No announcement yet.

BF2142 Comes to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its going to be sad if they let BF die like this. I still hold a little hope that they got some thing up there sleeve for when QW:ET comes out. I have had a lot of fun play BF2 and 2142. I would like to see BF:3, but it getting harder to see that. There will still be people play bf games for some time to come. Just take a look at 1942. there are not a lot of servers or players but you would have no problem finding a game.

Comment

Unsubstantiated rumours are just that. WMD's in Iraq ? 2142 coming to an end ?

Please. Allow EA to announce it and then I'll believe it. Until then it's some cheap **** with a Mambo CMS installation, which has removed the Copyright footer, looking for some page impressions on their advertising driven site. Don't be lame enough to open the link and give the guy money.

Comment

fudzilla.com = Lies

Comment

shame if EA showed this game some love it could be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by ///BASIL\\\
            its going to be sad if they let BF die like this. I still hold a little hope that they got some thing up there sleeve for when QW:ET comes out. I have had a lot of fun play BF2 and 2142. I would like to see BF:3, but it getting harder to see that. There will still be people play bf games for some time to come. Just take a look at 1942. there are not a lot of servers or players but you would have no problem finding a game.
            Man I sure hope someone has something for ETQW, I played the demo, and I just don't enjoy that game. Hopefully crysis piqes my appitite more, though I would still play 2142 in either case.

Originally posted by bigAPE
            Unsubstantiated rumours are just that. WMD's in Iraq ? 2142 coming to an end?
            Qft.

Anyway, we'll see about this, but I'd be suprised that they would pull the plug now. I mean, you'd think EA could take a little risk, since they're not a small company by any means. They just released the mac version too, why do that then dump the game.......

Comment

BF2142 is most certainly not dying. There are still still tons of players and many servers. As long as people are actually playing the game it's not dying in any sense. More like fading away.

Also they don't even mention who there source is. They even say:

...if our source is true.
              Yeah. Very satisfying.

Comment

I beleive sn@ke just hit the nail on the head. DICE are spending time making this franchise available on other platforms, which is probably taking resource away from the PC version which aint exactly broke (a few bugs maybe).

Your'e all just over reacting like paranoid, jealous housewives that aren't getting enough attention.

What I'd like to see is the server side being able to take clients from both MAC and PC and displaying the MAC logo next to the soldier names so that we know that they're playing on a MAC.

Who would you shoot first if you had a MAC soldier or a regular soldier in your sights?

Comment

I would use my knife on the mac user as I view knife kills as more artistic.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                    I would use my knife on the mac user as I view knife kills as more artistic.
                    Well if you're coming back, why not come back in style huh

At least tell us why you DICE guys ditched us and aren't giving us any updates on anything...

Comment

Hmmm...today might be the day...

Comment

Well as noted earlier Sentience was patrolling these forums - so there has been no ditching going on

But thats all I can say since I no longer hold the office that allows me to discuss game plans in public venues....I get to be like Demize now and talk with you guys about how much I love the Voss, Clark and taking dog tags.

edit: I do find it interesting how these sorts of rumors pop up in september. Anyone remember last year?

Comment

Even I had to come back for this .. I remember this same sort of garbage from last year.

Comment

Well no offense but Sentience isn't doing that great of a job.

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                            I get to be like Demize now and talk with you guys about how much I love the Voss, Clark and taking dog tags.
                            *Remembers DICE dogtag challenge*

We need to duel again

EDIT: CKMC, mind telling me what's up with my account? Lost all my dogtags and stats but I'm still a Brig Gen and I have a 655(yes...) SPM Ratio.

Comment

Urg - toss me a PM with a reminder Balla

And yes pretty much everyone EA DICE side who was in the challenge wants more stabby time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [TUF]Catbox
                                EA keeps missing the boat...

This is true, 2142 didnt even have boats.

Tbh its not like we didnt see this coming, its not as heartbraking as Jose leaving Chelsea (please leave me to mourn:cry

Thanks EA, dont expect me to buy Bad Compnay now.

Originally posted by Sys.Op.
                                fudzilla.com = Lies

I hope so dude but with the upcoming release of great game such as ET:QW's, CoD4 will there be any need for new content to this game? Will it be feasible anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X