BF2142 Comes to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMcLeod
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they make money from ranked servers? And in game advertising?
    Placing an ad in 2142 would be somewhat like having a national ad campaign consisting of a single A4 poster in a bus shelter in Grimsby.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
      Everybody keeps telling me about this 'outside' thing. What is it, exactly? I've googled it and it just gives me pictures of trees and stuff. Is it a mod for Oblivion?

~Wolfgang
      Nah, it IS Oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n View Post
        Why am I not surprised by the news. I agree with you completely P§I. The lack of interest on their part is what has caused them to fail with BF2 and 2142. How in the hell do they expect their sales to be higher if there is an obvious lack of content. The 360 version will not do great because of their track record. Rightly so, people are angry and they have many reasons to be.

Insistance on selling the crappy little booster packs for BF2 should have been the lesson learned. Apparently they made the same mistake twice. If they would have steadily produced quality content and packaged it in a way that would make every gamer say, "You know, I gotta go buy that 7 map, pack for $**.99". Also, sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. Throw us a free map once in a while instead of trying to squeeze every last penny out of the customers and the product itself. Make money, feed their family, earn a living of course the devs need to make a living. I'm not saying all their work should be free, but come on, take a course on customer service at least!
        Amen..

Comment

BF2142 gets boring quick IMO, it might have all these futuristic gadgets and stuff but it gets boring.

And the maps are so depressing it makes you wanna go emo.

BF2 is so much funner, that it why so many people are play BF2 rather than BF2142.

I should not have spent $50 on BF2142 + NS.

Comment

crysis is just around the corner soooo
            less then two month and its here

Comment

Anybody expecting an announcement on the release of ET: Quake Wars?
              Is it just by accident that first strike is released on the same day as QW?

Lol, Coincidence?

Comment

Well after finally getting my hands on ET:QW i can confidently say it wont sway me away from 2142 anytime soon, I gave it the ol' college try (several hours on LAN) and I am just not excited about it, I do look forward to FFOW, Crysis and COD4, Although FFOW feels like what QW should have been...but just my humble opinion

Comment

Agreed, I have a feeling lots of people are going to be disatisfied by ET:QW.

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke View Post
                    Agreed, I have a feeling lots of people are going to be disatisfied by ET:QW.
                    Yeah, even though offtopic i really didnt care for it. I know its only the demo, but its kind of lame. I like the objective base style, but i like having voip and squad play better.

Comment

Well, lemme tell you all. It's all about Team Fortress 2 as of now! Look, I've completed every achievement as well!...

No information given. Soldiers of Chaos All Around Gaming

Comment

IS TF2, A graphic heavy game? Or does it play off the same engine as CSS and stuff, cause I dont really like graphic heavy games and TF2 seems liek a CSS type of game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Well, lemme tell you all. It's all about Team Fortress 2 as of now! Look, I've completed every achievement as well!...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TimS/stats/TF2
                          I see someone's been having some marathon game sessions.

Nice job though, how'd you get the friends award? With a clan?

Comment

Originally posted by D34D1Y
                            IS TF2, A graphic heavy game? Or does it play off the same engine as CSS and stuff, cause I dont really like graphic heavy games and TF2 seems liek a CSS type of game.
                            If you can run CSS you can run TF2

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                            I see someone's been having some marathon game sessions.

Nice job though, how'd you get the friends award? With a clan?
                            Man, that 7 friends one was tough. Alot of my friends from this one gaming community just happened to be on all at the same time so it was possible.

Oh, and the hours it shows isn't completely true. I have been afk while sleeping. I leave my guy in the server to seed it and help it get populated.

Comment

Can you still get into the Beta for TF now or is it closed? I know you had to pre-order Orange Box but can you still get into the Beta now?

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can still get into the beta if you preorder now.

If you can run HL2 or CSS, you can run TF2.

TF2 is the reason why I haven't played BF2142 for a very long time now.

I'm half way there on those achievements.

Also, 1000th POST.

Comment

Working...
                                X