No announcement yet.

BF2142 Comes to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As ever, I wouldn't recommend giving any credence to rumours like this. There are no plans for another 2142 expansion or booster at this time, though 1.4 will include the final version of Highway Tampa 2142 for everyone to play. Nor are there any plans for a PC version of Bad Company, it's been designed from the ground up as a console title first and foremost.

As for the 2142 1.4 update, we realise it's taken longer than would be ideal, however there were a number of difficult crash fixes that we wanted to address. We're currently looking to do a second, but much shorter, 1.4 beta before release.

Comment

A freaking update at last!

Comment

You guys better get your stuff together. I would say you're going to lose half or more of your player base by this christmas, what with other games that are coming out, if you don't.

Comment

how about just releasing the bf2142 editor so mods team can create more content instead of a 1.40 beta 2?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
            I hope so dude but with the upcoming release of great game such as ET:QW's, CoD4 will there be any need for new content to this game? Will it be feasible anymore?
            CoD4 seems seriously good, but after playing the demo for ET:QW, it felt more than a little flat to me. I can't quite put my finger on why, because I really like the multi-part objective style gameplay, but... something integral just wasn't clicking for me, so I'm taking a pass on it until it gets around the $20 range.

Comment

Sentience I am sure I speak for all of us when I say thanks for the update. I even converted from long time lurker to poster to say this! I have truly enjoyed rediscovering fps's with this game (I quit back when Q3 and UT were the games to play and was in a long time RTS game rut). Due to all the trouble with 1.4 beta I haven't installed it, however I will make sure to give 1.4 beta 2 a try and send in my feedback!

Thanks!

M

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                Well as noted earlier Sentience was patrolling these forums - so there has been no ditching going on

But thats all I can say since I no longer hold the office that allows me to discuss game plans in public venues....I get to be like Demize now and talk with you guys about how much I love the Voss, Clark and taking dog tags.

edit: I do find it interesting how these sorts of rumors pop up in september. Anyone remember last year?
                Wow, this thread both brought the DICE boys out of hiding and brought the Clark into the conversation. This thread delivers!

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
                  As for the 2142 1.4 update, we realise it's taken longer than would be ideal, however there were a number of difficult crash fixes that we wanted to address. We're currently looking to do a second, but much shorter, 1.4 beta before release.
                  An update at last :yay:

Please, please tell me that those bug fixes don't mean dropping the Clark buff.

EDIT: Is Tampa Highway going to be conquest only or Titan & Conquest?

Comment

Tampa is conquest-assault and Titan

Conquest-assault means you have to control the map before you can hit the home base.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                      Tampa is conquest-assault and Titan

Conquest-assault means you have to control the map before you can hit the home base.
                      DOUBLE Assault Lines if memory serves me correctly, right? Meaning that unlike in traditional A.L., the condition of 'must capture all CPs before the main base' is applied to both teams.

Edit: Good to see you again, CKMC. Looking forward to having you back with us. Let's trade tags sometime.

Comment

Conquest-assault should be applied to all maps. Keep the uncap bases on those that have them but freeze out EU bases on Gib, Suez, Berlin etc... until the enemy cap off all the other flags.

I'm not saying do away with conquest, just add a 3rd option of conquest assault to those maps that apply and let the server owners choose which one to run.

Should be an easy update to make to add another angle to existing maps that are some times over too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621 View Post
                          DOUBLE Assault Lines if memory serves me correctly, right? Meaning that unlike in traditional A.L., the condition of 'must capture all CPs before the main base' is applied to both teams.
                          Ahhh yes you are correct - my brain is mush tonight

Comment

Nice with some updates
                            Thanks for the info DICE guys

Comment

Wait, so if Tampa is a double assault lines game (forgive me, I never d/led the beta), can the PAC team get an AL pin for capping out the EU? Because IIRC the description for the AL pin is to 'Capture the PAC home base' or something along those lines. Or would the AL pin not apply to Tampa at all because it's not an NS map?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Not an NS map so it does not apply.

Comment

Working...
                                X