Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC View Post
    Not an NS map so it does not apply.
    Your brain must realy be turning to mush , because i got one a few mins ago from capping the EU out (winning as PAC) on highway tampa.

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification CKMC.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
        Yeah really, the BF series has went way down hill since BFV. They care more about money now then the support of their player base. The ranking system and booster packs is what has done this in my opinion.

It was nice to get map packs and patches released for the early BF games. I am surprise that don't charge to download patches now.

I hope their Xbox 360 version bombs, for dropping the loyal community that they still got/had.
        Why am I not surprised by the news. I agree with you completely P§I. The lack of interest on their part is what has caused them to fail with BF2 and 2142. How in the hell do they expect their sales to be higher if there is an obvious lack of content. The 360 version will not do great because of their track record. Rightly so, people are angry and they have many reasons to be.

Insistance on selling the crappy little booster packs for BF2 should have been the lesson learned. Apparently they made the same mistake twice. If they would have steadily produced quality content and packaged it in a way that would make every gamer say, "You know, I gotta go buy that 7 map, pack for $**.99". Also, sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. Throw us a free map once in a while instead of trying to squeeze every last penny out of the customers and the product itself. Make money, feed their family, earn a living of course the devs need to make a living. I'm not saying all their work should be free, but come on, take a course on customer service at least!

Comment

Finally some info about the 1.40...

The whole topic of this thread is bit mis-leading (IMO).

Since this game isn't gonna die or come to the end if we don't get any patches or boosters/expansions.

Best example is Bf2, there hasn't been any updates since 1.41 patch and it's still going.

:salute:

Comment

Thanks for the updates....

mean time i guess i will wait for the First Strike Mod to satisfy my JEDI cravings...

Comment

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
              As ever, I wouldn't recommend giving any credence to rumours like this. There are no plans for another 2142 expansion or booster at this time, though 1.4 will include the final version of Highway Tampa 2142 for everyone to play. Nor are there any plans for a PC version of Bad Company, it's been designed from the ground up as a console title first and foremost.

As for the 2142 1.4 update, we realise it's taken longer than would be ideal, however there were a number of difficult crash fixes that we wanted to address. We're currently looking to do a second, but much shorter, 1.4 beta before release.
              =P I think this is the point of fudzilla: leak outrageous rumors so that the companies in charge have no choice but to respond.

=[ The news still makes me sad., though, As much as other people seem to hate boosters and expansion packs, I feel like one map isn't going to extend the gameplay much for me. And I'm itching for some new content. Maybe just ONE more expansion pack chock full of content and executed better than the BF2 ones to restore some faith in expansions?

Comment

I'm sad and happy. Sad because I do see my favorite game of all time slipping away... I personally only play a fraction of the time I was playing a couple of months ago. More content was needed for us diehard daily players to stay interested.

Happy because we at least got some input from DICE.

It's Team Fortress 2 and Crysis beta 2 for me now with BF2142 only involved for A Solider's War and Conflict 2142 tourneys.

Here's hoping for Battlefield:Online where new content could be rolled out without the boosters/expansions. Here's hoping that DICE listens to us gamers who would rather spend our time playing their games than most other forms of entertainment.

:salute:

Comment

First off, I have to say thank you for the update from DICE! Its been a while since I heard anything. Secondly, do these games ever really die, even if the rumor is true. Good games will always have fans, I still find myself playing Quake 2/3 and if I'm not mistaken BF1942 and mods are still nice and active. Lots of ppl playing BF2 which I really enjoy (love sniping at the end of a long day) and more then enough ppl filling BF2142 servers. Sure its not like when BF2 first came out and you were lucky to find a server with 1 f****ing slot, but there are still ppl playing.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
                    More content was needed for us diehard daily players to stay interested.
                    Actually, the thing that keeps my interest is the people I game with. Any given night I can usually find 4-10 of my buddies in TS and or online and we hook up for some fun. Although without them, I probably would have quit a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian
                      =P I think this is the point of fudzilla: leak outrageous rumors so that the companies in charge have no choice but to respond.
                      Well even if that is the case, their shouldn't be a problem with communication like recently. I understand that not all game developers have done what has dice has done and be apart of a community such as totalbf2142.
                      But everyone disappeared and it took a thread like this to spark the interest in them to say something. If [DICE]CKMC was the man before that always talked to us about the game and whats going on, then he needs to come back then. Seeing that he has done some great PR with 495 posts, compared to Sentience with 12 posts.

I mean come on, I'm not saying you have to forum whore the forums to get some good PR. But damn, care about the community some, show it some love.
                      What are people to suspect, no updates for the game in months, no word from the PR guy in months. The player base is dying off, the totalbf2142 community is dying off.

Someone said "well look at BF2, its still going strong since patch 1.41 with no updates."
                      Well you are wrong, the player base has died off, went to other things, mods,other games,etc. But yet the game has been out a long time with plenty of content.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                        This is true, 2142 didnt even have boats.
                        I got a boat mod going with Dtneter

Comment

Thanks for the update DICE guys.

Comment

[QUOTE='[DICE]CKMC;401075']But thats all I can say since I no longer hold the office that allows me to discuss game plans in public venues....I get to be like Demize now and talk with you guys about how much I love the Voss, Clark and taking dog tags.[QUOTE]

Or talk about your "artistry" with the knife.

Damn, if it wasn't for where I live......I'd try for your tags......

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
                            As ever, I wouldn't recommend giving any credence to rumours like this. There are no plans for another 2142 expansion or booster at this time, though 1.4 will include the final version of Highway Tampa 2142 for everyone to play. Nor are there any plans for a PC version of Bad Company, it's been designed from the ground up as a console title first and foremost.

As for the 2142 1.4 update, we realise it's taken longer than would be ideal, however there were a number of difficult crash fixes that we wanted to address. We're currently looking to do a second, but much shorter, 1.4 beta before release.

Wow first post I seen from you and it's an update about 1.4.

With that kinda record, I hope to see more.

I fully understand if it took longer then expected to fix the crash issues, no use putting out the patch if it crashes every 2 rounds huh?

Comment

Gotta love me for making this thread :P.

I think I did over did with the title. :S

Comment

what a waste. i still remember when every kid in best buy wanted to buy bf2. screw EA, they ruin every good game that they make

Comment

Working...
                                X