Getting kicked for flying chopper solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting kicked for flying chopper solo

I can understand the frustrastions of the experienced pilots being blown out of the sky because the guy in the gunners seat hasn't got a clue.

I was lucky enough to find a good helo pilot who not only (shock horror) allowed me (a n00b after his Basic Helicopter badge) into his cockpit as a gunner, but also invited me into his team and gave me VOIP instructions and tips...

I had no idea about how or when to fire TVGM's or how ineffective the M/C gun was against ground armour or that firing against other helo's before the pilot was in position would give them prior warning of an attack...

What REALLY annoys me is pilots who wont even take off with someone else in the gunners seat... A$$holes...

Comment

Originally posted by Palerider
      I can understand the frustrastions of the experienced pilots being blown out of the sky because the guy in the gunners seat hasn't got a clue.

I was lucky enough to find a good helo pilot who not only (shock horror) allowed me (a n00b after his Basic Helicopter badge) into his cockpit as a gunner, but also invited me into his team and gave me VOIP instructions and tips...

I had no idea about how or when to fire TVGM's or how ineffective the M/C gun was against ground armour or that firing against other helo's before the pilot was in position would give them prior warning of an attack...

What REALLY annoys me is pilots who wont even take off with someone else in the gunners seat... A$$holes...
      yea cause sometimes its better for an experienced pilot to solo rather than fly a noob who is just gonna help feed the other team kills. and that pilot guy u found must have some patience cause if that was me flying you either can tv guide or you cant. if you cant ill either land the chopper and let someone else fly cause im not flying no noob(thats when im in a good mood). when im in a different mood, ill go ahead and take you out of bounds and help the team out by using the chopper to a better potential.

Originally posted by =DarkJediKnight=
      I have no problem with Solo Gunner flying. It take some good practice and skill to do. I will agree that everyone started as a noob and had to learn how to use the TVGM. The only time I ever solo is if there is nobody around my chopper at the time.

For instance in Kubra Dam. Ill spawn at the MEC airfield to grab the chopper and there is nobody around, then Ill solo. However, if there is someone there I will NEVER sit there saying "GET OUT GET OUT" or hover out of bounds to kill them. I have had that tactic used on me once before by some noob who though he could fly and ended up hittign trees 30 seconds after take off. They need to be banned from the game or worse. But I never think of myself being selfish in any way for I give people plenty of opportunity to hop in and gun. I have turned many a noob into a decent gunner by using a "properly set-up" voip. They didnt know they could adjust the missle in flight so I had to do an on-sight training session right on the spot.

I'm sure there are plenty of solo'ers out there who think nothing but themselves and wanna rack up kills. Sure I love getting all the kills soloing, but if I see that my team needs me somewhere on the battlefield that requires I stop soloing I will go to their aid. If Im soloing and I hear somebody saying "Gimme a ride!", Ill hover down and pick them up. I hope this post encouraged selfish solo whores to become teammate solo'ers!

P.S.: I ONLY solo if there is NOBODY around!
      it may be wrong to solo with people around but in reality, if the opposing team has a chopper dual or someone who can tv guide well and your teammate is a noob and cant tv for sh it, then you'll only be feeding the other team kills which in turn, you lose tickets. the only exception is mec cause you can have your little noob gunner fire the cannon which tears things up.

Comment

Originally posted by -iLL*NaYmL3sS
        that pilot guy u found must have some patience cause if that was me flying you either can tv guide or you cant. if you cant ill either land the chopper and let someone else fly cause im not flying no noob(thats when im in a good mood). when im in a different mood, ill go ahead and take you out of bounds and help the team out by using the chopper to a better potential.
        He had great patience... And when we got blown out of the sky... HE LET ME BACK IN!
        Now? I'd consider myself an above average gunner (yeah right) but would never have got there without his help.

If you want to fly solo and show off your well practiced and hard earned skills (that's not sarcasm, I know how difficult it is to fly), why are you in a pub server?

Comment

he was injoying himself "whoring" on a pub, I know, Pathetic somehow.

Although if you had put as much practice as he had maybe you would be whoring

Comment

He had great patience... And when we got blown out of the sky... HE LET ME BACK IN!
            Now? I'd consider myself an above average gunner (yeah right) but would never have got there without his help.

If you want to fly solo and show off your well practiced and hard earned skills (that's not sarcasm, I know how difficult it is to fly), why are you in a pub server?
            im at work killing time dude. i have so much to do but its so boring and coming on these forums keeps me from falling asleep.

Comment

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...lol

Comment

and my point was that its better to fly alone if your good at both rather than with a noob. i dont know how it got off topic like this but...yea. and if anyone wants to prove me wrong i challenge them to fly with a noob against me solo. i'm gonna go ahead and stay on topic.
                ok we shall go back on topic.

it just seems to me that a solo pilot prefers it that way rather than having someone else in the seat.

they get more kills and have a better chance of avoiding a lock by switching.

what would you do personaly if ea implemented a 5-10 second gap between swithing seats,
                what would you do then?
                im guessing you would be happy with any gunner then.
                giving a unskilled gunner one run in the seat with unrealistic ideas on how they should be doing it is unfair at least give them a few goes to get the hang of it.

of course it better if you can do both but not for the other players on the server it isnt.

im sure most ppl would rather lose 1 meaningless round in place of a whole round gunning with a skilled pilot.

most ppl dont care if they win or lose.i personaly prefer to join a losing team and try and help them that way.

its like teaching kids to ride a bike,example 4 kids and 1 bike each takes it in turns 1 of them will learn faster than the other 3,would it be fair to tell the other 3 that they cant learn anymore becuse kid 1 is better than the rest.

you get what im saying

i just dont like the way solo's think just beacuse they got good 1st means they can put everyone down beacuse of there skill/awarness of gunning.

remeber if the team loses "so fecking what " its only 1 you lost not the end of the world

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                  ok we shall go back on topic.

it just seems to me that a solo pilot prefers it that way rather than having someone else in the seat.

they get more kills and have a better chance of avoiding a lock by switching.

what would you do personaly if ea implemented a 5-10 second gap between swithing seats,
                  what would you do then?
                  im guessing you would be happy with any gunner then.
                  giving a unskilled gunner one run in the seat with unrealistic ideas on how they should be doing it is unfair at least give them a few goes to get the hang of it.

of course it better if you can do both but not for the other players on the server it isnt.

im sure most ppl would rather lose 1 meaningless round in place of a whole round gunning with a skilled pilot.

most ppl dont care if they win or lose.i personaly prefer to join a losing team and try and help them that way.

its like teaching kids to ride a bike,example 4 kids and 1 bike each takes it in turns 1 of them will learn faster than the other 3,would it be fair to tell the other 3 that they cant learn anymore becuse kid 1 is better than the rest.

you get what im saying

i just dont like the way solo's think just beacuse they got good 1st means they can put everyone down beacuse of there skill/awarness of gunning.

remeber if the team loses "so fecking what " its only 1 you lost not the end of the world
                  well your dead wrong about solo pilots...especially me in particular. if a gunner gets in a gunner seat with me and i see hes good, ill invite him to my squad and id be more than glad to fly him. but if i see its some noob, then thats when i get rid of him and tell him to get out cause hes wasting a vital part of the chopper needed to stay alive especially now more than ever with the aa's being so damn accurate. and 1 loss...right. well the object of the game for me is to not only have fun but win. so a loss is dissapointing sometimes especially when u know you could have done something about it when theres noobs wasting the choppers or jets.

Comment

if i see its some noob, then thats when i get rid of him and tell him to get out cause hes wasting a vital part of the chopper needed to stay alive especially now more than ever with the aa's being so damn accurate. and 1 loss...right. well the object of the game is to not only have fun but win.
                    And by extension couldn't that argument be applied to all of us ground pounders?

"Hey, that medic isn't revivng anyone!"

"That support player isn't dishing out ammo!"

"Look at that 'Special Forces' player, he hasn't taken out the enemy UAV!"

"That Sniper couldn't hit a lake if he was at the bottom of it!"

That Engy hasn't repaired my sattelite tv dish! I stiil can't pick up free pr0n!"

So what do we do? Ban ALL the n00bs?

Comment

• Re: Getting kicked for flying chopper solo

my opinion...you are wasting a team asset by only using half of it's capability and should be kicked...

Comment

And by extension couldn't that argument be applied to all of us ground pounders?

"Hey, that medic isn't revivng anyone!"

"That support player isn't dishing out ammo!"

"Look at that 'Special Forces' player, he hasn't taken out the enemy UAV!"

"That Sniper couldn't hit a lake if he was at the bottom of it!"

That Engy hasn't repaired my sattelite tv dish! I stiil can't pick up free pr0n!"

So what do we do? Ban ALL the n00bs?
                        dude groundpounding and choppers are two whole differeint things, how the hell can you compare the both?its like comparing a penis to a vagina

Comment

Originally posted by WhardieJones
                          If I'm making kills every 30 seconds, for like 10 minutes == 25-30 kills then why should i get kicked because some noobs want to gun?

They see my name light up the scoreboard and they say "WTF is he doing with our chopper?" answer: "Getting kills moron!" What is wrong with these people?
                          If you were hoping for support for your behavior, you are in wrong forum. One as$hole like yourself took me at the border of the map so I can die for leaving the combat area, after I refused his orders to jump out from the cobra. I guess he wanted to fly solo also.

Comment

It's true for the most part that two people in the chopper are better than one. However I have to say sometimes I fly solo (if no one hops in) and I find that I can last far longer. This is probably in part that is that when I'm flying solo I am not focused on lining shots for my gunner which often entails us being less evasive/more vulernable positions than I would be flying alone. So If I notice that my gunner is more content in holding his **** than shooting, I will aim toward a manner in which allows me to stay alive as with little regard to providing my gunner with easy shots simply because he does not take advantage of them.

Comment

2 people in a vehicle is always better than 1

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                                we warn single attack pilots to get a gunner
                                does not matter how good they are
                                this is a team sport
                                we even let noobs fly
                                however - if they crash or are worthless
                                we warn them to go home and practice
                                Noob pilots are wothless, but yet you welcome noob gunners..?
                                Eventhough perhaps the solo pilot is owning, he has to take this gunner..?

hmmmm.....

you obviously are not a pilot...
                                (or you chopper with a joystick)

Comment

Working...
                                X