No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    I think the one this that everybody agrees on in this thread is that these odd ball changes such as long spawn timers and ultra health reservoirs is a bad idea for IO. It makes the medic too powerful, and makes too many other classes useless. And even without these things, IO will still have almost all the classes useless.
    This poll on the EA UK forums suggests you're right. I suggest people take part in the poll. Hopefully an overwhelming majority will be voting in favour of no changes to spawn timers, health etc., and DICE may take notice.

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Just to play devils advocate for a second, I think the only acceptable mode of IO (if DICE feels they absolutely HAVE to add it) would be something with a modified vehicle selection with more transport vehicles. For example Sharqi would have a transport helicopters to replace the attack helicopters, and an extra jeep for every tank/APC lost. That'd at least give engineers and anti-tank kits something to do. Of course you'd also have to either make these statistics UNRANKED or ranked completely separately. For example, you could have a rank of X on a regular server, but when an IO server map rolled around you'd instead have a rank of Y. That'll leave the mode available only for the people who actually want to play IO, and not the people who want to pad stats. That's something I'd actually personally consider playing. Not Battlefield 2 IO, but rather a modified vehicle selection that supports and puts more emphasis on the infantry aspect.
    A fine idea. Infantry *orientated* rather than infantry *only* and I'd have little problem with the *orientated* mode still being ranked because of the level playing field created with the removal of powerfully armed ground or air vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
      I dont think they are quite hearing that one tho for some reason theyve gone all blinkered. maybe you shouldve put it in bold italic at +7 in red to make sure lol
      No youve got it wrong. They ARE hearing our pro IO comments, they're not blinkered. As far as i can see, the main opposition to this is because they (they being the anti-IO people) beleive that alot of the servers they play on will switch to IO meaning they cant carry on as they are (this is how it effects them even if they dont play IO) Personally i dont think this will happen, as there will always be a demand for servers where you can use vehicles. The secondary reason is because they also think that gaining certains stats on an IO server will be easier than a normal server (conversely though, a tanker on a Karkand could easily outscore a medic on IO karkand)

Comment

I dont think they are quite hearing that one tho for some reason theyve gone all blinkered. maybe you shouldve put it in bold italic at +7 in red to make sure lol
        lol indeed

Now that i think about it, however, the twl 5v5 infantry only is the best way for an infantry only mode, remove the vehicles, vehicle drop, arty and that't it. Would be the best idea to leave health the way it is and damage to be left the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
          ......,The secondary reason is because they also think that gaining certains stats on an IO server will be easier than a normal server (conversely though, a tanker on a Karkand could easily outscore a medic on IO karkand)
          Well whatever their beef, there will ALWAYS be a demand for plain old BF2 itll never go away..., i just think adding the IO mode just adds a "different" depth to the game "like a mod" someone said?

lol shudder the thought that a dedicated groundpounder should get more points than an armour/air wh0r3 omg that just wouldnt do would it.

Comment

Well whatever their beef, there will ALWAYS be a demand for plain old BF2 itll never go away..., i just think adding the IO mode just adds more depth to the game "like a mod" someone said?

lol shudder the thought that a dedicated groundpounder should get more points than an armour/air wh0r3 omg that just wouldnt do would it.
            Shudder at the thought? It happens every day for me. I get a bare minimum of 60-70 points a round as a medic on a 64 player server regardless if it's Wake or Dalian Plant. Rarely am I outscored by any type of vehicle on maps like Karkand, Sharqi and Mashtuur. I'd put 60-70 points on the low end, as my average medic round on Karkand is somehow around 80-85 points with the odd game in to the 100+ range.

Most APC/tanks scores I see are fairly pathetic and while on a map like Karkand they can usually sneak up in to the top 10 highest scores, they are almost always outshone by medics.

So you can only imagine how ridiculous a medics score could be without pesky armor to worry about.

Comment

cough cough k/p server cough
              Yeah the scores there are HUGE. well into the 500 poin range.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                cough cough k/p server cough
                Yeah the scores there are HUGE. well into the 500 poin range.
                Providing they arent' laming up the joint...........sounds fun. BIg time infantry action. No worries about a tank spamming your control point, or apc.....or 5 cluster bombs........or that chopper circling around the TV station, just out of sight, yet killing all......... all that stuff.......not fun.

Comment

OK people stop the petty arguments right here
                  we are getting an infantry mode so suck it up and deal with it

The best proposal is the one the smart forum members have been trying to hammer home and which Harmor neatly summarised:

We want BF2 where
                  tanks are replaced by heavy transports
                  APCs are replaced by jeeps
                  attack helicopters are replaced by transport helcopters
                  jets are removed
                  no artillery.
                  Everything else should stay the same.

If anyone has a decent argument against that as the optimal compromise for Infantry mode that will please EVERYONE I want to hear it - I doubt an argument exists.

That is what we should all agree on - hell every post after this should just post those proposals again and again so that EA/DICE get the message
                  Agree with this now or god knows what DICE will think up next ... for the greater good of the game, unless you have a better idea that will please me and 90% of the community - embrace this infantry mode proposal

Comment

i dont particularly like the no arty thing. why? well if your commander, you see a bunch of people capping 1 flag. you tell your mates this flag needs help. noone responds. whats your last option? cartillery???? hell no. YOU ARTY THEM BITCHES! lol.

seriously, WHY REMOVE arty in the first place?
                    and cmon, you gotta admit. its fun to look for enemy commander and try to kill him with your arty =P

Comment

The OP's name says it all. You're a vehicle whore. You hate infantry fights. Get over it and don't play on IO servers.

IMO, you're just scared that all the ground pounders will all switch to the IO servers, leaving you without anyone to kill in your vehicle whore ways.

Comment

I just did a few rounds on some unranked and top guy every time, a medic. He sucked at shooting because first thing he would do when confronted is hop behind you and finish you off with the Ak101.

I was Spec Ops 100% and only got top combat, but this guy would get 70+ mostly by revives and heals. So if you are not medic then you are worthless.

Comment

Well from everything I've heard so far, this infantry only mode SUCKS. Can't EA do anything right?!

Comment

I just got off an IO server this mode is insane! Nothing but teamwork and NO not EVERYONE is a medic theres only a few and you dont get revived all the time. This is a great mode and I thank Dice/EA for implementing it in this patch.

Comment

our worst enemy is ourselves

Comment

They need to change it to Infantryfield then.....

Comment

Working...
                                X