Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 Comes to an end

Looks like the end of the road for 2142

Word has reached us today from a reliable source, that any plans that might have been in the pipeline for an Expansion Pack or additional Booster Packs for Battlefield 2142, look to have been scrapped.

Rumors say that the sales for the title were just "OK" and the number of players playing the game continues to dwindle.

Dice has all hands on deck for the production of Battlefield: Bad Company for the Xbox 360 using the new "Frostbite" engine, in addition to the other mystery project that they are working on.

Rumors that Battlefield: Bad Company will also be released for the PC continue to be unconfirmed by Dice regardless what other sources are saying. Only time will tell if this title will be ported over to the PC platform as well.

Development and bug fixes of the 1.40 patch with the Highway Tampa map for 2142 continue, but no word on a potential release date has indicated yet. The 1.40 patch could be the last for 2142 if our source is correct.
    Source:

Nice kick to the teeth. Thanks EA!

Comment

more like balllssssssss , darth balls.

Comment

I felt that this message was going to come from EA soon. The game felt like it was dying for some time now. A kick to the cubes indeed!:cry:

Comment

Way to go EA.

Comment

Originally posted by AndySnipe View Post
            Way to go EA.

Yeah really, the BF series has went way down hill since BFV. They care more about money now then the support of their player base. The ranking system and booster packs is what has done this in my opinion.

It was nice to get map packs and patches released for the early BF games. I am surprise that don't charge to download patches now.

I hope their Xbox 360 version bombs, for dropping the loyal community that they still got/had.

Comment

Ingame ads... 70 percent of gamers think it ads realism to the game... lol

EA keeps missing the boat... bf2 and 2142 had so much potential... oh well

Comment

Originally posted by [TUF]Catbox
                Ingame ads... 70 percent of gamers think it ads realism to the game... lol

EA keeps missing the boat... bf2 and 2142 had so much potential... oh well
                Well at least BF2 got some love for a while, if this is true, then they didnt even give it a year.:shakehead:

Comment

Atleast Sentience is on this thread....

This game had the potential clearly.

Comment

How legit is "Fudzilla?"

Comment

Number of players dwindle because there's no new content and there won't be any new content because the number of players dwindle...

Comment

Too freakin bad. I was hopin for an expansion pack or something

Comment

I can't see how this game comes to an end. Ok, there won't be any new stuff in-game.
                          But I wouldn't call it dead until a.) there is no one playing it anymore and or b.) they shut down the stats server.

Comment

Wow. Overreaction to rumours ftw. Apparently.
                            Until it's official, why not calm down and hope otherwise.
                            XxSTAMINAxX has it right. "No new content" wouldn't mean the same as "comes to an end" either. So long as people have a stat server, it'll go on. Nobody panic over a rumour.

Comment

Originally posted by 5TAK3D
                              Wow. Overreaction to rumours ftw. Apparently.
                              Until it's official, why not calm down and hope otherwise.
                              XxSTAMINAxX has it right. "No new content" wouldn't mean the same as "comes to an end" either. So long as people have a stat server, it'll go on. Nobody panic over a rumour.
                              qft

btw thanks for your tags i took off you a few months ago

Comment

Working...
                              X