• Show
Clear All

Re: ha fast pc= a big *** plus for you

Originally posted by xplosive
    I obv have worded this wrong its a 3200+ amd 64 but running at 2.02ghz lol
    oh lol thats what i thought

Comment

I probably need to upgrade too. I have to restart my computer and not open any programs if i want it to run smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by xplosive
        I obv have worded this wrong its a 3200+ amd 64 but running at 2.02ghz lol
        Still, that's a decent CPU. It's roughly equivalent to a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4.

Comment

Re: ha fast pc = a big plus for you

When the amd cpu's come down in price it will be on my list to upgrade...I have 3 gig of ram, 7800gt gpu and a athlon 3200 oc'd to 2.21 ghz....I'm usually 2nd or 3rd to spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
            When the amd cpu's come down in price it will be on my list to upgrade...I have 3 gig of ram, 7800gt gpu and a athlon 3200 oc'd to 2.21 ghz....I'm usually 2nd or 3rd to spawn.
            As much as I love AMD,

I hate to say it, but Intel is the way to go right now. Even with AMD's 50% price cut, the Intel Conroes still are cheaper and better performing than AMD's lineup.

For now, Intel is the winner.... or atleast it sure does seem that way,

Comment

But even with the price cut, the best bang for the buck will be amd...it's a lot of preference much like ati vs nvidia .

Comment

How much do you have now?

Comment

it usually takes less than 5 seconds for me to get in game when i start loading. my load screen goes from 0 then 13 then 100% in about 1.5 seconds. then another 3 to verify. the biggest MOST important part WAY above ram is your harddrive speed. it used to take upwards of 2 minutes for me to start. so i went from 1 gig ddr400 with a 9550. to 2 gigs ddr2 667 dual channel and an X1900 with a new asus p5ld2 delux, the only thing i didnt replace was the harddrive. it was a 7200rpm maxtor IDE 100 8m cache. i still took about 1.5 minutes but my loading was quicker. verify was still slow as hell. the minute i replaced my hard drive was when the difference happened. 7200rpm 16M cache sata2 300.

i start the map before the slow part of the bf2 song even happens now which is about 5 secs into loading. i can grab the F35 fly to the airfield cap the flag then grab the heli before the first person has loaded in most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS
                    it usually takes less than 5 seconds for me to get in game when i start loading. my load screen goes from 0 then 13 then 100% in about 1.5 seconds. then another 3 to verify. the biggest MOST important part WAY above ram is your harddrive speed. it used to take upwards of 2 minutes for me to start. so i went from 1 gig ddr400 with a 9550. to 2 gigs ddr2 667 dual channel and an X1900 with a new asus p5ld2 delux, the only thing i didnt replace was the harddrive. it was a 7200rpm maxtor IDE 100 8m cache. i still took about 1.5 minutes but my loading was quicker. verify was still slow as hell. the minute i replaced my hard drive was when the difference happened. 7200rpm 16M cache sata2 300.

i start the map before the slow part of the bf2 song even happens now which is about 5 secs into loading. i can grab the F35 fly to the airfield cap the flag then grab the heli before the first person has loaded in most of the time.
                    I have two of these
                    Buy Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

1gig of ram.
                    256mb Nvidia Ge Force 6800
                    3.4 ghz P4 with H/T Technology

and its still taking me about 2 minutes to load up.
                    Hard drives are at Raid 0 configuration.

I think i need more memory.

Comment

oh yea I have a seagate 7200 rpm not sure about cache but Im planing to upgrade to something faster\more quiet and I need more room

Originally posted by SyDuS

do you have a link to that HDD or something better, Im ready to spend $200-$250 but I want a good\fast\quiet HDD, about 150gb would be enough

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                        oh man upgrading to 2 gigs made the game run so smooth

its getting laggy on me again lately, I have to clean up my pc probably coz I used to get about 90 fps but now Im getting 25-50 fps

but as i said operation clean sweep map was lagging so bad with one gig but when I upgraded it was so smooth, I was suprised lol

Cut the loading times even more by getting a hard drive that spins 10k or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                          oh yea i got

amd 4000+ 2.4ghz
                          2 gigs corsair
                          7800gtx 256mb

and Im waiting for nvidia g80 to come out, I play all on max and i do get lag coz my pc is full of god knows what, Im sure its gonna run smoother when i reformat the HDD
                          True, it will run faster. Try this CCleaner and it should clear out most of your "crap"

Comment

BF2 uses an average of 1.3gb of physical ram. This is why guys with 1gb get pauses at the start of the first round. Their system is paging 300mb+ back and forth to till till windows figures out what is mostly required.

You can check for yourself by checking the Task manager Performance tab. You'll see available ram drop to zero, guys with 2gb won't see that (unless they're running a few other things).

Comment

Yea I really need to get to 2GB and a Raptor Hard drive. Definitely before 2142 comes out. Gonna whore the Walkers and Gunships!

Comment

I've only got 768 mb of ram but it loads up faster then my freind who has a pretty good system. He has 1 gig of DDR2, P4 3.0 and a x600. All I have is a P4 2.4, 768 PC1066 (runs at 1066 mhz) and a 6600GT. Maybe in a few days I'll have 1.5 gigs and be able to run the game to the point of where it looks and plays good.

Comment

Working...
                                X