This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Order Orange Now and Play TF2 Early

Valve's "big announcement" has just been announced. The Orange Box is now available for pre-order and any who pre-order Orange will get to play the Team Fortress 2 BETA beginning September 17!
    Starting Monday, September 17, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam can download and activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 (TF2). This year's most anticipated online action game, TF2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.
    Furthermore, as if playing Team Fortress 2 almost a month ahead of release wasn't good enough for you, each order will net you a free copy of Peggle Extreme. Current owners of HL2 or Episode 1 are allowed to give away their copy from the Orange Box if they so choose to do so.

As it stands, the $44.95 pre-order nets you Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress 2 BETA, Portal, and Peggle Extreme.

Edited by [user="381418"] @ [time="1189537409"]

Wait what's Peggle Extreme?

And how much is this free resort weekend?

Also I noticed that soon after Fortress Forever announced a September release, Team Fortress 2 also anounced to be released in September, and probably before. I think Valve just owned them.

Comment

two of the most delayed projects in gaming coming out on the same day...ITS A TRAP!!!

Comment

I agree squid. There is some sort of paradox that is occuring, we should all be very careful.

Comment

They did the same with HL2. Preorder; get to play the mp component of the package early (not to screw over the mod team).

I bought the game as soon as I heard about this.

Comment

Edited by [user="9878"] @ [time="1189542033"]

£26! Hell yeah!

Cheaper than the shops, can play as soon as it's unlocked and discounted prices!

Great offer. Thanks VALVe

UPDATE: That Peggle game is damn good!

Comment

Anyone have trouble getting the 'buy' link to work ?

Comment

DAYUM I'm all over this!

Comment

I'll wait hopefully for a "black box" via Steam.

Comment

Zips, any word on Episode Two only?

Comment

ukHazard wrote..

I'll wait hopefully for a "black box" via Steam.
                      you'll still be waiting for it when hl3 comes out

Comment

i want the black box in steam!

Comment

meowmeow wrote..

Zips, any word on Episode Two only?
                          Well, they have individual prices for each Orange Box component, but no means to buy them separately yet. Looks like it'll be $29.95 just for Ep2.

appended @ [time="1189543698"]

kalabalana wrote..

you'll still be waiting for it when hl3 comes out
                          They already said there will be other package options available on Steam.

Comment

They said they were going to have an option to not have to rebuy games, but still get the bundle.

Comment

hope that's true... look at the individual prices for episode 2, portal, and tf2.. 80 bucks total. i really don't play on buying hl2 and ep1 just so i can "give the keys away to friends"

Comment

Working...
                              X