X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byebye BF2142

It was fun

Comment

I might get it......is the nailgun still **** like it was in TF classic?

That was my only gripe on the game, other then the Gattling gun, the only good gun (that shoots something close to bullets) was the shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
        I might get it......is the nailgun still **** like it was in TF classic?

That was my only gripe on the game, other then the Gattling gun, the only good gun (that shoots something close to bullets) was the shotgun.
        AFAIK (I dont have the beta) it was removed. Medics have their super nailgun, albeit in a different, cooler form. Nades were removed also.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
          AFAIK (I dont have the beta) it was removed. Medics have their super nailgun, albeit in a different, cooler form. Nades were removed also.
          Well that's good at least. How about the engi "railgun"? That thing looked like crap too.....

I guess what I'm trying to say is, are the weapons more fun to use compared to TFC?

Comment

Well that's good at least. How about the engi "railgun"? That thing looked like crap too.....

I guess what I'm trying to say is, are the weapons more fun to use compared to TFC?
            It is a regular pistol I think, and I am sure it still sucks.

The game got streamlined over all though. Each class now has less weapons, but each fill a niche. Forced teamwork, if you will. Personally, I like it, and cant wait to get my hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
              It is a regular pistol I think, and I am sure it still sucks.

The game got streamlined over all though. Each class now has less weapons, but each fill a niche. Forced teamwork, if you will. Personally, I like it, and cant wait to get my hands on it.
              So the Pyro is actually useful now?

Thanks for the info BTW.

Comment

So the Pyro is actually useful now?

Thanks for the info BTW.
                Funny you say that, many people say the Pyro is the only class that is still hard to play. I am sure it is better than its TFC counterpart.

But yeah, I have been looking forward to this game forever now, and have been keeping up with all the info I can scrounge up. Check out Youtube, tons of videos for individual classes as well as general combat.

The new 2Fort and Dustbowl look so awesome

Comment

In my opinion it is one the most balanced games I have ever played. No weapon is THE most powerful.

Take the Engineer. He can build Sentry Guns with rockets too boot. But then will go down so easily to a sniper or a rocket or 2. The Heavy Weapons guy is taken down by the spy, who is taken down by all who can see him... (Complete Invisabily Rules!)

Oh and the engineer has a shotgun. The spy has a Knife and Pistol. The Pyro is the same old, as is the Demo Man who now has sticky granades. Soldier has the rocket launcher and the sniper still has the incredibly powerful 1 shot, 1 kill rifle (pretty much)

Comment

Actually, the Sniper Rifle in TF2 works best when scoped because it has to charge up before fireing, and can only stay charged while scoped. This is used to balance it and keep it from being some wonder weapon.

My, this has become rather off-topic. This should probably be discussed in the TF2 topic in the Other games section.

Comment

• Well, honestly I'm not surprised. Since day one people said this is more of a "mod" then a new game. This game never did and never will have the "wow" factor like BF2 did. I hope they stick with Bad Company just for Xbox 360. Make something completely BRAND new for the PC. I will buy Bad Company for my Xbox but for the PC it will be more of a BF2 remake with destructible environments.

Yes, this game did have the balance like no other BF game but it took the cost of variety. Everyone here can't avoid the fact that this game gets pretty dull with the same vehicles, weapons (guns), and maps (color and detail)

Simply said, the game is fun at first but it gets boring unbelievably quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidyr
                        Funny you say that, many people say the Pyro is the only class that is still hard to play. I am sure it is better than its TFC counterpart.
                        It wasn't so much hard to use, just anything a pyro could do, another class could do better, so there was no point playing it.

Originally posted by Divine
                        Make something completely BRAND new for the PC. I will buy Bad Company for my Xbox but for the PC it will be more of a BF2 remake with destructible environments.
                        Hm.....I just had an idea....

Everyone says "Oh 2142 had so much potential yada yada".......so......

Battlefield 2412........

I believe in second chances.......:nod:

Comment

• OMG, First Strike is comin out for 2142 on the 28th of this month! I expect to see you all in servers!

Comment

• The game had a decent run. Most normal people don't play the same game for years. It's natural for you to get bored playing the same gave for over a year. Plus you have the keyboard warriors who critique everything and post up posts from unknown websites that post their own opinions.

Comment

• Revolutionary

IMO BF2 and 2142 are revolutionary games. They offer the classic fast-paced FPS style of play present in FPS' of olde, as well as the strategic element of an RTS. Mixed with the sand-box style of play, and teamwork, BF2+2142 make a phenomenal series.

It would be a terrible shame if DICE and EA were to pretty much leave this game hanging with bugs, glitches, imbalance and so on. I believe that BF2 and 2142 have the potential to sit with the long-lasting LAN tournament games, such as Quake, Starcraft, Guild Wars, UT, Counter Strike and so on.

BF2+2142 are the types of games that really shine when played by experienced, competitive, professional gamers because the amount of teamwork, skill and strategy required to win is greater than other types of games.

I'm glad DICE is working hard on 1.4. I'm under the impression that they care, want to nail every single bug on the head and make sure everything is perfect. Future bugs/imbalances are highly likely so I hope they continue this patching trend.

Comment

• I'm so glad there are better games coming out, I finally uinstalled this rubbish. Been playing some TF2 until COD4/crysis comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X