No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Some players can't handle flying a jet and managing the teamwork aspect, it's too much for their tiny brains to handle. I manage teamwork quite well when I'm flying a jet, spending a good chunk of my time striking targets such as tanks spotted by infantry who are attempting to advance to the next flag. Stereotyping is very rarely a good thing Deliverance.

If you want a stereotype that is often true, City Maps. Often synonymous with grenade spamming, claymore spamming, and stat padding. Check what server any of the top ranking players play the most. It's Karkand. Why is it Karkand? Well I'll leave you to figure that one out.

Just be glad some people (like me) care more about game balance and the overall health of the particular game as a whole rather than fictional medals and points. Because if not for individuals like me, you'd be seeing crap Knife and Pistol as a option in 1.5.

Everyone has a choice when to and not to raise their voices, but in the end it's DICE that decides. I'm just doing my part to steer them in the right direction, and you can't fault me for that.
    Please, dont tell me im stereo typing when you just clearly stated that the people who would play IO would be stat padders, thats tripe. Stereotyping is very rarely a good thing PlaneWhore.

It may well be the case that the city maps servers you play on involve those things, but our servers have none of that crap. Claymore spamming was reduced in the last patch with the ability to only lay 2. FF is ON for freindly mines/clays to stop people spamming them everywhere, and in the year we've been running we have caught and reported maybe a handful of stat padders. The server is actively admined at all times. Maybe you should swing by then have a think about your stereotyping of people who play City Maps.

Comment

hi all
      I am playing bf2 now for a while like it because of ol the vehicles.
      It is not stranche that some of the players want to play without them.
      I play cod,cod uo and cod2 also.
      In ou you can use tanks and other vehicles.
      I like that too the rumour is yhat cod3 also has vehicles.
      Cod is without vehicles and the better version(improved) cod uo with.
      With cod uo (call od duty united offence) you can see when you log on a server if it has vehicles or not.
      So you can choose .
      Maybe it is an idaer to surch on that information for a server .
      Then is every boddy happy

Comment

Originally posted by colony
        DICE, dont put new rims on a busted car
        I'd hardly call this game a busted car, because I'd never have this much fun sitting in a car that can't move. but DICE does have some things to fix.

They should go right on down this list, and I'd recommend these in the order of importance

1) Balancing the airplanes (J-10) - which would completely fix and change the balance on 4(?) maps.

2) Reworking both A2A and S2A to provide a fair, balanced, and skillful experience. This would fix every single map with helicopter and/or aircraft

3) Fix broken classes like assault and balance down overpowered classes like the medic (I play a medic, and I can admit it)

4) Focus on squashing annoying bugs and exploits like red name tag, optimizing the performance of the engine, preventing prone crouch spamming macros.

Is that really too much to ask for? After these simple tasks are accomplished then focus on ruining the game with horrible game modes that turn this game in to nothing mroe than a watered down counterstrike.

Comment

I like the infantry only mode... Gets rid of all the plane/tank whores...

Comment

delverance wat server is this,i like the sound of it.

Comment

what they should have done was retain the normal damage but take out defib.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but I like BF2 for the mix of hardware and the infantry aspect.

I personally prefer the infantry aspect more, because EVERYONE spawns as an infantry person, but only a few can get the tanks/APC's/Heli/Jets.

I'd love to see an Infantry Only, but with the original damages. I LIKE dieing in one shot from a grenade, getting clipped in the head by a sniper .... mainly because it means you can do this stuff BACK to them.

While I do feels the Jets/APC's/Tanks are over powered in normal play, I don't like the sound of these super beings able to shrug off grenades, 7.62x54mm rounds and 40mm Grenades.

SO I'll probably stick to original BF2.

KBK

Comment

I love IO.
                  Hope on a Tank only and a Plane only Mode in the future.

Comment

IO the way they have it actually works great. You get to live a little longer and you have less kill, die, spawn repetition. RTJ is very intense with enough people playing. It worked great for me even though my ping was hi, around 150.

IO on Kark and Sharqi is going to be like heaven. I would play nothing but IO now but for some reason people get on the IO servers and decide they just have to use their M1 against the other 9 ground pounders trying to have fun.

As far as the OP goes, there's no reason why I should be forced to be planewhored round after round. Its pathetic that someone would make an absurd post like this just to keep their vehicle whoring way of gaming alive. IO ranked will ruin BF2???? OMG. Ridiculous. It'll save BF2 for alot of people and give it a longer life.

The number one thing that turns people I know off to BF2 is the low skill, moronic vehicle whoring that happens on otherwise excellent maps. The number two thing is the ******** RT. Both of those gone?? Excellent.

Dice should keep IO, ranked or unranked, increased hit points or not. Awesome guys, keep up the good work.

Comment

I think the best solution would be to keep everything the same, just remove armour, planes and helis - so you still have the heavy and light jeeps (let's face it - getting around on a 64 player map will take days otherwise!) and it still means all the classes will get played.

Comment

I heard they´ll include de_dust with the official 1.4 patch with the Infantry Only mode...

Comment

We all know if its unranked, sad but true it will fail. People only want to play ranked, so for it to work it would have to be ranked. If it remains as it is and unranked then it will be useless. Its no good for clan matches in its present form.

If it was like CAL/TWL rules, no armour, no vehicles, no arty, no uav and was ranked then it would work but only like that. If the weapon damage is nerfed to how it is now it won't work.

Keep that in mind DICE.

Comment

The ROE Will apply and if needed I am sure it will be changed to apply to this mode. We shall see and if any news happens regarding this we will let you all know!

Comment

Bad idea, ok get rid of the tanks and apc's but keep the hmmv and vodniks. This will give the other kits like the engineer and anti tank a role to play in this mode. Otherwise it will be 64 medics running around healing and reviving.

Comment

Jeez i dunno what ppl are whining about FGS! Dice give us a new game depth and everyone is up in arms.., sheesh get a life everyone.
                                You dont HAVE to play it regardless if its going to be ranked or not..., plus you diehard veh h03s still get a new city map.

IMHO if Dice get the tweeking of this gameplay right itll be like getting a new BF2 all over again. As for the CS comments .. pfffft, i guess youd better go back to vanilla BF2 and sit in your vehicle all day long.

Comment

Working...
                                X