The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Actually... without the medic you would be totally dead. As in not have the ability to heal at all.

Getting revived is a privledge, not a right.

Same with being resupplied.

You could also just spawn as Medic or support, so instead of complaining about what you don't have, be thankful for what you do. No one is making you play BF2 any certain way, you could quite easily stay lone wolf, and pickup kits to rearm and heal. There is nothing making you squad up, although with getting another spawn point there is no reason to not squad up.

Comment

Who said anything about revives, i actually hate that too. Totally unrealistic. But thats another topic in itself..

I was talking about a simple heal up, and ammo. Neither of those are a privledge, they are necessary just to play the game.

And a publicly played game shouldnt have a gameplay element where one players total ability to continue playing is completely dependent on some pub player.

Gotta love these clan players that expect teamwork on pub servers, theres almost none what-so ever. Everyones a stat-ho that couldnt care less about anyone else, or even who wins and loses.. Its ALL about k/d ratios on pub servers..Theres no teamwork.

Comment

they need a smarter revive system.

first, differentiate between revivable incapacitation and outright instantly killed and/or blown to bits.

if you get hit by bullets in the arms, legs, maybe chest, then let him be incapacitated.
        if he's hit in the head, maybe let him be instantly killed, especially if it's a high caliber ammunition.
        if he falls from more than 20ft, let him be instantly killed.
        if he dies from a rocket, tank shell, jet bombs, etc let him be instantly killed. (exclude nades since this is BF afterall and there will be nade spamming and a lot of deaths from it)

also, i think they should take a page from RtCW. if you get incapacitated, the enemy can still pump more bullets into you or knife you to gib you, meaning your body is no longer revivable. however, if you get hit by a panzerfaust or close to a grenade when it explodes, you blow to smithereens and your body isn't even there anymore. just gore.

Comment

We're talking about an arcade game here guys, not a realistic military simulator.

I agree there should be some "instant kill" deaths that you cannot be revived from (Project Reality has this), but as far as removing revive, heal, and ammo resupply all together... it's very unlikely that DICE will take that approach.

Comment

I agree there should be some "instant kill" deaths that you cannot be revived from (Project Reality has this), but as far as removing revive, heal, and ammo resupply all together... it's very unlikely that DICE will take that approach.
            I never said remove it. I said get rid of those being the only source. Like put ammoboxes and health cabinets in the game too... Ridiculous they dont have them in BF2 and 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Noob
              I never said remove it. I said get rid of those being the only source. Like put ammoboxes and health cabinets in the game too... Ridiculous they dont have them in BF2 and 2142.
              why? so that you can prone next to the ammobox and spam grenades into the middle of stalingrad for the duration of the round?

DICE purposely decided against permanent ammo boxes due to insane nade spamming. the new ammo hubs and supply crates might not be the best thing but it sure is 1000x better than ammboxes of 1942. we don't need it. it encourages camping in one spot and spamming. whether it's with nades, or vehicles like tanks, if you're next to the ammo box, you have unending supply of ammunition. supply drop crates and ammo hubs are fine replacements and since they eventually disappear, they don't have the exploit issues.

please think before you write such ignorant things. 1942 was a great game and all, but it had issues too. perhaps it's time to move on.

Comment

why? so that you can prone next to the ammobox and spam grenades into the middle of stalingrad for the duration of the round?
                Thats a bad map design issue!
                And how is that different than a support and medic team continuously spamming nades as a mobile nade spam team, perhaps spamming a spawn. Infact thats worse isnt it. Plus they can heal up on the move, and revive if you manage to kill one of them.

And a support guy in a vehicle never runs out of ammo, no matter where he is on the map. And a medic can heal anywhere on the map.

Atleast with ammoboxes they could be placed in decent spots that didnt allow for mass nade spammage. Thats where good map design comes in. And medic boxes forced players to retreat to a heal-up point. Much more realistic imo.

Your arguement fails! I suggest you think before you write such ignorant things.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Noob
                  Thats a bad map design issue!
                  And how is that different than a support and medic team continuously spamming nades as a mobile nade spam team, perhaps spamming a spawn. Infact thats worse isnt it. Plus they can heal up on the move, and revive if you manage to kill one of them.

And a support guy in a vehicle never runs out of ammo, no matter where he is on the map. And a medic can heal anywhere on the map.

Atleast with ammoboxes they could be placed in decent spots that didnt allow for mass nade spammage. Thats where good map design comes in. And medic boxes forced players to retreat to a heal-up point. Much more realistic imo.

Your arguement fails! I suggest you think before you write such ignorant things.
                  Now you can prone wherever cover you like (like the towers at karkand bridge) and lob nades straight to spawn in a continuous stream.

Comment

I think you should take damage relative to where in the body you were hit. If you are shot in the legs then it affects your ability to run/sprint, hit in the face and you can't use voip or see properly, hit in the arms and your aim is affected. If you are hit in the chest then you just have to lie there semi-concious unable to use your weapon until you die or a friendly medic pops by.

I think that the animation should reflect this and you could have soldiers limping or holding their gun with one arm, or even have a lot of strawberry jam where there face used to be - oops I think I may have taken that too far now.

Comment

-More game modes. We really need CTF and deathmatch etc. Also like an objective game mode.
                      -Best graphics possible. BF2 BLEW MY MIND when it came out. I never thought graphics could get better.
                      -BIGGER MAPS
                      -MORE PLAYERS 128 players.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour
                        I think you should take damage relative to where in the body you were hit. If you are shot in the legs then it affects your ability to run/sprint, hit in the face and you can't use voip or see properly, hit in the arms and your aim is affected. If you are hit in the chest then you just have to lie there semi-concious unable to use your weapon until you die or a friendly medic pops by.

I think that the animation should reflect this and you could have soldiers limping or holding their gun with one arm, or even have a lot of strawberry jam where there face used to be - oops I think I may have taken that too far now.
                        That's getting a little too realistic and would not add to the game in any fun way.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour

You 100% described what Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad will be... play that game if you want this.

Comment

I think you should take damage relative to where in the body you were hit. If you are shot in the legs then it affects your ability to run/sprint, hit in the face and you can't use voip or see properly, hit in the arms and your aim is affected. If you are hit in the chest then you just have to lie there semi-concious unable to use your weapon until you die or a friendly medic pops by
                            I wouldnt want this.. It sounds great in theory, until its you out there helpless and cant fight back or cant aim or whatever effect they put on you. Especially if you're getting shot and you cant do much to stop getting clipped. Like if you're being spawn camped or something.

What i would like to see is!

If you're hit, whether mortally or not, if it's a wound that would send you to the medics, then you're out and you respawn!

BUT! instead of just Ragdoll Bodies left behind when you die! The game leaves behind animated bot wounded soldiers, that crawl around screaming or calling out for their mothers or a bazillion other things that could be animated.

You could also have animated medics that respond, put them on stretchers and carry them away. Of course this would have to not interfere with players or gameplay. This would add huge atmosphere to a game.

edit: Infact i would love to see bots added for all kinds of fill in roles, to add to the atmosphere of games. Think how cool it would be if when you get in a field gun, it comes with an animated loading crew that just stands around when not in use. But goes to work when someone gets in.

Comment

please make separate area to display chat text from the rest of the text that scrolls during gameplay.

it's nearly impossible to catch a line of chat with so many things scrolling.

Comment

please make separate area to display chat text from the rest of the text that scrolls during gameplay.
                                Signed^^

Totally agree, chat text needs to be seperated from all other game related text that generally floods past too fast to read.

Actually, I wouldnt mind more control over how all info on my game screen is configured. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X