Solution to the titan gun whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fish View Post
    lol.. ok i have just played a titan game... the titan gunner whore won gold with (i can remember the actual kd) between 20-30 kill with 0 deaths, he had a total score on 100 exactly...

we then played camp gib and i won gold.. I had to work my bollocks off to get my 57 kills and 11 deaths and 20ish team points to get my 84 points.

if you insist the second game was.. how did you put it "easy mode" then it must be ****ing hard for the titan gunner..

and before you go on about kdr.. this has nothing to do with that.. its about which is easier
    So if I took a walker all the way out to the edge of the map on Suez Canal and sit there and dont die, that makes it easier than IO? And Camp G isnt IO. I like the map. It allows vehicles and infantry in a balanced city map. You want easy mode in 2142? Let me point you in the direction of FoB. No chance for the PAC to win without backcapping, 2 walkers and 2 APCs per team, and pretty much only 2 ways around the map makes it Karkand Part 2.

The point is, you cant say "Oh, Titan mode is easy and less laborous (for lack of a better term) than IO because someone can sit in a Titan gun". Not everyone does it. I personally grab a tank and kick some ***. You should try the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidyr View Post
      So if I took a walker all the way out to the edge of the map on Suez Canal and sit there and dont die, that makes it easier than IO? And Camp G isnt IO. I like the map. It allows vehicles and infantry in a balanced city map. You want easy mode in 2142? Let me point you in the direction of FoB. No chance for the PAC to win without backcapping, 2 walkers and 2 APCs per team, and pretty much only 2 ways around the map makes it Karkand Part 2.

The point is, you cant say "Oh, Titan mode is easy and less laborous (for lack of a better term) than IO because someone can sit in a Titan gun". Not everyone does it. I personally grab a tank and kick some ***. You should try the same.
      I think Camp Gib & Cerbre Landing is the closest your going to get to IO, Camp Gib, when the walker are out of action they are gone for agas leaving it a good old IO game... you say that io make it easier, if you narrow it down to spending 15 minutes in a tank/apc/walker or a titan then 15 minutes on foot, you will find that on foot is far harder than the vehicles..

Comment

• OK, if the moving Titans are giving you that hard of a time, you should try static Titan maps. That way the Titan can't rain down on you unless you're actually at the Titan. (Which, by the way, is where all of my Titan weapon kills have come from) And do you realize an APC can easily roll in, pod out it's entire crew (which, because most drivers are morons, mostly consists of 1 maybe 2 soldiers if they're lucky), well before the Titan guns can take it out? So they now have that many soldiers in the Titan a gunner can do nothing about.
        A Pilum whore who constantly takes out my cannons distracts me from APCs and Transports flying in. So whether I die in the process or not, he's helping his team. And there are that many more soldiers boarding my Titan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
          OK, if the moving Titans are giving you that hard of a time, you should try static Titan maps.
          your right, but i like playing on our server.. our squad run on a voting system and we have to vote on weather to have static titans..

I need to add somthing that I only just found out last night.... I did read about this in this thread but thought it was just a suggestion... you can kill the titan gunners... i blew the titan core up and killed 3 people with my demo packs, I though there were just comming into the core room from the spawn end until one of the guys who was on our TS said how did that happen.. he was sitting on the titan guns, so the titan gunner does die if they are on the guns when you destroy the core.. cal me think for not knowing lol

Comment

• I enjoy podding onto one of the engines of the titan after the sheilds go down and shooting all 4 guns without them being able to get me (With help from my friendly support troop).

You can do this on only 1 of the 2 titans. No glitch or anything.

Comment

• Titan gun spamming is too easy to do so why do you think all the point hungry noobs do nowt but constantly spam a silo with a high k/d ratio? THey group with friends as well so they can spam Engineer repair points. I like the idea that killing a gun kills the gunner!

Comment

• Originally posted by farmergiles View Post
                I like the idea that killing a gun kills the gunner!
                thats illogical, whats the point of having a remote gun if you can be killed on it. i think they shouldnt get kills, they should get points just not kills. the thing is, it shouldnt constantly be operational. they should have to wait a minute of 2 for them to respawn.

Comment

you can kill the titan gunners... i blew the titan core up and killed 3 people with my demo packs, I though there were just comming into the core room from the spawn end until one of the guys who was on our TS said how did that happen.. he was sitting on the titan guns, so the titan gunner does die if they are on the guns when you destroy the core.. cal me think for not knowing lol
                  Yeah I know :laugh:. It took me awhile to learn that. After I got killed that way a couple of times, I'd just be sitting there scratching my head thinking "What the.....?!? Did he get inside the hanger?" Now I know, when the hull gets really low, get out of the gun pronto!

But I kind of came up with a concession for this debate. At least it's one I would be willing to try, so I'm just tossing this idea out....
                  Before the idea, one other thing needs to be fixed also..the ability for Pilums to damage the cannons beyond 0 hp. I've been in a gun that a Pilum just took out, and it's health would say something like -50. An engineer will be fixing it, I'll see the health creeping up, then suddenly another Pilum will hit it again before it reaches 0 and will drop again, to something like -30. I think if it's destroyed it should stay at 0, and the enemy shouldn't be able to do any additional damage.

And that's because..........

Instead of a respawn, like vehicles or ground weapons, I believe engineers should be able to repair them as they do now. However, I'm thinking they shouldn't come back online until they're at 100% health. Even with a reset to it's default aiming position. That way they would still be useful to the gunners, but could be down long enough to give the enemy a chance to push through a position. Plus, it will encourage gunners to get out when they're being fired on and actually try to repair the gun before it can be taken out, again giving the enemy a little breather.

And the reason I said the other idea first, is so Pilums can't spam a cannon stump and prevent it from ever coming back online. They should see nothing but the stump until it's back online (when it reaches 100% health), and Pilum rounds should have no effect on it while the engi repairs it.

Just a thought.

Comment

• I enjoy using the Titan guns and I don't find them to be something I can't avoid or neutralize when needed. Teamwork makes it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                      Yeah I know :laugh:. It took me awhile to learn that. After I got killed that way a couple of times, I'd just be sitting there scratching my head thinking "What the.....?!? Did he get inside the hanger?" Now I know, when the hull gets really low, get out of the gun pronto!

But I kind of came up with a concession for this debate. At least it's one I would be willing to try, so I'm just tossing this idea out....
                      Before the idea, one other thing needs to be fixed also..the ability for Pilums to damage the cannons beyond 0 hp. I've been in a gun that a Pilum just took out, and it's health would say something like -50. An engineer will be fixing it, I'll see the health creeping up, then suddenly another Pilum will hit it again before it reaches 0 and will drop again, to something like -30. I think if it's destroyed it should stay at 0, and the enemy shouldn't be able to do any additional damage.

And that's because..........

Instead of a respawn, like vehicles or ground weapons, I believe engineers should be able to repair them as they do now. However, I'm thinking they shouldn't come back online until they're at 100% health. Even with a reset to it's default aiming position. That way they would still be useful to the gunners, but could be down long enough to give the enemy a chance to push through a position. Plus, it will encourage gunners to get out when they're being fired on and actually try to repair the gun before it can be taken out, again giving the enemy a little breather.

And the reason I said the other idea first, is so Pilums can't spam a cannon stump and prevent it from ever coming back online. They should see nothing but the stump until it's back online (when it reaches 100% health), and Pilum rounds should have no effect on it while the engi repairs it.

Just a thought.
                      thats a very good idea... another thing can anyone tell me why a titan gunner gets 2 points per kill... I know its classed as titan defence score.. but titan defence points should really be achived on the titan itself.. you are not defending the titan when a gunner kills a jeep of guys going from 1 silo to another... why should the titan AA gunners get 2 points (I think they do) when they are blowing transporters and attack chopper while taking off from thier titan?

And if any of the DICE team are still following this thread.. can you tell me why the teamkill was taken away from the titan gunners? they kill friendlies without a care in the world because there is no reprecussions.

Comment

• A titan gunner noob gains 2 points per kill, yet the Engineers who work their butt off to kill vehicles, tanks and the indestructible walkers only get 1 point or so for the kill. I killed about 3 walkers and didnt have more than 4 points for my hard work. Yet some sniper or medic spammer noob would have double digits for clicking a button!

Comment

• Fair point.... the Engineers do seem to get it hard with the non-existant repair point system and a poor excuse for a machine gun for self defense!

Comment

thats a very good idea... another thing can anyone tell me why a titan gunner gets 2 points per kill... I know its classed as titan defence score.. but titan defence points should really be achived on the titan itself.. you are not defending the titan when a gunner kills a jeep of guys going from 1 silo to another... why should the titan AA gunners get 2 points (I think they do) when they are blowing transporters and attack chopper while taking off from thier titan?
                            Yeah, I can understand that issue too. when the Titans move, the become the aggressor, and so most of their gun fire is offensive not defensive. It would be like being in a tank and have a Pilum hit your side, then turning to kill the engi that fired it and getting 1 point for the kill and one point for tank defense. Doesn't make much sense. The only exception to me would be static Titan maps, because most all of their kills are in their defense, or at least defense of the main base, since the enemy has to come to it to be killed by it.

Comment

Working...
                            X