pistol servers are city maps. GReat EA make more nerfing to make a stat padders heaven mode.

Maps in bf2 where desing for vehicles. If you wan't points learn to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
      It's not wanted. havent you read all the forums? All the post about it? Nobody go to bfrankedservers.com to read that because nobody thinks EA DICe are so DUMB to hear you ,see that every time they listen to whiners like you they make a patch that nerf things and DAMAGE BF2. Look at the black hawk nerfing. I loved playing SHONGUA map and now nobody plays it. The map was designed for the Black Hawk. Now nobody plays the map. Infantry only would do the same to all the jet- armor- attack heli maps. All the little whiners like you that get owned and don't take time to learn to use those vehicles are gona change to infantry only to stat pad the easy way. Skill is not a thing people get when they first time install bf2. Skill comes with practice and learning to do something. At first in bf2 you need skill and teamwork to own. Now IO is the ultimate nerfing.

When I see people owning in a jet, say to myself that I have learn to do that.
      Until you can come back with a response that doesnt sound like my 9 year old cousin wrote it im not even going to dignify you with a full response, so here is the dumbed down version, especially for you.

Infantry only IS wanted, it was asked for, several hundred people asked for it, probably thousands. IO doesnt affect you if you dont choose to play it, it is an OPTION (maybe worth looking that word up in the dictionary)

You DONT have to play it if you dont want to.

I love how the term 'noob' is banded around these days, yet the people who tend to coin the phrase seem to be the ones who either cant think of a reasonable arguement, or their vocabulary is so lacking that they're unable to actually say what they mean.

Maps in bf2 where desing for vehicles. If you wan't points learn to use them.
      I couldnt care less about meaningless points, i have a life, you know, with real people, a girlfreind, a mortgage, pets, family; getting a few fictional points or medals is about as far up my list of priorities as wiping your arse.

Comment

Instead of ruin the bf2 game that everybody loves. Why dont DIce make a booster pack with infantry only maps and that way all you that want CS .1.6 no teamwork style lovers can play.

Don't ruin our game for some few stat padders that want easy pionts.

Make a patch for bug fixes. Stop changing the game and the gameplay that came out of the cd box. If people dind't like it, they wouldnt buy it in the first place.

I couldnt care less about meaningless points, i have a life, you know, with real people, a girlfreind, a mortgage, pets, family; getting a few fictional points or medals is about as far up my list of priorities as wiping your arse.
        If you careless why are you whining about it in bf2rankedservers? Why you even play bf2. Why are you here?

Comment

Battlefield used to be all about the vehicles. People using tactics and competing. Now it's all about nerfing and crying to DICE about things that killed them more than 5 times.

And don't come to the forums whining about more high-skilled clanners coming to a ranked inf only server and causing madness. Clanners and pubbers were separated and it was pretty harmonic for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by OCl
            Battlefield used to be all about the vehicles. People using tactics and competing. Now it's all about nerfing and crying to DICE about things that killed them more than 5 times.

And don't come to the forums whining about more high-skilled clanners coming to a ranked inf only server and causing madness. Clanners and pubbers were separated and it was pretty harmonic for both parties.
            ******** separated. Clanners came from pubbers and in public server is where they play. So much for separation theory. You make it sound as if its a stage issue, where clanners are higher than pubbers. In my BF2 playing time, in my regular squads we rarely had a clanner, and it were usually the clanners who whined IN the servers, mind you that pubbers whined too, but I actually saw more "gameplay" whinering from clanners part, than pubbers part. Pubbers usually used the "u r using hax" card.

Infantry only is an unnecesary addition and change, which effort could have gone to create a patch with as many bug fixes as possible. While its fun to hear, "illegal infantry only" servers already did what this patch was supposed to do. Ranked or not.

Comment

The only thing i don't like is that in Infantry mode the only thing that presumably kills with a headshot is the sniper rifles, maybe not even the SVD although i haven't checked.

This - along with the increased HP for the Snipers and other classes means that a sniper can sit there getting shot at but have the time (yes it can still be a small time but it's much larger than reg BF2) to get that headshot and kill the person instantly, even moreso if the sniper is somewhat talented. I just did it and got about 15-0 before actually dying on Jalalabad, i'm not even that much of a sniper..

The HP increase is terrible, we wanted Inf only but BF2 style Inf only not a slightly different inf only game. If you get what i mean.

Hope you're reading this DICE, keep inf only, make it unranked but don't increase the HP leave that as it is. That is all.

Is there a suggestions thread? I feel this isn't a bug more of a suggestion about the 1.4 BETA.

It's nice that they're doing a BETA but it only works if they listen carefully.

Comment

Instead of ruin the bf2 game that everybody loves. Why dont DIce make a booster pack with infantry only maps and that way all you that want CS .1.6 no teamwork style lovers can play.

Don't ruin our game for some few stat padders that want easy pionts.

Make a patch for bug fixes. Stop changing the game and the gameplay that came out of the cd box. If people dind't like it, they wouldnt buy it in the first place.

If you careless why are you whining about it in bf2rankedservers? Why you even play bf2. Why are you here?
                I played CS since the beta days, by the sound of it far before youd even discovered what a PC was. No one is whining at bf2rankedservers, there was a poll there, which hundreds of people signed saying they wanted it.

Infantry fighting is far more condusive of teamwork/squad play than you seem to think.

Maybe you should actually read back over this thread and see why people DO want infantry only before pulling out some moronic, ill thought out responses about stat padding or CS.

Clearly you arent able to understand plain english, so we'll try one last time.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY INFANTRY ONLY. YOU CAN STILL PLAY NORMAL BF2 WITH VEHICLES, AND GET ALL YOUR MEANINGLESS POINTS IN THE PROCESS.

Were you able to understand that?

Apologies to those of you who are able to hold a reasonable debate on the subject, but god damn sometimes you just gotta dumb it all down!

Comment

Infantry fighting is far more condusive of teamwork/squad play than you seem to think.
                  LOL... What teamwork man, seriously.

Combined effort to achieve what?

Nothing.

Itll look far more like CS than ever before. Increased hitpoints will create firefights where 2 guys hit crouch and slam away. Best shot wins. And so in every encounter. Crouch, shoot, kill, heal, move on. No, there will not be any teamwork, unless you mean throwing medic bags and ammo around.... wait, its already there!

Teamwork in THIS BF2 is almost non-existant, and comes out if people want to get rid of armor. Imagine no infantry threats. People will run around INDIVIDUALLY, going for the kills, just like in counter strike. Issue is, if you were reckless in THIS BF2, you get punished by armor, or a good shot. In IO, with increased hitpoints and I assume 100% medic kit usage, there will be no reprecautions for being reckless. While this may be mindless shooting fun, its something teamwork is NOT.

So while I agree that a good old fashion CS infantry way shootout is great, you could have that in any other adminned and specialized "infantry only" server. So why bother with patching a problem that is already solved...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    LOL... What teamwork man, seriously.

Combined effort to achieve what?

Nothing.

Itll look far more like CS than ever before. Increased hitpoints will create firefights where 2 guys hit crouch and slam away. Best shot wins. And so in every encounter. Crouch, shoot, kill, heal, move on. No, there will not be any teamwork, unless you mean throwing medic bags and ammo around.... wait, its already there!

Teamwork in THIS BF2 is almost non-existant, and comes out if people want to get rid of armor. Imagine no infantry threats. People will run around INDIVIDUALLY, going for the kills, just like in counter strike. Issue is, if you were reckless in THIS BF2, you get punished by armor, or a good shot. In IO, with increased hitpoints and I assume 100% medic kit usage, there will be no reprecautions for being reckless. While this may be mindless shooting fun, its something teamwork is NOT.

So while I agree that a good old fashion CS infantry way shootout is great, you could have that in any other adminned and specialized "infantry only" server. So why bother with patching a problem that is already solved...

I dont want the increased hitpoints or the increased HP, id prefer they leave it as is, remove all the armour/helos/planes and replace with transports instead.

If you think teamwork doesnt exist in BF2 (in terms of infantry) i invite you to come visit our city maps server sometime. Please, im not saying this as a retort, im seriously asking you to come play on our server, any of them, all 3 are the same in the teamwork they produce, particularly the city maps, sometime and squad up with some of our guys. I can guaruntee you will change your mind about infantry fighting not being condusive of team work (of course we still allow vehicles as we have to)

That goes for anyone who is sceptical of the fact teamwork DOES exist in Bf2. We are not a clan, we play together because we like playing as a team, and having a laugh. Squad up with anyone with a 50k tag, we nearly all have VOIP and use it all the time.

Comment

Not just medics but snipers, as i've already stated. I think snipers have much more of an advantage in Inf mode. The increased hitpoints really is quite an un-needed addon. Snipers benifit heavily though, even further retracting teamwork from this mode.

Edit: Read my (#201) post explaining how snipers are now the best killers in inf mode.

Comment

I played CS since the beta days,
                        This is no CS this is BF2 with vehicles designed map. Go back to CS .

SEE this DICE!!!! You are hearing other comunity of players. Not bf2 ones.

Dice should here people like me that played since BF1942 not CS players.
                        Hear more of the BF comunity that are the ones that buy the games. Not CS fan boys.

Stop changing BF2 to look more like CS because is not. Go make some city maps but don't take out the vehicles.

Comment

Stop changing BF2 to look more like CS because is not. Go make some city maps but don't take out the vehicles.
                          number one we all know dice wont listen or read owt like this, but the IO would make a nice change from rapin tits in tanks. leave jeeps for transportation, but nuke the tanks APC choppers jets for at least 1 map, if you dont like it you can always change your map.

Comment

Are u unable to read or what?

I told you i played CS since the beta days, therefore i know the difference between the CS and BF series infantry combat. YOU CANNOT compare the two, they are two completely different styles of play.

I dont want them to change BF to CS, if i wanted to play CS i would install it again and play it, i dont, i want to play BF, both as it is now, AND with the option of infantry only.

Comment

Just because the MAJORITY who enjoyed the game for what it was didnt complain does not mean INFANTRY ONLY was wanted....

Now you will see a shift....

I say they change the name to Infantryfield and just lose the vehicle all togather then nerf everything but a uber AT guy that shoots nukes out his a$$....

Seriously infantry only ok soooo tell me how this woulnt be like quake with a AT guy in an infantry only server???????

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                                Just because the MAJORITY who enjoyed the game for what it was didnt complain does not mean INFANTRY ONLY was wanted....

Now you will see a shift....

I say they change the name to Infantryfield and just lose the vehicle all togather then nerf everything but a uber AT guy that shoots nukes out his a$$....

Seriously infantry only ok soooo tell me how this woulnt be like quake with a AT guy in an infantry only server???????
                                Once again, if you dont like it, you dont have to play it. And i can assure you, it IS wanted a a considerable number of people. I too enjoy Bf2 for what it is, vehicles and all, but i would like the OPTION (meaning you can choose) to play infantry only now and again.

Comment

Working...
                                X