• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talus
    replied
    Re: No Vehicle option details

Originally posted by frazzman
    Yes i would too, but unfortunatly those subject have been somewhat overshadowed by the bleeting about IO mode, but that was the original discussion topic here.
    I just need to hear a compelling arguement as to why this mode NEEDS to be ranked?

It just doesn't make sense.

The fact that this mode is going to exist at all should be enough for most players...

It's basically a MOD.

The CORE, BASIC, and UNALTERED GAME should be ranked. That way, fairness and balance is NEVER a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

..and so nobody gets upset, I'm going to be removing all of those off-topic posts in a moment to clean things up a bit

Leave a comment:

• Blades
    Guest replied

Originally posted by wjp1
    2 cents from me...

Infantry only should be, as mentioned before, with light transports/transport helis and without commander arty. Health/damage should be as is in 1.3
    PRO'S:
    1) AT and mechanic class will have purpose
    2) Faster gameplay - people can go from flag to flag really quick
    3) Vehicle drop would be really usefull
    4) If damage stays there ba a lot more tactical decissions involved IMHO - people/squads/commanders has to orient, think and decide before act (OODA)
    CON'S:
    5) There probably be "vehicle whoring" - if we want not allow that to happen, there must be plenty of vehicles.
    6) Vehicle camping - one guy in .50 turrent spraying bullets on spawn points(but one precise sniper bullet or rocket should done it right)
    7) With health/damage "as is" there is a danger of granade/c4/whatever spamming - but it happens now and most of us can handle with that.

Additional comments:
    - If there will be transport choppers, they CANNOT have stronger guns. We all know why
    - respawn time shouldn't be server option - it should stay as is.
    I dont agree with the possible transport choppers. If they are in IO, then that limits any boosting of the guns (which most REALLY want), so it is in or out.

Leave a comment:

• frazzman
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Talus
    ..and neither is yours.
    Agreed, so we need to statistically see who is or is not interested wouldnt you agree?

Now the dev team is wasting precious time on THIS instead of balance and bugs. I would much rather hear that Colin and his crew are working on balancing the vehicles in the game and fixing old bugs rather than hearing that they are all sitting around wondering how the community likes this NEW FEATURE that we didn't ask for.
    Yes i would too, but unfortunatly those subject have been somewhat overshadowed by the bleeting about IO mode, but that was the original discussion topic here.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Ok..let's keep it on-topic...after all, Colin DID create this thread and he does want to come back and read it without seeing us bickering (myself included )

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm all for having the option...

Leave a comment:

• Red Devil
    Guest replied

I would love to be able to pick amongst more types of gameplay and game modes. More variety in gameplay means more choices. So long as the server advertises which gameplay is used on that server, everybody will be able to pick the gameplay that suits them best.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Originally posted by frazzman
    your word is NOT the full community view.. i for one would like to see it ranked and so would MANY others
    ..and neither is yours.

This could have EASILY been a user created mod.

Now the dev team is wasting precious time on THIS instead of balance and bugs. I would much rather hear that Colin and his crew are working on balancing the vehicles in the game and fixing old bugs rather than hearing that they are all sitting around wondering how the community likes this NEW FEATURE that we didn't ask for.

Leave a comment:

• $kelet0r
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Hey guys,
    I find I am a bit vague on how much of this discussion is based off play experience on different maps using the new option and how much of it is based on speculation.

I am speaking with the designers and the question I cant answer is "Which maps have they tried and how many rounds etc etc...?"
    People are not going to play something they don't like the sound of

Most people are very positive to the Infantry-Orientated Proposal of simply removing all armour, jets, attack helicopters and artillery and replacing them with heavy transports, light transports, transport helicopters and transport ribs. No other changes are needed or wanted

The DICE proposal for IO has failed
    The community proposal for IO will succeed
    there shouldn't even be any doubt about implementing the Vehicle-lite option at this stage
    What you should be finding out instead is whether people want it ranked or not - probably something you should start by having a poll in a new thread

Leave a comment:

• frazzman
    Guest replied

How about commenting on how allowing 'infantry only' to be ranked will simply lead to further splitting of already split community.

Leaving infantry only as unranked will place the freedom of balance and decisions in the hands of server admins and will allow the dev team to relax on having to find that perfect set of settings.

The community is NOT going to agree on this one.

Leave BF2 as a BATTLEFIELD game by keeping Infantry Only as unranked.
    your word is NOT the full community view.. i for one would like to see it ranked and so would MANY others

Originally posted by DrJambo
    CKMC, the Vehicle-Lite option proposed is the best way forward. Large maps are just not any good when there's no transport whatsoever. Leave everything else (damage, sprint, etc) as it was and include/leave the light vehicles and we have a winner.
    This seems to be looking like the best option.

Why are some ppl so set against this mode? i mean itll be a choice.., like if you play AF/EF/SF..., its a choice. Its not like your going to be FORCED to play these servers.
    The community is already split with the expansions.., but STILL they ALL play bf2 sometime? yes we all keep coming back to it its NOT going to phase bf2 vanilla out all together for god sake!

IMHO i think its great they have offered us this.

Leave a comment:

• DrJambo
    replied

CKMC, the Vehicle-Lite option proposed is the best way forward. Large maps are just not any good when there's no transport whatsoever. Leave everything else (damage, sprint, etc) as it was and include/leave the light vehicles and we have a winner.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

How about commenting on how allowing 'infantry only' to be ranked will simply lead to further splitting of already split community.

Leaving infantry only as unranked will place the freedom of balance and decisions in the hands of server admins and will allow the dev team to relax on having to find that perfect set of settings.

The community is NOT going to agree on this one.

Leave BF2 as a BATTLEFIELD game by keeping Infantry Only as unranked.

Leave a comment:

• Online1-0
    Guest replied

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    how are people still against this plan?
    it makes sense and it will please everyone not just a small minority
    Compromise and realise that saying no to this vehicle lite proposal is being completely selfish - either by wanting no vehicles at all or saying no to IO completely
    How about calling it "Infantry & Transport Only" option, or "ITO" for short. And APCs are not classified as "transport" because they are mostly used as support armor in games. That would eliminate arty, fixed wing assets, attack helicopters and armor. Or just call it a "no-whoring" server for short.

Leave a comment:

• [DICE]CKMC
    Guest replied

Hey guys,
    I find I am a bit vague on how much of this discussion is based off play experience on different maps using the new option and how much of it is based on speculation.

I am speaking with the designers and the question I cant answer is "Which maps have they tried and how many rounds etc etc...?"

Leave a comment:

• Shepherd007
    Guest replied

This game is called Battlefield 2

Not Infantryfield 2
    Not Counterstrike
    Not Halo

I bought BF2 because I loved BF1942. Planes, tanks, jeeps, helicopters, infantry. I've had no problems with vehicles on maps, that's why I bought the game. I've had great infantry battles, tank battles, dogfights, etc. I've also destroyed my fair share of tanks and aircraft with AT, C4, TOW, and AA as infantry. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE IN THERE!

Please do not change the damage stats with the weapons, increase the GL damage radius, and leave vehicles on all maps.

NO TO INFANTRY ONLY!!!

Thank you DICE for making a wonderful game to date (although the vehicle drop in 1.3 was a poor implementation). Please do not change the identity of this game and the characteristics that have made it great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X