Getting kicked for flying chopper solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting kicked for flying chopper solo

Again, I keep hearing this 'everyone has the right to have fun, it's just a game' argument, and it's completely RIDICULOUS.

Where, in the grand scheme of things did good players lose THEIR right to have fun? When you have spent 1000 hours practicing, and trying to become better than everyone else, you will inevitably prefer to play the game at a higher skill level, as opposed to playing with people who haven't the slightest clue what they're doing.

Why should we, as skilled players, have to CATER to noobs just so THEY can have fun? I paid money for this game just like everyone else, and I think I deserve to play it in a way that lets me enjoy myself. And guess what, I get ZERO enjoyment out of flying with a complete @sshat who has no idea wtf he's doing. It's extremely frustrating, and honestly if you could watch me at my desk while it was happening you would think that I was about to murder someone and smash my computer against the wall. Sound fun to you?

Everyone was a noob once, and I understand this. But guess what, when I first started playing, I did not touch Helos or Jets in crowded servers EVER, unless they were just sitting there not being used. You know why? Because I fully realized that I sucked major @ss, and I didn't want to RUIN anybody else's experience. I practiced my flying in empty servers for countless hours before I ever used a jet in public. I experimented with the attack choppers in single player by parking it on a high point and firing the TV missile all over the place trying to figure out how it works.

The problem with this forum is that you are all so hell bent on making the game enjoyable for noobs, and you completely disregard the rights of skilled players; how is that fair? If you suck at the game, then you should acknowledge the fact that good players don't enjoy being hindered by your suckyness, and if you want to play with them, you should ASK them first to teach you some stuff.

If noobs would have the decency to ask me, "Hey man mind if I fly with you? I'm not very good but maybe you could help me." I would be more than happy to help them out. Unfortunately, they are all too retarded to even type a coherent sentence it seems, so there's a fat chance of that ever happening.

Thank GOD I have finally found a server that promotes skilled gameplay. I will never play on another server as long as this one is still around. If any of you are looking for a server where the admins won't kick you for lame bs check these out. We ENCOURAGE things like solo gunning and spawn raping. And if any of you whiners want to see what it's like to get owned by me, by all means hop on.

9 rounds Karkand ONLY - v1.21
    IP: 64.34.217.102:16567

9 rounds Gulf Of Oman ONLY - v1.21 - Teamrip.net
    IP: 64.34.214.8:16567

Comment

The downside of beeing a very good chopper pilot, is that even new people will want a piece of the action as gunner...
      Face it, we all want that gold medal...
      (Though for me a gold medal means that I didn't spend so much time respawning more then anything)

Before patch 1.2, this was all fine and I would fly even a below average gunner to the top of the list, taking silver myself...

But now, since patch 1.2, gunners need to be able to take out AA and linebackers instantly and the moment the pilot lines them up or the chopper is down... There is no more room for error...

Gunners should have the curtousy to go do something else when they can't...

For some reason, people always want to gun for me, while leaving the crappy other pilot (like on daliant with two choppers) fly alone...
      Why is that..? Go help the pilot who is having a hard time..!
      You are just a burdon to me...

I paid 40 euro for this game...
      Having a gunner is just too frustrating...

I will always try to fly solo...

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
        Gunners should have the courtesy to go do something else when they can't...
        Exactly. But around here, only WE are expected to be courteous, while noobs have free reign to do whatever they want.

Comment

Lol, not having a gunner assumes you are not a team player? Being a team player is not about sharing vehicles, its about coming together to beat the other side. Sometimes that takes a pilot and a gunner and sometimes it doesn't. If you have an expert pilot then he or she can do there job while you have an extra person to cap a flag. That seems like a good tradeoff to me.

I'm not saying that type of person should whore the helicopter, but if they are effective with it let them use it (yes, everyone should share and have some time with the heli). Personally, I can't fly to save my life, but I am a decent gunner. If someone can fly better and gun better than me then they need to be in the heli doing there job. I need to be on the ground taking care of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by WhardieJones
            If I'm making kills every 30 seconds, for like 10 minutes == 25-30 kills then why should i get kicked because some noobs want to gun?

They see my name light up the scoreboard and they say "WTF is he doing with our chopper?" answer: "Getting kills moron!" What is wrong with these people?
            u deserve to get kicked....there is a thing called T E A M W O R K!
            Semper "I" does not cut it in the battlefield.
            u are the moron that ends up causing the team lose in the round.

if you do not like constructive critisim, then you go host your own server and make your rules...

Comment

Jay,

If a good pilot and noob gunner are getting killed because of the gunner consantly, how is that helping the team? That is taking tickets away from you and the heli is not supporting its troops like it should.

If a good pilot can do both, that gives you an extra person somewhere else to help out. It also helps you because you are losing less tickes and that pilot is inflicting pain on the other team and make THEM lose tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by SyN_Nasty
                Jay,

If a good pilot and noob gunner are getting killed because of the gunner consantly, how is that helping the team? That is taking tickets away from you and the heli is not supporting its troops like it should.

If a good pilot can do both, that gives you an extra person somewhere else to help out. It also helps you because you are losing less tickes and that pilot is inflicting pain on the other team and make THEM lose tickets.
                If a good pilot and noob gunner are constantly getting killed.....maybe the good pilot is in fact a noob pilot????

as far as i am concerned, the performance of a pilot is not depandant on the gunner. kudos to a solo good pilot...but a good pilot plus any gunner just adds to teamwork.

Comment

1. we all payed for the game
                  2. not everone spends 1000 hours in a empty server,we have jobs/kids/life's
                  3.being a super skilled player that needs the chopper for themselves go join a clan and use youre tactic againt another clan that also has a 1000 hours empty server l33t solo choper whore on there team.

would you cry the same if you were geting owned by a felow solo skilled l33t (better than everone else)player from the other clan???? if not then dont complain about other ppl's skills.

as you are super l337 and noob proff you super skill should get you through the round.

4.public server = 64 player server with 1 heli per team ,32 players including you that all payed for the game.
                  but mr L337 super skilled noob proof solo's pilot dosent give a rats ass about the other 31 players on his team.

5.the favourite reason a solo like to solo= when in the gunner seat AA wont lock but when they flying with a "noob gunner" they are vunrable just like the rest of us. haha nooberd

6.i do it for the team i took a tank out, pub player says "wicked now no more tanks for the rest of the round L337 super skilled noob proof solo's pilot blew the tank up. opps is will respawn again i forgot its a game isnt it oh well maybe some AT guy will get the next one or a eng mine,we dont need to depend on L337 super skilled noob proof solo pilot for that after all we have 1 extra player on the ground thanks to L337 super skilled noob proof solo pilot. what a guy"

so the moral of the story is all becuase you think youre skilled and you payed for the game and you spent 1000 hours in a empty server,

dosen't mean you have the right to fly solo all the blomin time.
                  it acctually means you have to mutch spare time and decided to waste it on flying in a empty server = which was you decision

maybe ea should make a new ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by jayhigh
                    If a good pilot and noob gunner are constantly getting killed.....maybe the good pilot is in fact a noob pilot????

as far as i am concerned, the performance of a pilot is not depandant on the gunner. kudos to a solo good pilot...but a good pilot plus any gunner just adds to teamwork.
                    Spoken like a true noob.

Tell me something Mr. Teamwork..... if you're on Gulf of Oman, and you're in the Cobra. You take a look at the mini-map and notice that the MEC team has captured all 8 flags. How do you suppose you're going to fly the cobra anywhere NEAR that beach without dying, if your noob gunner is too f'ing blind and stupid to even realize what's targeting us, let alone know what to do about it? Tell me what on earth you expect the PILOT to do in this situation?

The truth is, even the best pilot on the planet will die repeatedly under those circumstances if his gunner doesn't know what he's doing.

LOL blade that ribbon is actually pretty damn funny :laugh:

p.s. I don't have anywhere near 1000 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by inf4my

i hope you aint got the 100 out of bounds t/k's

paint ya got to love it

Comment

Spoken like a true noob.

Tell me something Mr. Teamwork..... if you're on Gulf of Oman, and you're in the Cobra. You take a look at the mini-map and notice that the MEC team has captured all 8 flags. How do you suppose you're going to fly the cobra anywhere NEAR that beach without dying, if your noob gunner is too f'ing blind and stupid to even realize what's targeting us, let alone know what to do about it? Tell me what on earth you expect the PILOT to do in this situation?

The truth is, even the best pilot on the planet will die repeatedly under those circumstances if his gunner doesn't know what he's doing.

in this scenario, the leet pilot would move on and fly with the noob gunner. if the pilot was leet, he wouldnt depend on the noob gunner, but it at least allows the pilossiblity (keyword possiblity) that the noob gunner can hop out to cap a flag, or maybe just kill one or two enemies in his time with the leet pilot..INSTEAD of the leet pilot making it or breaking it to cap flags or kills alone....again..TEAM WORK.. albiet a noob gunner..your team is as strong as the weakest link.

all i am saying is dont let a position go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by jayhigh
                          your team is as strong as the weakest link.
                          That weakest link is usually... yep, you guest it...

Comment

It's extremely frustrating, and honestly if you could watch me at my desk while it was happening you would think that I was about to murder someone and smash my computer against the wall. Sound fun to you?

Sheesh if you are that frustrated over a video game perhaps you should put it up for awhile. I'ld hate to see when things dont go your way in real life.

Comment

now if it was this on the battlefield i would whore and t/k for it and wouldnt help the team i take it out on the desert flats and ramp the feck out of it for the whole round

i would also cry if you used it ,i would get a l337 solo chopper to hunt you down and kill you so i could have it back for the rest of the round

p.s the following coment is off topic but thats got to be the greatest looking /sounding car ever made

Comment

Originally posted by saltburn
                                I don't give a **** about the team. I don't give a **** about the points. But if I can fly/gun solo better than anyone else in the server (which I can) why shouldn't I? Get your ass on the ground where you belong if you don't have skill. Let the pros back you up.

I LOVE hovering out of bounds killing you people.

If you are that great solo, having to deal with locating, tracking and firing and avoiding aircraft, imagine how good you would be good you had a good pilot and all you had to do was play with your camera.

Oh, but you probably weren't thinking like a T E A M. Only what was the most fun for you.

If you are that ****hot of a camera operator when you get in the helo.....get in the front seat and tell the pilot "I am a ****hot camera operator" LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X