• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talus
    replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    You are one of the few here who I would be happy to see in that position in all honesty
    I appreciate that comment

But I know there is a dichotomy here within the BF2 player base. I'm of one type, and the majority of players are of another

Expect negative comments incoming...

Leave a comment:

• Jlspence
    replied

I don't have a problem leaving the transport vehicles in as is; however, for those that do, the idea posted earlier that transport vehicles and helos be left in MINUS the mounted machine guns is a good suggestion (or muscle cars). That way, infantry has a way to get around, TOWs and AT class have a purpose. I also agree that health/hit points should remain the same.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

You are one of the few here who I would be happy to see in that position in all honesty

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    worries me too
    There seems to be no leadership or vision at DICE - everybody's ideas on the team are implemented. There's no one outlining what Bf2 should be or what dirtection it should take. No one making the right decisions.
    They need a project leader who breathes BF2 and doesn't compromise on his vision.
    This softly softly, touchy feely feedback nonsense is for the birds - you either get someone who knows what people want to take charge or your game dies. Simple as that.
    I'll take that job...

Leave a comment:

• imported_BlueScreen
    replied

Originally posted by Talus
    I can't play a vast majority of the maps I paid for on ranked servers because of 24/7 Karkand or 24/7 City Maps servers being the majority.
    I don't want this to sound unfriendly but it's IMHO the wrong way to solve your problem (being too silly to find a non city maps or karkand server) by dictating others how to play where.

If you wan't to play all the maps you "paid" for and you can't find a server suggest buying one .
    Does that not indicate that infantry only would become the most popular option?
    No!

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

worries me too
    There seems to be no leadership or vision at DICE - everybody's ideas on the team are implemented. There's no one outlining what Bf2 should be or what dirtection it should take. No one making the right decisions.
    They need a project leader who breathes BF2 and doesn't compromise on his vision.
    This softly softly, touchy feely feedback nonsense is for the birds - you either get someone who knows what people want to take charge or your game dies. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

You're right..it HAS to be unranked..but unfortunately, Colin has stated that it is still open for discussion.

And that's what worries me..

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

It doesn't really affect most servers because
    1. This has to be unranked
    2. This should be designed to please the clans for use in their competitions

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Please..gimme the IP. I just hope my ping is good for it

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

I can't play a vast majority of the maps I paid for on ranked servers because of 24/7 Karkand or 24/7 City Maps servers being the majority.

Take the Counter-Strike players and then add in all of the BF players disillusioned with the balance issues, and that's what you'd get.

PS - melodramatic
    24/7 City maps are popular, thats why there are so many. As for Infantry only being the most popular, i dont think it will. Take Sharqi for example, the tanks and helos play as much apart in that map as Infantry, we (as server admins/owners) know this.

Im not saying you might not be right, but as a server admin and someone who watches our 3 servers fill/empty everyday i genuinely dont think your fears will be the case. If they are, you are most welcome on our 50 player full map rotation which will be running the same as it always has done.

Leave a comment:

• gervish
    Guest replied

Tanks taking damage for rolling over terrain and hitting little bumps is pretty stupid. Half the time you get in a tank battle if you've been on the move for a while in a map like oman you're bound to have maybe a quarter of your health taken off you depending on how long and how fast you've been moving. Obviously this puts you at a disadvantage. Also the drawdistance bug where vehicles can flicker in and out of view can be pretty annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Originally posted by Deliverance
    This is a bit mellow dramatic i think (not just you, alot of people make this point)

We have 3 servers, and tho i dont make the decisions im pretty damned sure only 1 would be set to Infantry only. Our largest server, which rotates all maps would certainly not have Infantry only, what would be the point in playin Zatar or Dragon Valley with no vehicles? Vehicles are entirely the points of those maps, i think you need to give server admins/owners a little more credit in how they make their decisions.

Its not an armaggedon for Bf2 as you know it, just another way it can be played. Unranked IO wont work, No one will play it, its a sad fact, but its true.

Take the Counter-Strike players and then add in all of the BF players disillusioned with the balance issues, and that's what you'd get.

PS - melodramatic

Leave a comment:

• Jlspence
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
    Server with regular maps would be empty. When DIce nerfed the Black HAwk maps like shongua and mashtur the gameplay changed so much no one play those maps anymore like before. Shongua is a map that empty a full server if you put it in rotation.
    The sky won't fall. We have ALL the BF2 Vanilla maps in our server rotation and Songhua Stalemate DOES NOT empty the server...in fact, it has no real impact on player numbers. Mashtuur City is still one of the most popular BF2 maps. With the BH nerfing it is also now one of the more balanced maps.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Since people are so ticked off at the current balance issues, most ranked servers would switch to Infantry Only...and then those of us that ENJOY Battlefield as a complete combat game are screwed.
    This is a bit mellow dramatic i think (not just you, alot of people make this point)

We have 3 servers, and tho i dont make the decisions im pretty damned sure only 1 would be set to Infantry only. Our largest server, which rotates all maps would certainly not have Infantry only, what would be the point in playin Zatar or Dragon Valley with no vehicles? Vehicles are entirely the points of those maps, i think you need to give server admins/owners a little more credit in how they make their decisions.

Its not an armaggedon for Bf2 as you know it, just another way it can be played. Unranked IO wont work, No one will play it, its a sad fact, but its true.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

the problem is the more complex the system the more that can go wrong
    This will please the vast majority
    1. replace tanks with heavy jeeps
    2. replace apc & aa with light jeeps
    3. remove planes
    4. replace attack helis with transport ones
    5. disable artillery
    6. MAYBE place some additional jeeps so fast transport is warranted
    7. Leave the rest alone !!!
    There is no reason why this shouldn't be the be all and end all of their work. They have after all wasted time on creating new damage systems that everyone agrees is crazy. Keep it simple. Swap out armour for transports

THAT IS ALL WE WANT DICE. Don't give us 'features' nobody asked for or wants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X